Breeding the White Out

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Breeding the White Out

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Okay, so I have this one Chao named Victory, who’s a shiny two-tone white how does one get white out of mono green and two-tone normal? easy, grandparents. and i’m Planning on breeding him with my fresh-meat out of the GBA two-tone normal, ChanTea, to get a shiny two-tone normal (hopefully).

Basically I’m asking:
Does anyone know the success rate of successfully breeding out the white? Using just those two?
Or if there’s an easy way to do so?
:herosway: Help would be appreciated.. :darksway:
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Breeding the White Out

Post by Mamkute »

Chao genetics work very similarly to simple Mendel-ian genetics, if you have taken 7-th-ish grade biology, or high school bio. I am going to go into more depth than what you specifically asked for, but this can help with understanding chao genes as a whole, hopefully. You can just skip to the bottom to see the chances. What I am describing is covered on these two pages on the main site:

Breeds: http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/breeds
Genetics: http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/genetics

There are four categories of genes, Color, Tone, Shine, and Texture (Jewel.)

Color has the options of White, Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Sky Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Grey, Lime Green, Black, and Normal.
Tone has the options of Two-tone, or Mono-tone.
Shine has the options of Shiny, or Non-shiny.
Texture has Silver, Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst, Emerald, Garnet, Aquamarine, Peridot, Topaz, Onyx, and Non-jewel.

And every chao has two alleles for each category. A pure (purchased from the black market) red chao has two "Red" alleles, two "Monotone" alleles, two "Non-shiny" alleles, and two "Non-jewel" alleles.. A normal chao from the garden has two "Normal" alleles, two "Two-tone" alleles, two "Non-shiny" alleles, and two "Non-jewel" alleles.

When it comes to color, all colors except for Normal are equally dominant. When you breed (obtained from the black market) a Red chao and a Blue chao, they have the color alleles Red Red, and Blue Blue. The baby will have Red Blue. In real world genetics, when two traits are equally dominant, you generally get a phenomenon known as co-dominance where both traits are displayed (the equivalent here would be a purple chao.) But this does not happen with chao. Instead one color or the other will be applied, at random. You can think of it as a dominant "slot" in this case. The red baby will be RB (R in the first, dominant color slot) while the blue baby will be BR (B in the first, dominant color slot.)

The Normal color genes is recessive, so if a chao has White-Normal alleles, the chao will be white. So pure normal chao + any pure market white chao gets you a white baby, but it has the normal allele, too (WN.)

Two-tone and mono-tone are equally dominant. Same with Shine and No-shine. Any jewel coat is dominant over Non-jewel, similar to color. However jewels are not relevant for this.
So, after all my rambling about background, we can cover math behind the cross you are doing.

ChanTea has Normal/Normal for color, Two-tone/Two-tone for tone, and Non-shiny/Non-shiny for shine. Jewel coat is not relevant here.
Victory has White/Normal for color (I assume, since a parent was a two-tone normal.) Two-tone/Mono-tone for tone, and Shiny/X for shine, where X could be a shiny or non-shiny gene. This is because Victory's parents are kind of questionable. So we have to make some guesses on this one,

So, her is a bad MS Paint diagram, which hopefully displays what I need it too. Squares circled in blue are what you want, for a Shiny-Normal (two-tone) chao. All squares are equally likely.
So for color you have a 1/2 chance of getting Normal, you have a 3/4 chance of getting two-tone, and you have either a 1/4 or 1/2 chance of getting the baby shiny.
So your total chance is 3/32 (bad scenario) or 3/16 (good scenario.) Note that 3/16 is about the best chance you can get for a 3 generation breeding of a Shiny Normal chao.

A problem you may run into is that two-tone white and normal chao look the same at birth, so watch out for that.

Anyway, I hope this wall of text made sense.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Post by YuYuChaosho »

It does it does! :darksurprise:
Thanks so much!

I’m pretty sure I was going to drive myself crazy breeding with out actually knowing the chances!

:darkhappy: now it’s time for me to defy the odds of breeding one and a ridiculous amount of heart fruit
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

To save on rings, you can purchase the heart fruit, then save.
Then breed the chao, hatch the baby, and if the baby is not what you want, reset. Note, however, that once an egg is produced, it will be the same egg every time, so if you want to reset, you have to reset to before the egg was made.

Good luck! Shiny Normal chao (monotone or two-tone) are just about the hardest chao to get when it comes to breeding chances. But they are certainly pretty, so best of luck to you.