Does a chao age faster in the Classroom?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Does a chao age faster in the Classroom?

Post by Chao Professor »

I remember hearing rumours that a chao's magnitude increases faster during a class than it would in the garden. Is this actually true?
Image It's still thinking...
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Re: Does a chao age faster in the Classroom?

Post by YuYuChaosho »

No.
...well at least I would think not.

I believe that once one is put in class the game puts them in a paused state of activity like an inactive Garden. I’ve come to this conclusion because of how many Chao I’ve left in there to preserve their lives at what ever age they’re at. I use it like a deep freezer pretty much.

Of course I could be wrong, only way to actually know is to test this rumor...
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

If I had the PC release of SA2, I'd go and check this out. I'm definitely interested in finding out if spending time in a Chao's home garden while it is in kindergarten affects its magnitude and remaining life, or any of its other parametres.
Chao Professor

Post by Chao Professor »

Thank you for the responses. I'm back home with my own pc now, so I can do some experimenting.
Chao Professor

Post by Chao Professor »

Well, that was resolved quickly. After some experiments, the answer is no. Like YuYuChaosho suggested, it seems that chao are simply frozen in time whilst in the classroom. There was absolutely no change in the chao's magnitude upon picking it up. I really can't remember where I heard the rumour, but I get the feeling it was something the Chao Principal said in one of his chao tips - that time seems to pass faster in the kindergarten or something. This is likely a false memory, however.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

Maybe he was talking about the amount of time it takes for a Chao to complete a lesson.