How to get a Shiny Egg?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

How to get a Shiny Egg?

Post by ChillyChao »

Long story short:
I want a Shiny Chao alot.
I can't get any emblems because level 15 of the hero story is so hard that I can't beat it and level 5 on the dark story is tedious.
I know you can get Shiny Eggs.
I don't know how.
But I want to.
I know you have to get about 100 emblems to get a colored Shiny Egg.
But I know you can get normal Shiny Eggs.
And I wanna know how.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: How to get a Shiny Egg?

Post by ShadriaFan »

You need to unlock shiny colored eggs, and then breed them with the normal two-tones. There is a chance (a bit rare, however) for one to be a shiny two-tone normal. You could also end up with a normal chao, a monotone shiny color chao, or a two-tone shiny color chao.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: How to get a Shiny Egg?

Post by Mamkute »

Yep, sadly you need the Shiny gene to be introduced through the Black Market. You can not get Shiny from nothing Shiny at all.
The first available Shiny egg from the Black Market is available at 45 Emblems, which is luckily quite a bit less than 100. You are probably quite close, even. Can you do the collect 100 rings missions for levels you have done before?

To clarify slightly on Shadria's point: Using pure bred Chao, a Shiny Normal Chao requires two generations of breeding, it can not be obtained in one. This is because Normal is recessive as a color, so the child of a Normal Chao and any other Color Chao will result in that Color.