SADX's Chao Race opponents

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

SADX's Chao Race opponents

Post by UltimaNumber »

I've taken a break from obtaining data from SA2B and decided to start digging into SADX's Chao race system, and my findings are quite something!

So, it took me a while to find where the Chao Race opponents stats are written, and for a good reason! The way it works; for your Chao, it takes it's current stats, and multiplies it by 4, and if the results is equal to or greater than 10000, your Chao will burst to super speeds than it would have 9999 (or in your case, 2499x4=9996). But for every other Chao, they break the rules, they CAN have stats that are NOT a multiple of 4!

As for the opponents themselves, I've only obtained Chacron's stats, but they are different in each course! I've only seen a couple races and only the 4 main stats, not that the other 3 would matter, but, in Emerald, he has 9992 of everything but Run, and 9993 Run. In Ruby, he has 9998 of everything! I'm still not sure what causes him to just suddenly have 10000 of everything if you take too long in the Ruby course, or if he can just change to that and not have it from the get-go.

This is still a work in progress and this is what I've gotten so far! There is still so much more to uncover and I will be sure to document all this when I'm finished!
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: SADX's Chao Race opponents

Post by Mamkute »

Awesome work.

Can you clarify the point on multiplying by 4? Like, it takes you chao's values and multiplies them by 4, in all races, to get the race-relevant stat numbers? So therefore the player chao always has values that are a multiple of 4, but enemy racers don't necessarily have that trend on their values?

And what do you mean about Ruby course? And since Chacron is raced on the Diamond course, you just mean a section of the race course? Or if you place him into other races?

This sounds like good progress so far.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

Yep, it multiplies your stats by 4, to account for the other racer's stats, who may not have a multiple of 4, but surely significantly higher than what you could actually reach. But only in-race. It multiplies the stats, then writes it for your Chao to race with those new stats somewhere else in the coding.

Chacron appears in all the courses in SADX/SA1 after you win the emblem for that course. And he has different stats for all the courses; Pearl, Sapphire, Amethyst, Ruby, and Emerald (But in SA1, he has 999 of everything in all the courses! Also, the SA1 variant is Chaclon instead of Chacron). Remember, SADX/SA1 has a different Chao Race than in SA2.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I kind of glossed over the SADX specification. Sorry.

My SADX racing knowledge is pretty minimal, since I never really got used to the different system.
Delta5
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Delta5 »

Been playing on SA2B this whole time until today when SADX that was got off the internet arrived. Used the tiny chao garden to move one of my chaos chao there to compete in the races. The mechanics of the chao races in SADX seems very different from what im used to in SA2B.
Image Image