Misc. questions concerning SA2B & Tiny Chao Garden

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Striving to fully understand Chao

Misc. questions concerning SA2B & Tiny Chao Garden

Post by Swate »

Hi all, I've been a lurker on this website for probably five years but decided I would finally make a post to the forums ^^

I have some questions I can't find answered anywhere which have been burning for a little while.
I'd really appreciate if anyone had the answers to them.

1. What are the color/shine/tone genes for a default Jewel Chao? (I.e. a Chao from a Tiny Chao Garden egg). Is it just Normal/Normal, Non-Shiny/Non-Shiny and Mono-Tone/Mono-Tone?

2. Why isn't my Normal Two-Tone Hero Chao showing up correctly in the Tiny Chao Garden? When I put it in the Garden, it's rendered as a completely black sprite with the shape of a Chao.
This happened to both Normal Two-Tones that I have. My Orange Hero Chao shows up normally. I'm using the Sonic Advance / Pinball Party 2-pack and it happens in both games.
(Normal Two-Tone Dark Chao work as intended for me, just not Hero).
Basically my question is: Can anyone get a Normal Two-Tone Hero Chao to show up correctly in their Tiny Chao Garden?

That's all. Sorry for the big question, just wanted to give as much info as possible. Big thanks to the mods for their work on documenting Chao, as Chao Island has been an invaluable resource for me for years!

~ Swate
heck yeah chao :cool:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Misc. questions concerning SA2B & Tiny Chao Garden

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I'm pretty sure store bought Jewels are homozygous non-shiny normal two-tones under their jewel coats.

As for the TCG, I don't think anyone has taken the time to fully document the graphical glitches in any version of the TCG, so I can't provide a definitive answer.
Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Swate »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 am I'm pretty sure store bought Jewels are homozygous non-shiny normal two-tones under their jewel coats.
Oh, they are two-tone then? That's pretty cool, I guess it kind of makes sense as it would be like getting a default egg and plastering the Jewel attributes on top.
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 am As for the TCG, I don't think anyone has taken the time to fully document the graphical glitches in any version of the TCG, so I can't provide a definitive answer.
Yes, this was the problem I ran into as well. I can't find a very comprehensive resource on the TCG, what little I do have is YouTube videos (some of which as Crazo's, big shoutout there) and other internet fragments here and there.
You seem to speak as though graphical glitches are an expected thing (or maybe I'm reading too hard), do people generally have the mentality that the TCG is visually buggy?

Thanks a ton for your reply, it's very helpful.
Delta5
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Delta5 »

I want to say that the Jewel chao that you buy in TCG are mono tone, just like the eggs you buy from the black market in SA2B are always mono tone. The normal chao that come with the garden are normal two tone. To get a red two tone chao for example you have to breed a red mono tone chao from the black market to have a chance of the child getting the red color gene, with a regular chao that comes with the garden for the child to have a chance of getting the two tone gene.

Shiny jewel chao apper lightly transparent, where as shiny two tone jewel chao apper as highly transparent or even invisible depending on the jewel color. Have not experimented with or looked up what a non shiny two tone looks like.
Here is more info on mono tone, two tone and normal colored chao viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48925
Image Image
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Swate wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:20 pm like getting a default egg and plastering the Jewel attributes on top.
Exactly like this.

Delta5, the Jewel Chao from the TCG appear monotone, in that their body is all one color. But genetically they have two-tone genes, they just don't display them. There are genes for Color, Tone, Shine, and Jewel Coat. Normal Chao from the garden are Normal/Normal, Two-tone/Two-tone, Non-Shiny/Non-Shiny, and Non-Jewel/Non-Jewel. Jewel Chao you get from the TCG are all of those traits, except instead are Gold/Gold, or Silver/Silver, or Peridot/Peridot, etc.

And having even one Jewel gene present will make the Chao appear like that, hence why breeding an Aquamarine Chao from the TCG with a Red Monotone (for example) will only get you Aquamarine Chao.

And Shiny Jewel Chao have appearance's only determined by their color gene. If they would be Shiny, and have any Jewel coat gene, then they are a Shiny Jewel- what kind is determined by Color. Tone is not relevant to them.

Swate, it is well known that evolved Normal Chao (and I think Shiny Jewels and two-tones in general) have really funky (glitchy) appearances in the TCG. So yes, graphical glitches are a well known thing in the TCG, specifically for those kinds of Chao. The kind of weird glitchy Chao appearance is based on evolution type (and probably what color it is) but it is not well documented, which is what Mewtamer meant.
Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Swate »

Awesome! Thank you very much for your help Delta5 and Mamkute, that clears up everything I was wondering about. :chaohappy:

And just in the interest of being rigorous, I've attached a picture of the glitch I'm receiving. Maybe some future TCG documenter might find it helpful.

Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

My most common weird appearance for chao in the TCG has been a sort of black-purple mixture of colors, with some yellow thrown in there I think... It is pretty strange stuff.

It is definitely a topic worth looking into for documenting, at some point.
Your pure black chao is a Hero/Run correct?
Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Swate »

That is correct. It is a Hero/Run Chao evolved from the default egg that was in the Hero Garden when I first went in there. I don't have any other Hero Chao from default eggs other than another Run one, so I can't be sure if alignment affects it.

However, I feel like it wouldn't. When I put a Normal/Two-Tone Dark Chao in the TCG, it has Neutral eyes with a Dark Grey / Red gradient (approximately like a Normal/Two-Tone Child that has been fully pet with Dark characters but not as black). And this doesn't change with my Dark/Fly vs Dark/Power.

I may look into a bunch of TCG stuff at some point if it's something that would benefit the site. I would love to contribute.