my chao looks different. Why?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 15 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Gunshot123
Child Chao
Child Chao

my chao looks different. Why?

Post by Gunshot123 »

hey everone I got a chao. just one chao and I gave it animal part to make it look cool. when I gave him different animal part it didn't look the same so I reset it and keep on giving it the same animal parts. soon after that I relies that her stat got high (yes it a girl chao) but then I noticed that she was a different color and she not the same anymore. I thinking that I messed up some how or is this suppost to happen. what happing to my chao! Why is it change! :darkangry: I know that I'm new and I never real played any of the soinc games on gamecube but can someone help me out here. :herocry:
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Moved to Chao Help and Support.

I'm sorry, it's somewhat difficult to understand you. When you give a chao animals, it will take on characteristics of that animal - slightly modifying its appearance. After a while, your chao will evolve and change shape depending on what stats it had.
ChaosBringer
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChaosBringer »

chao change depending how u take care of it
sonic/tails/knuckles u keep petting it or giving it food or drives/animals it gets whiter and whiter till it looks sorta like an angel a hero chao :herosway:
shadow/rouge/eggman doing the same thing itll turn black and look evilish a dark chao :darksway:

also u can keep it neutral but u have to take care of the chao with a hero AND dark character

stating that once u decide on wat u want it to be hero/neutral/dark
depending on wat stats u give from the drives and animals (fly/swim/run/power) it will alter the way it looks aside from it being a hero/neutral/dark

there is extreme amount of variety to chao just look threw the site and ull see there is alot of ways u can alter and change chao

but it changing is absolutely normal^^

btw since its ur first time playing or w/e i assume u dont have any gardens, well when u make u very first hero chao u unlock a hero garden when u make ur first dark chao u unlock the dark garden (heaven/hell)

just breeze threw the site there is alot on chao, just read the forums and sutff^^
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: How to cure an obsession: Get a new one

Post by moonsoul »

Was it a baby chao you were raising? If it was a normal chao that you first get from an egg when you enter the chao garden, the color of it changes depending on it's alignment. If it's getting lighter it's moving towards the hero alignment, if it's getting darker it's moving towards the dark alignment, and if it's somewhere in the middle it's neutral. It's nothing to worry about unless you're aiming for a specfic alignment.
xninjy
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by xninjy »

your chao will start to turn dark if u are feeding it animals with eggman,shadow, or rouge. it will start to turn light if u feed it with sonic,tails, or knuckles. the different animals give chao different looks and stats. try all diferent combonations of animals to see what happens. u didnt mess up dont worry. :darkcool:
ChaosBringer
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChaosBringer »

its a lil buzzy the way i explained it so anyone else can correct me or clarify anything i said to vague or w/e :sway:
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

Chao will change depending on:

Hero/Dark Alignment--Treat it good with a hero character to make the chao a hero chao, dark characters make it dark. OR you can abuse it with a hero to make it dark, but that is a bad idea. Same with dark to make it hero, also a bad idea. Treat with both equally well to keep your chao neutral.

Stats--Animals and chaos drives--the glowing colored tubes chao like to drink out of; yes, they DRINK them, chao adventure 2 on the dreamcast version proves it--will change a chao's appearance because those things give stats. Give it enough of a certain type of animal or chaos drive, and the chao will change according to the stats it receives. Look around at the MAIN SITE (NOT THE FORUMS D:) for info on what color effects a chao, and what chao with certain stats become later on in life.

Here is some reading material for you:

STATS
BASIC EVOLUTION
FIRST EVOLUTION
BASIC SECOND EVOLUTION
Second Neutral
Second Hero
Second Dark

And lastly, CHAOS CHAO

I REALLY REALLY wish people would look at the main site. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU GUYS who come here for help to look at the main site.

In fact, I may put a request for a sticky/announcement "READ THIS FIRST" post for this forum.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
dvddd3d
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by dvddd3d »

if it is a baby chao, it is changing because you are either being nice or mean to it. you can tell this by the color it is changing to. if the colors make you think of halloween(like grey and pumpkin orange)it is turning dark, and if they seem bluish and lighter than normal, a hero. but if it is evolved, then there are a number of possibilities. depending on the animal you give it, and how many times you give it to it, it might be starting to develop a power, fly, swim, or run stat.