New Eden: after the end RP

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
kolpool
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

New Eden: after the end RP

Post by kolpool »

LOG DATE 12/24/2055:Well it's day 7 since we all came here, I suppose I should write down what happened to get us here for future generations. To begin, at 3:24 PM PST 12/5/2055, a meteor hit the earth causing several events to occur. First the impact caused mild to extreme earthquakes and eruptions around the planet. Then the aftershocks caused tsunamis. Finally, by the end of it all, the ice caps melted, the equator became a frozen wasteland because of the volcanic ash, and 67% of the earth's land masses were underwater. However three things happened that made it so I was able to write this today. One we knew it was going to hit, we didn't know exactly when but we prepared, though many still died due to the magnitude of it all, at least 25% of all the earth's population (plants and animals included) survived. Two, while most of the land was submerged, a single island became much MUCH larger, just enough to support the life that's left on the planet till it returns to normal (and even if it doesn't we can last a long time). Three, and the most important part is that SOMEHOW, as if all life knew to go there, everything left alive (as far as we know) made it here and the ecosystems, even if more different than the past, are thriving and surviving. As for how we are doing as humans, we lost most of our technology, OH I forgot the few scientist survivors said we should write about how far in technology we had progressed before the disaster, put simply we only just 3 months ago made it to Mars (sadly it really was empty much to alien conspirators dismay heh...). Luckily we managed to save at least 3 printing presses and the holy books so at least we can still have religion and books while we wait for Mars... We have people from all over the world here so dieing out from not having diverse genes shouldn't be a problem for a long time thankfully. We have had to learn to live on this vast and wild island, it was hard for some but we managed. For the past week everyone has debated what to call our island-er our new home, eventually we agreed on one thing(though it only happened yesterday so yeah it took a long time) we decided on the name New Eden. We thought it was fitting as mankind began in the Garden of Eden (at least to some anyway) so that is where it shall begin again along with all other non aquatic species. Oh on a side note we managed to save some domesticated animals so at least we aren't starting from the bottom as hunters and gathers. Well that's all I got for the day. -Jason

Well there's the setting and essential plot(as in it is mostly an interact-able story that you help make) everyone now for teh rules
Rules:
No Gmodding your not mutated there is no radiation/cosmic rays and the genetic experiments only have animal or lightly altered traits(such as night vision, claws, sonar, etc.) no havily furred people
No bunnying
No cursing thank you unless its bleeped out
follow CI rules
you can be human or a human-like being like nekos and etc. though you have to be a rare species as they were created as genetic experiments(they weren't discriminated extremely though but many found them unsettling to those who have never met them before)
You can write in as many or as few words as you want just don't make it a two person chain of messages plz if only two people are on post a few then wait for more so people don't far too far behind thx

Form:
Spoiler:
Name:
Species:(remember humans are common, genetic experiments are rare so don't expect to find a lot of non rper characters of that kind)
Nationality Pre-Apoc:(where they are from or if they were born on the island (which means they are young))
Role:(Hunter, Farmer, Merchant, Explorer, Leader, priest/ess, etc.)
Equipment:(what they carry on them. you can't have more than 5 things unless they carry a back pack or are heavily built)
Bio:(not required)
My Character:
Spoiler:
Name: Jason
Species: Human
Nationality Pre-Apoc: American (he has many nationalities in his blood but he is mostly Italian in regards to his looks)
Appearance/pic: Black short semi-wavy hair, Brown eyes, wears a variety of shirts and always wears cargo shorts, has a small mustache growing in, is about 5ft. 6in.
Role: Explorer, Helper
Equipment: Baseball cap(only for hot sunny days in the plains like areas of the island), weaponized yo-yo (no return function but can still do tricks allowing him to confuse prey before launching a spiky yo-yo at their face.), regular yo-yo for boredom, game boy advance (an antique at this time but with no power only batteries are viable, and they saved ALOT of batteries), backpack with water and rations (mainly chicken and hot sauce)
Bio: after arriving at the island he vowed to go and help the people who came as well as attempt to help rebuild technology as he had learned a bit in programming before the meteor strike. His parents are alive and asked him not to go but he insisted and they relented. He loves to make friends and is very quirky and loves to make homemade things to help with survival like is weaponized yo-yo based off the Philippine yo-yo(he always was a fan of unconventional weapons). He knows basic Japanese and second year German. There are two main things he loves, spicy foods, and video-games. He also had a love-hate relationship with the internet, before it was destroyed when the satellites got struck, due to it helping him with games and homework and... for introducing him to the dark side of his psyche (which is the problem with going through the internet at random, you'll often find things you'll regret having seen).
Hello peoples I'm back again!
I previously went by the name ChimyChongChao