-The Thousand-Year Door RP- *IC Topic*

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Cupcakes are evil.

-The Thousand-Year Door RP- *IC Topic*

Post by Yukki »

Welcome.
This is the IC Topic of The Thousand-Year Door RP. Remember, you may not post here unless you are a registered user of the Roleplay, accepted by Molly or myself.

If you wish to look at the OOC Topic, Click here.

And so, here are the objectives of each and every character.

Kooplyn:
Spoiler:
Receive the map from the disguised Beldam in Rougeport.
Nadine:
Spoiler:
Meet Kooplyn after the Map is obtained in Rougeport.
Seefor:
Spoiler:
Meet Kooplyn and Nadine in Rougeport.
Polaris:
Spoiler:
After Hooktail attacked Petalburg, stand up and pledge to go slay the dragon once and for all beside Toadie Ni and Coloca, then immediately set out for Hooktail's Castle.
Sparky:
Spoiler:
Find Kooplyn, Nadine, and Seefor in Rougeport after meeting Prof. Frankly in Rougeport.
Om:
Spoiler:
Explore in the Shwonk Fortress and meet Zipster.
Spooks:
Spoiler:
Sense people nearby and meet Om and Zipster outside of Shwonk Fortress.
Toadie Ni:
Spoiler:
After Hooktail attacked Petalburg, stand up and pledge to go slay the dragon once and for all beside Polaris and Coloca, then immediately set out for Hooktail's Castle.
Zipster:
Spoiler:
Smell treasure near Shwonk Fortress and go there, meeting Om there.
Coloca:
Spoiler:
After Hooktail attacked Petalburg, stand up and pledge to go slay the dragon once and for all beside Toadie Ni and Polaris, then immediately set out for Hooktail's Castle.
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: -The Thousand-Year Door RP- *IC Topic*

Post by Yukki »

Kooplyn exited the doors of the Inn as she waved goodbye for the time being. Stepping outside, she was greeted by the greasy, muddy air of Rougeport. The streets were quiet today, as few citizens walked about, doing their daily work. Brushing away her red hair, she sighed.

"Well, time to go." She began to finally move her feet as she dragged them towards the South side of Rougeport.

What was today? It was anything she didn't expect to happen. Starting today, Kooplyn would begin a grand adventure, finding many new discoveries, meeting new friends, and starting a challenge that will decide the world's future as she knows it.

---------------------------

As she entered the gates for the South side of town, she walked down the brick path and onto the dock. She stared out towards the sea as the sun peeked over the waters toward the East, and slowly became brighter as it seemed to emerge from the many miles of water that filled the sea. It was a pretty sight.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Zippy hid in the cracks under the streets of Rougeport. He glanced up at the feet of those walking above him. The white little mouser let out a chuckle as he stuck his tiny paws up from the cracks, getting some passerby's to emit small shrieks and cries. He laughed, bringing his paws back down and finding other things to do. Food, perhaps, was his best choice at this point. He made his way through the sewer system from under the streets, sniffing around for anything to eat. As he was searching, though, something else caught his attention. It wasn't the smell of food, no, rather, something...

His eyes widened as he realized what scent his nose had caught. Treasure...! Zippy forgot all about his food hunt, and instead, went on a treasure hunt. He clambered up through the cracks of the streets, squeezing his way through, and running off towards the scent. He was awfully smelly, and dirty, considering he was just in a sewer system. he didn't seem to care though, as he was more interested in treasure than taking a bath.
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Spooks, who recently came out his goomba friend's house, was floating around a long distance away from the Shwonk Fortress. He was feeling a whole lot better now that he was alone and decided to take a small nap... but... "Huh?" He immediately opened his eyes and looked around. "HEY! IF ANYBODY IS TRYING TO PRANK ME YOU BETTER STOP IT!!" He yelled. He decided to keep floating.
kolpool
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by kolpool »

"Yaaaaaaaawn!" The young bob-omb got out of bed having stayed the night in the inn. "It's been 3 days without work...at this rate I'll have to go looking for blocks to pay rent..." he left the Inn and wandered around town for a bit, chating around and looking for work, to no avail however... He soon decided to spend the rest of the day watching the ships and headed south. It was there he noticed someone who was not usually there, a lady koopa he remembers seeing on occasion while he was out getting items. He didn't think much about it though and proced to take his usual seat at the end of the dock where he could see a tiny speck of an island in the distance with his telescope. He always wondered what it was but for now, with no ship or crew, there was no way of knowing what was there. A thought floated through his mind about whether or not he should return to the Fahr Outpost before he runs out of coins. He remembered however that the pipe there was currently being repaired due to ice so he couldn't go back anyway.
Hello peoples I'm back again!
I previously went by the name ChimyChongChao
MollyFairyOfWeather
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The road to success is always under construction.

Post by MollyFairyOfWeather »

Gusty. Smoggy. Cloudy. Yet sunny, and pristine.
Only one place in the Mushroom World fit that description at the current time; Rogueport.
Mysterious. Shady. Aquatic. Shy. Friendly.
Only one person in the Mushroom World fit that description at the current time; Nadine.

The aforementioned Shadow Siren woke up on this seemingly-average morning in the Rogueport Inn; she stretched her tail out and pulled a cloak around her body. Gliding down the stairs in a creepy manner she returned to Podley's Beanbean Bar and took a place at a stool. "I'll have a honey lemon mead please." she breathed. Podley briskly placed her requested drink on the counter and a gloved hand extended from Nadine's coat to take the drink. To sip it would require that she moved the cloak in a way that would reveal her identity; that would be bad. As Nadine placed the coins on the counter, she looked the bartender in the eye.
"Were I to double the payment on this drink, would you allow me to keep the cup and take this to go?" she asked softly.
"Ey, I gotta keep all m'cups. Th'bar always gets swamped in the even'n." Podley responded brusquely.
"..." Nadine looked downward, dejected. She wasn't really sure what to do with the drink. "May I take it upstairs, at least?"
"Fine. Bring th'cup back later."

As Nadine glided in the direction of the stairs, a drunken Goomba spitefully stuck his little stub of a foot in her path. Nadine glided effortlessly over it, and the Goomba shrieked.
"That girl's got some slimy feet! What is she?" A Koopa, drunken as was his companion, rudely yanked the cloak off of the girl. Nadine's mind immediately became a hurricane of panicked thoughts. The drunkards all yelled malicious insults and slurs at Nadine, recognizing her as a spawn of the Shadow Queen.
"I-I'm not like her! Leave me alone! Why do ya think I wanted to keep my identity a secret? Stop it, that's not nice!" she gasped. Water began to drip from her hands.
"Look at the little purple witch! She's wet herself!" a surly Pianta hissed.
"STOP IT!!" Nadine sunk into the ground and her silhouette darted out the bottom of the door; she was able to move while in the shadows like the other Sirens since she wasn't Shrouding anyone else with her. The only thing that left any indication of her presence was the honey lemon mead on the ground where she was.

Nadine resurfaced near the dock, in the little side area where the HP Drain badge was located. She didn't pay the badge any mind, rather she slumped over a box and let her tears fall.
ImageImage
I would like to thank ZipoCXG for the AWESOME 2013 Christmas gift art located here :3 http://i59.tinypic.com/2my8ept.png
kolpool
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by kolpool »

"Hmm???" The bob-omb started when he noticed a slight sobbing sound coming from the other side of a wall. He had heard that the docks had a 'ghost' lurking around that would be heard crying almost daily, but he just it was a rumor. Upon looking at the wall, he noticed that there was a crack he could perhaps look through to see the other side near the top. He thought for a bit, and when some of the sailors weren't looking, he pushed a box in front of the crack to see who was wailing. He saw a strange purple skinned lass leaning over a box sobbing like mad. He had not heard the stories of the Shadow Queen so he knew not of what species the girl was but he felt that leaving her back there might be bad, unfortunately he had no way to get over there short of getting thrown in prison for trying to blow up the wall. He didn't like the situation, so he tried to just sit down but he was visibly upset that he could not help in some way.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

In Rougeport, an orange Yoshi peeked out of the Pipe that lead to Petalburg. This Yoshi, Sparky, had volunteered to go to Rogueport to find more people who could help fight Hooktail. Now, however, he had second thoughts. As he jumped out, he thought about how these people would be risking their lives... But then he remembered that if no one fought the big, red Dragon, it would likely attack Petalburg once again. This would cost them even more lives. Sparky looked around and saw a small building up ahead. He walked over to the door and knocked. Even if this person couldn't help fight, maybe they knew someone who could. Or maybe not... There was only one way to find out.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Yukki »

Kooplyn had also noticed the sobbing, and saw a green bob-omb fiddling with something at the wall. She could have sworn she had met the bob-omb at the Inn, for she worked there. He's probably a customer.
---
"Hey, what's going on?" Kooplyn asked in her nicest and sweetest voice possible, wanting to find out where the crying was coming from.

--------------------------------

"Oh! Yes, yes.." A grizzly old goomba with spectacles was examining into a dusty old book he had found recently, and the entire thing was news to him. It was about a common legend going around the area, about the Seven Crystal Stars and the Thousand-Year Door.
"Well, this certainly answers a question I've had, but, erm.." He put on a puzzled expression at the phrase that needed much translation. "So this goes here and--"

His train of thought was broken by a knocking on the door.
"Erm? Er.. I wonder.." The professor abandoned his research and answered the door, and was greeted by an orange Yoshi, towering above the scrawny Professor Frankly. Ignoring the height difference, he began with, "Yes? What do you need?"
kolpool
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by kolpool »

Seefor heard the koopa lass and turned around. "I'm not sure but someone back there is having a really bad day...unfortunately I don't know how to get back there without being charged for destroying the wall..."
MollyFairyOfWeather
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Nadine looked up upon hearing two voices. She peered through the crack, and 'jumped' back with a screech when she saw a Bob-Omb and a Koopa looking back at her. "P-p-p-lease don't hurt me..." Nadine stuttered, shrinking back against the furthest wall.
ImageImage
I would like to thank ZipoCXG for the AWESOME 2013 Christmas gift art located here :3 http://i59.tinypic.com/2my8ept.png
kolpool
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by kolpool »

"Hurt you!? I would never hurt someone without due cause and you have definitely not done anything wrong! We were only trying to see what was wrong and try to help." He looked at the purple lass with a worried expression.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Sparky glanced down at the Professor and told him about Hooktail. "...So, you see, I've come down here to look for any brave volunteers. Not that I expect anyone to willingly go out to slay a Dragon... But, of course, something must be done about this issue. Do you know anyone who can help us out?"
What is my life anymore?
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Zippy continued on towards the location of the scent, eager to find his riches. "Heheh!" He chuckled, "I'm gonna be soooo rich! I'll be the star of the port after this!"

*SSSCCCRREEECCCCHHHHH*

The mouser heard a rather frightening voice, and attempted to stop running altogether, but he ended up skidding to a halt, and falling face flat onto the ground. He quickly jumped back onto his feet, "W-Who's out there??"
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Coloca stood in front of his house in Petalburg. He took a deep breath. He had a feeling today would be a good day. Maybe the residents of Petalburg wouldn't have to deal with that awful hooktail today. He was rather fed up with the dragon. Some people had left to go defeat it but none returned. That wouldn't stop him if he had to resort to it.

He walked away from his house and looked off into the distance towards hooktails castle. It was rather an eyesore compared to the rest of the land.

Coloca sighed and straightened his scarf around his neck. Maybe today would be different...maybe.
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Yukki »

Professor Frankly rose an eyebrow.
"Hooktail, eh? I reckon that's the dragon that lives off in Petal Meadows," The crusty old goomba furrowed his already stern eyebrows.

"Lad, I apologize, but I ain't got the ol' mucles I used to have. Now, I'll warn you; Hooktail isn't an easy foe. Many have gone off to slay er, but none have returned. If you plan to defeat Hooktail, I won't try an' stop you, but please be careful. Good day.." The professor proceeded to close the door, but something struck him. He stopped and looked back at the orange Yoshi.

"Hey, lad, before I see you go, can I have you come in here a moment?"

----------------

What's up with her? Kooplyn asked herself. She decided to come and calm her down. She looked around, seeing if she can get over the wall. Barrels and a couple of boxes would do nicely. She began by situating them to make stairs, easily climbable.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Sparky nodded in response. He then stepped inside and stared at the large amount of books in the room for a few moments before glancing back down at Professor Frankly. "What do you need to tell me?" the Yoshi asked him curiously. Sparky had a feeling that this Goomba may know something important.
What is my life anymore?
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Yukki »

"Er.." The frizzly old goomba waddled over to his desk that was covered in dust, books, papers, and the like. He scanned over the papers and books until he spotted what he needed.
"Aha, here we go!" He pulled out a dusty old paper, covered in old sketches and it looked like it resembled stars.

"Er, have you seen anything that resembles this?" He pulled out the star sketches and showed it to Sparky.
"They're known as Crystal Stars. Have you heard anything of them?"
MollyFairyOfWeather
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Nadine shook her head. "I saw you two at the inn last night, I'll bet you saw everything that just happened and followed me here, so you can trick me into coming out there so you all can start screaming at me and throwing more stuff." she stammered. Once again, water began to drip from her hands and to form a puddle on the ground.
ImageImage
kolpool
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by kolpool »

"Why would I scream or through things at you? I barely know you! But I do know one thing, I wish only to aid you with whatever is troubling you." he looked at her with a worried look. He indeed had seen her at the Inn but had not thought much of her then, but now he could see her problems far outweighed his need of employment or way home.
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Yukki »

"'Eere we go!" Kooplyn was already over the wall, and landed with a soft thump on the other side. She flinched at Nadine's appearance, but didn't question it. Everyone's different, right?
"I'm not gonna laugh or do anything.." Kooplyn began softly, trying to ignore the purple creature's appearance. She took a few steps closer, her eyes only focused on the crying citizen.
"It's okay!" She smiled sweetly, trying to cheer her up.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

"Actually, no. I have not heard of these 'Crystal Stars', I'm afraid..." Sparky replied. He was a little confused at first. However, these Crystal Stars did seem rather interesting. "But I wouldn't mind if you told me more about them," he added.
What is my life anymore?
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

Polaris floated out of his small home in Petalburg and floated out into town square. He looked around and noticed the townsfolk was all worried about the Hooktail. He saw flash of red pass him. He turned towards the red color that flashed him and saw a blue Pianta wearing a red scarf pass by him. "That Hooktail is a jerk. Why does he always come here and wreck havoc on us?" Polaris ranted to himself.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Coloca saw hook tail flying towards his castle.. He huffed and looked towards the western entrance to petalburg. "Supposedly the ruins west of the town can take you to hooktails castle.I'll go check it out..." the pianta said to himself before heading west to petal meadows.
MollyFairyOfWeather
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Nadine shivered. "No, it's not..." her whisper echoed in a slightly wavering voice. "It happened again..."
ImageImage