Chao Island Roleplay: Rebirth

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: Chao Island Roleplay: Rebirth

Post by ShadriaFan »

"..." Usagi held on, confused, but also excited. A dragon might be a good training partner or weapons dummy as he had such strong scales (most likely from being in a volcano, but she didn't know that.).
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
SonicBoom
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Mottoes are overrated

Post by SonicBoom »

"Ah... uhm, sure." Conrad hesitantly stood back up, watching the dragon warily with cautious optimism.
My out of site contact is here
Spoiler:
Hydro wrote:ESS BEE, STOP BEING A STUBBORN LITTLE CRACKMONKEY AND LOOK.
Affected by the Shrubby curse 7 times and counting.
Pastaa~Chao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Pastaa~Chao »

Hm... What was going on over there was rather peculiar but not exactly the worse case scenario. Certain that the ramcoon must have been tired of having her cooped up in his arms, the girl in viridian politely said, "Please excuse me," before carefully, leaping out of the ramcoon's arms and taking a quick scan of the area, one hand cupped above her eyes as she checked out how the dragon was doing. He seemed to be rescuing the girl with batwings and dyed hair. Even so, a little frown flitted across her face as she tried to find out whether he was helping the others too or not.

Now that she was in a proper position to, the child could see Skonia and Uni and wondered what they were doing as well. Nonetheless, they were safe and that was not exactly important. Looking to the outliers, she saw Conrad leaping on top of another rooftop, and Fenito packing up his chair, seeming more disturbed by Dleif than the gassing of policemen and perhaps the crowd. Finally, she found herself meeting the gaze of a redhead who obviously wanted to talk to her or the ramcoon or the whole lot. Carefully, with her remaining energy, she created a gently flowing water slide from the roof to the pavement before taking the ramcoon's paw and bringing him down the slide with her. The maiden collapsed on the ground, bruising her knees before inhaling sharply and greeting the redhead with a tired smile.

"Hello. Did you need us for anything?"
Chao Island Roleplay: Rebirth: "I speak with the tones of shadowed viridian (#00BF8F)..."
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

Dleif put Conrad on his back with the others. Skonia look around awkwardly as he seemed to be taller than everyone still. He avoided interaction for he was afraid of scaring them, they both looked young... "Hiii friends!" Uni squeaked, hugging both Usagi and Conrad, completely in some kind of awe over them. She's never really seen other people before, but has only been taught to be really nice to them. Dleif look around at the panicked people, unsure what to do to help at this point. All he did was try to form up a quick thought to maybe calm people down.
Last edited by Pumpkinium on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
help me
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by ShadriaFan »

Usagi froze at the sudden hug. "u..Um...hi?"
SonicBoom
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SonicBoom »

Con rad stared, then tried to lightly push Uni away. "Can you... please not touch me?" He looked away, uncomfortable now.
Spoiler:
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by ShadriaFan »

Usagi found that amusing and started to lightly poke Conrad. "Poke..."
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

"Aaah..." She backed up and looked slightly sadder suddenly. "S-sorry..." Skonia glanced over to them. "I apologize for her... She likes being really nice and has never really... Interacted with other people before." His voice seemed rather unfitting for his appearance, sounding soft and warm. "We're still friends though, right?" She tilted her head, sadness already seemed to be gone and being more eager to hear the answer.
help me
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

Ah, good. She was coming down to Nietona... as she formed a water slide, out of instinct Nietona flinched slightly. Naturally it was nothing, though, and they both slid down it. As Pastaa stood opposite the girl, she immediately looked down at her "friend". Was that... a Ramcoon? Eyeing the Ramcoon-look-alike, Nietona stepped around Pastaa so that Pastaa was between her and the Ramcoon-look-alike, untrusting and not wanting to risk anything. "Who're you?" So she'd been following her to ask her her name? With the hostility in the question, Nietona may have had an ulterior motive.

"And... what's even going on? Why is there a dragon of all things here?" Nietona was a tad frantic because she was on-guard against possible Ramcoon attack. Because of that, she whispered the next question. "And why are you trusting... what appears to be a Ramcoon?" They'd killed so many! Who would trust one?

Nietona was uncertaiiiiin.
Last edited by Flame on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

Fenito noted that the most convenient exit was near the dragon, and sighed heavily. He picked up his coffin and slung it onto his back. He decided to try and not bring attention to himself while he walked around the massive being and the attention it brought.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
SonicBoom
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SonicBoom »

Conrad shifted and tried to block the poking. "I... guess so?" He refocused on the poking after replying to Uni. "Okay, you can stop now..."
Spoiler:
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

(Trierts not full tall Ramcoon, he just has the ears, horns, and tail.)

The Mammalian had greeted everyone. "My names Triert everyone, if any of you were paying attention you'd see that The Hood down there sent in jeeps to catch the police off guard after Viridian here managed to stop the protest from escalating. It won't be long now before The Self Defense Forces arrive to settle down the rioting taking place on the streets." Triert told them as he oversaw a swarm of tanks starting to backup behind the police.
Pastaa~Chao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Pastaa~Chao »

Quickly, the water slide evaporated into harmless air as soon as the ramcoon and the child landed. Blinking as the redhead realigned herself so that the young maiden could rest between the two, she wondered why the other girl was so hostile. Regardless, she was not immediately going to be hostile because as intimidating as Nietona was, she trusted her. The redhead was much more trustworthy than those pesky rioteers, at the very least. The girl in viridian shook her head. "I don't know," she replied, blood rushing to her face in slight discomfort as she strained to recollect any bit of memory she had of her past. Groaning, she found only knowledge for basic life preservation. It seemed that the words "I don't know" applied to most of her life. Looking down, she responded to the next few questions.

"For your information, a bunch of idiots got their undies in a bunch and are terrorizing the whole city, but I don't have to tell you this. I'm not quite sure, to be honest, why the dragon is here, but I did ask him to help the others. It seems that everyone, aside from the police-" The girl winced. "can take care of themselves. So who are you? When Nietona asked her about the Ramcoon, she tapped her chin. "Well, to be honest, I didn't even know he was one until now. I don't remember finding out anything shady about them at all, especially this one. It seems he has a good heart though, even if he did technically capture me."

She laughed, albeit awkwardly, when trying to lighten the mood.

When Triert introduced himself, the child bowed politely and thanked him, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Triert. I'm... well, as I said before... I don't really have a name. Thanks for rescuing me, but there's no need to go so far."
Chao Island Roleplay: Rebirth: "I speak with the tones of shadowed viridian (#00BF8F)..."
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"Magic doesn't last forever, especially since you would have had to have kept up that mist against a reasonably aggressive group." Triert told The Viridian Girl as The Rioteers began throwing molotav cocktails at the tanks. "Okay, thing's are going to go to hell again right about-" He said right before a tank could be heard firing into the crowd.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

Dleif was knocked out of his thinking by the sound of the tank shot. He realized now is the time to probably leave... Until he noticed the girl that called him for help again, along with the other two with her. He took flight over and in-between buildings and grabbed all 3 of them off the ground. "Time to leave..." He focused in case one of the tanks tried to fire at him, and flew until he could find a safe, quiet place to land.
help me
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Flame »

Nietona sighed. She didn't... she didn't know her name. Nietona looked at her blushing face, embarrassed as she couldn't remember her own name, of all basic things. "Your name is Pastaa. Pastaa... Ciphion, I believe." The girl folded her arms as she heard the rest of Pastaa's explanation. "I think it's a matter of race-based discrimination, or some injustice like that. Violence against violence is never the answer. You should allow the cultures to mix and become close to each other. Peace begets peace, even if you do have to speak up for it."

"You asked the dragon, huh? Well, looks like it wasn't a "torch first, ask questions later" dragon, so you're probably good." Nietona shrugged. As for the Ramcoon-look-alike... "Yeah, you'd hope so." She trusted him as far as she could thrown him. Since he'd saved Pastaa, and wasn't ALL Ramcoon-like, she let her guard down... but only a bit, because she'd have to be crazy to just accept him like that. She didn't want to be pulling teeth out of her ass later, after all. That'd be just the worst. Let alone if it was a Ramcoon with Phoenix-feathers so that it regenerated...

And then he introduced himself? Well, then. "I'm Nietona. I'm just a girl that's been trained pretty well with a gun." Better safe than sorry, right? In regards to the tanks and whatnot...

"Well, going back there now would be idiotic. Hope you didn't accidentally drop your wallets or something."
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

Fenito began to panic-laugh when he heard the gunshot, and then he began sprinting for his life. "Okay, okay, okay, okay, OKAY!"
Hydro
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Hydro »

Matteus became awkward when he saw the girl point a him after pleading to the magic sky monster as chaos broke loose. Even though Matteus didn't know exactly what the gas that was being thrown everywhere did, he knew not to inhale it and to stay away from it. He quickly took in his immediate surroundings to find the quickest way out of the crowd and away from the gas. He didn't see and easy way to wade through the crowd, so he looked for more unconventional or secluded ways to escape. The first thing he noticed was the snugly back of the dragon which he dismissed for now since he didn't want to deal with the hugging and cuddling going on up there. The second thing he notice were the rooftops, not very original, but it worked. He summoned up an ice spike below himself and vaulted off of it to land awkwardly on the roof before collapsing his weight combined with the force generated from falling. He groaned before getting up and looking around for where to go now. He saw the dragon start to take off as he recovered, and he tried to look for someplace to go. Matteus gave up on make a plan because he needed to get out of here before he was blown to pieces. He across the roof tops on the simplest path that took him away from the tanks and destruction.
Pastaa~Chao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Pastaa~Chao »

The child sighed at Triert's words, knowing he was totally and completely right. She would have died trying to keep it up and she might die if she didn't resist the desire to go back and try and fix things herself even though she had absolutely no power to do so. As she heard a tank fire into the crowd, she flinched and murmured morosely, "You are right, completely right... Let's get out of here."

The girl in viridian stared at Nietona in disbelief as she explained what her missing name was. She could hardly believe it -- Pastaa? Really? That was a horrendous name to give your own child, she thought! Even so, it didn't really matter because at least she got a surname too, despite it being equally as ridiculous. "That's a strange name... Hey, how did you know that? Did you know me before my amnesia or something?" Immediately, bone-chilling suspicion soaked her entire being as she tried to mask her feelings of trepidation and exhaustion and uncomfortableness. Unfortunately, her attempt failed. However, when Nietona gave her two cents about the protest, she nodded, uneasy yet truly believing in Nietona because she seemed to be a nice person, no matter how apprehensive she was.

It seemed that Nietona had not a fondness for neither dragons nor ramcoons, but mainly ramcoons. Pastaa assumed the reason was fairly plausible judging by her genuine but subtle responses of hostility, despite hoping that it wouldn't last for long. Even she seemed to be a cause of the redhead's discomfort, which ended up making Pastaa feel just as awkwardly. Though if she had it her way, she would try and help Nietona by reassuring her with words and what she conceived to be soothing physical trust, but that just wasn't possible... As she shuffled awkwardly on her two feet when waiting for everyone to go, she looked to the dragon and everyone else. They all seemed prepared to leave (except maybe Jimmy) and she was more than happy to leave alongside them.

Trying not to cry or feel bad about the horrible circumstances, the maiden moved on, staying at Nietona's side out of curiosity and a bit of wariness, not looking behind or thinking about her overall screwed up memory.

"Of course not!" Pastaa replied to Nietona's last statement. "So, assuming everyone else is going in the direction we're going, what do we do next?"
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

At that moment, an elf had caught up to them within time to overhear their discussion. "Catch that Hooded Figure, not only did he kill the riot police and protestors, he's ruined the image of the Insolence movement." She told them, a brown caped, blue haired, pointy eared elf. "My name is Farrah Way, what you've all seen before you is what The Crown of Arcadia has spent months trying to actively prevent. I'm a Sorceress, charged with hunting down what we call 'Hood', he's sparked riots in major cities all across Arcadia. The Crown is afraid that the riots here will increase Anti-Aven sentiments within Teuthis, a major power and influence across the rest of the islands." Farrah told them as she looked at Dleif.

"Oh, and having you showed up only made matters worse I'll have you know. Humans aren't used to seeing dragons, especially since most retreated beyond the clouds. But, I suppose we do need to find a place to escape the mess down there." Farrah told the dragon.

Triert had noticed that Nientona giving him the stink eye. "Can I help you?" Triert, with a tone sharp enough to split a hair halfway told her. He gave a sniff and faintly smelled a scent very tasty to him. "Anyone else hungry for chicken all of a sudden?" Triert said as he peered across the building to a local fast food chicken restaurant, which was promptly set on fire.
Hydro
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Hydro »

Matteus started panting when he stopped running after traveling a distance he deemed safe. He crawled into a patch of shade to think and recover. Trying to find that dragon would probably be his best bet, and finding a dragon can't be that hard considering the size. Matteus fished through his bag of fruit for something to eat since he doubted he would get a chance to sell many of them now. Matteus looked from his spot in the shade for a way off these roof tops, but he did not have a good vantage point for scouting from where he was sitting, and he had no desire to get up. Maybe he should seek out that girl who chastised the riot police and the protester. Even if her decision was questionable in regards to personal safety, she seems to genuinely care for the well being of others, and the least he could do is to check to see if she is safe to return the consideration. Matteus closed his bag with an apple in hand and got up. He decided to search for one of the two, but he first needed a way to get down from the roof tops without hurting himself.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

Fenito hid behind a rock to catch his breath, and he began to rummage through his coffin for something to drink. He kept various supplies and necessities in his coffin, in addition to the products he sells to people. In a way, his coffin was like his home.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Post by Pentagrami »

In the second everything started going down the young traveler reacted, he knew he wasn't much help in this kind of situation so instead of doing something useful he simply decided to run. He touched his knees, after which his legs began glowing a strong white light that shone through his clothes, forming unmistakable arrow shapes, 4 on each leg, running from his thigh to his feet and pointing down. Two of the same signs began glowing from under his jacket, one on each arm pointing to his hands. These markings seemed to provide him with strength far surpassing his body mass's limits for he was able to push away the crowd with ease, then he took a jump and landed right next to his bag, which was a few yards away from the whole mess. The light on his arms went off along with the lowermost arrow on his leg as he touched the backpack, which shone brightly for a second before he strapped it on and made a run for it, moving way faster than what's common for a human boy his size and weight.

The agitated youth finally found a deserted alley, far away from the Light District where he stopped to catch his breath. The remaining sigils on his legs gave out and disappeared as he dropped his bag and sat down next to it on the ground. He hadn't had a proper meal in days and he was hoping he could get one, but the possibility seemed so far away from reality he gave up and produced a soft chocolate bar from his backpack. As he ate the candy he pondered the whole situation. What was really going on down there? Who were the bad guys? Had he done the right thing running away like that? Who was that girl and how did she disappear so suddenly? Had someone snatched her? The questions plagues his mind coercing him to let out a deep sigh.

He stood right back up, once again taking his backpack. He was fixed on finding someone he could ask the questions he wanted answered, perhaps any local would know. The street he picked to hide seemed deserted, most of it's inhabitants probably were at the Light District, witnessing the horror going down. He began to wander, hoping to soon find someone.
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

Dleif landed in some open land and let everyone down. "I apologize for any disturbance I have caused, I understand the dragons usually remain hidden, but, Uni here wanted to leave the reef, and this ladies call grabbed my attention quite a bit..." Dleif explained, glancing at Pastaa. Uni gasped and stared in awe at the others that were not on Dleif's back. "Are you all friends too!? There are so many people..." Before she could run and hug more people to the point of uncomfortableness, Skonia pushed down the pumpkin on her head so it covered her eyes, to keep her still. "Don't you think we should start with introductions instead of hugging everything you see?" He pulled the pumpkin back up and smiled at her. "My name is Skonia, and I'm the last thing you want to deal with if something dares touch Uni or Dleif..." He said, his voice slowly creeping back to being the dark, deep, and somewhat raspy, yet still smooth in a sense, voice, that Uni seems to be more happier to hear. "You have nothing to worry about, though, if you mean no harm. Anyways, this is Uni, and she's... Been living in seclusion with me in the Rotting Reef... She hasn't seen any people before until now." He smiled, patting the pumpkin on her head.
help me
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Flame »

Listening to Pastaa request how she knew... Nietona realised she didn't really "know" at all. It was a rough guess. On that grounds alone, there wasn't much point in telling her. She didn't want to say anyway, as it'd vilify Pastaa, something which she didn't need to do at all! She wasn't that harsh. "I'm not going to tell you. I can't tell you. I can tell you that I didn't know you before your amnesia." She looked down at the girl, thinking that this wasn't going to end here. Oh well, that's the way it goes, she supposed~.

Nietona caught Triert's voice and promptly returned to giving him the aforementioned eye of stink. You were going in the bin, you stinky little stinkpot. "What are you?" She asked. A Ramcoon would have tried to eat them by now, or something. She thought so, anyway. As for Farrah... Nietona didn't know why she should be bothered by the political state. As long as the Ramcoons were out, she was safe wherever, so it wasn't a big thing to her. It'd prove more useful than sitting around, though, so she'd probably go through with it anyway.

Oh, God. What was that? "Was that an attempt to be scary?" She asked Skonia. "That was cringey as hell! You need to try for less intimidation. Too much of anything is a bad thing." Nietona advised. The last thing you want to deal with... that had been the worst line she'd heard all day. "Still, sheltered, huh? Good luck in the world. You'll make it." It shouldn't take long for her to adjust.

Well, what an odd turn of events.