Stories of Arcadia: On the Run (Closed Roleplay)

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Stories of Arcadia: On the Run (Closed Roleplay)

Post by Triert »

Trierts breathing turned silent as he went down on one knee and focused on the buildings. With a massive burst from his calves, he burst onto the side of a building as he followed through with doing so long enough for him to reach the others jumping from the rooftop. To which he took to jumping from roof to another roof.

Farrah had practically flown while carrying herself through the air with wind, and even balanced along the power cords through the buildings to catch up with the others when needed. Search lights patrolled the city as Farrah and Triert alerted the others, Triert by giving out a screech when a search light had been ready to collide with them, Farrah throwing burning flares so the helicopters would overlook it but everyone else could manage to see.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Phemy had made sure to keep her focus, so that she wouldn't be startled by Triert's screeches. Hm, they're smarter than I thought. She, Mei Xi, and Sumati made sure to move around the searchlights, making sure they weren't caught.

When she arrived on the last roof, Phemy skidded to a halt with Mei Xi and Sumati stopping a couple of feet behind her. Once she had her bearings, Phemy began surveying the area around the piers from her spot on the roof. It looks completely empty, surprisingly. Still, something seems off here...Why aren't there any forces blocking the ticket booths and boats? They wouldn't want to risk Triert and Farrah getting off the island. Considering they were watching the rooftops, I highly doubt they would leave this blaring detail unnoticed. Mmmm... She grunted, uneasy about going down there.

"What's up?" Mei Xi asked.

"Something's not right... Even so, we can't stop now, especially since we came so far." She answered as she turned to everyone else, "We're all going to have to walk in a somewhat specific formation if we want to make sure the ticket seller doesn't notice you two. Triert, put on your hood. Farrah, I want you to walk behind Mei Xi. No one should be able to see you behind her, due to how much larger she is than you. Normally I would ask you to put your hood on, but the design on your hood makes it too easy to guess your identity. Mei Xi, Sumati, I want you two in the front with me. This may not work, but it's the best we have. Lastly, I need to know your destination so that way I can tell them when buying your tickets."
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Triert put his hood up as asked, Farrah stuck to Mei Xi's back and matched her foot steps as well. She had her ears stuffed under her hair to hide them and reduce suspicion.

"The Burning Enclave, that's the only ship we can take to find a Thaumer Refuge." Farrah told Phemy." Farrah instructed as she stayed still as Triert could be seen shaking.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Phemy had noticed Triert's unrest, but had no idea what she could say to him to soothe him. She had always seen herself as a person that is bad at comforting others. However, unlike Phemy, Sumati wasn't afraid to try.

"What ails you?" Sumati asked in a very concerned tone, "Is it the fear of being caught?"
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"I always seem to shake like this before something awful is ready to happen. I never get to find out what it is until I'm running for my life." Triert said as he raised his head lowered.

"Triert, look back. Those helicopters, the tanks, they're not just out for me, they're out for you too. Turning around here isn't an option anymore, and handing ourselves over would be putting us at their mercy. People go missing when they're apprehended by their security forces, and all I'm saying here is that her security force seems to be able to field more tanks here than Teuthis ever could." Farrah said from behind Mei Xi. Triert had turned his head forward as he looked back to see a search light heading towards them.

"It's like monkey bars, you have to let go at some point to keep moving forward." Triert said as he gave a screech towards the rest of them and hid under the roof of a dock building.
Last edited by Triert on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"Hmm." Sumati hummed, not liking the possibility of Triert's shivers being right.

Phemy, Mei Xi, and Sumati jumped down from the rooftop and walked around to the piers. Once everyone regrouped, they all walked up to the ticket booth in the formation Phemy planned. Phemy's stomach twisted inside of her in response to her increasing nervousness.

"Hello, I would like two tickets to the Burning Enclave, for my friend and I." She told the person standing at the ticket booth in a quiet voice while gesturing to Sumati as the friend the second ticket was for.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"How about three refunds and five free trips to the Moord Nag Penitentiary instead?" A woman's voice said as she leaned over to reveal herself. "Irene Baal, Heiress of Baal Corp, and the lot of you aren't going to see the light of day for a very long time, NOW!!!" Irene shouted Ragnarok Security Forces leapt from the water and onto the dock, tanks busted out from the wooden buildings. Two even butted the sides of Trierts head to knock him unconscious as he was taken from the group. Farrah attempted to throw a spell at them before having a gun pointed in front of her. Irene herself had taken out a set of blades for both hands as she jumped from the ticket booth and onto the edge of the pier. "Don't even think about making a move, or they'll start shooting!" Irene shouted as she pointed her blade at them.

Farrah had analyzed her surroundings, Triert was taken by Ragnarok and held just out of reach for them, tanks and guns from behind them and in front. Were they trapped, or had Irene made a horrendous error? "You'll know better than to mess with a Thaumaturgist!" Farrah said as she raised a stone in the air as a storm had arrived to them, and the violent crash of waves, towering over the docks as they tore through the pier behind the group. An agent raised his gun to fire at them but was fried by a bolt of lightning, Irene jumped about to avoid the elements coming after her and her forces to confront the group directly.

"Any other tricks you want to share?" She said preparing her blades.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I KNEW there was something off! Phemy was observing both the amount and types of forces Irene employed around them, as well as keeping an eye on Triert's location. Mei Xi got into a Tiger style stance while Sumati readied her mind for combat.

"No 'tricks', just raw power." Mei Xi responded right before launching her clawed hand at the nearest person.

Sumati lifted one of the tanks with her mind and dropped them on some of her men, crushing them.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Farrah had been at command of the elements still as she dropped lightning on enemy after enemy. After frying one, she noticed Triert being carried by the other as he was loaded onto a van. Farrah ran towards it as she thought of a desperate attack against it. "If I can command it...I can manipulate it." Farrah craftily said as she allowed a bolt of lightning to strike her, only for her to catch the bolt itself. Her sight set, she threw it like a spear towards the vans wheels to send it tumbling.

Farrah turned around to see Irene, leap towards the group with her swords ready to slash at them at close quarters. "Not so fast!" Farrah shouted firing another bolt at Irene, Irene raised a sword and had the bolt absorbed into one of the swords. "You'll be surprised of what the Ores in Arcadia are capable of!" Irene proclaimed as she pointed the charged sword at Mei Xi and fired the bolt.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Sumati put a shield around Mei Xi before the bolt could touch her. Phemy took this opportunity to whack Irene with her morning star.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Irene had her swords parry together against Blasphemys strike against her blades, the collision sent her backwards digging her heel into the wooden planks of the dock as she held her guard from the blow. "The reports of the Teuthian Smasher were true, if these swords were made of anything less than Adamantium I would have died." Irene said as she threw a flare on the dock. "Now!!!" Irene shouted as artillery fired upon the flares location.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Sumati managed to shield Phemy and Mei Xi, but Farrah was too far out of reach due to going after Triert. Mei Xi growled angrily and impatiently, hating the artillery impeding her onslaught.

"Farrah, watch out!" Sumati called out to her.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Farrah heard the firing and ran from cover to cover, she looked inside of her satchel in hopes of finding another rune to use. "Damn it all, the Thaumers will never forgive me for using one right after another." Farrah said as the shelling continued, even annihilating a shack in front of her.

"Careful, we can't afford to lose that Hybrid!" Irene shouted as she noticed Farrah making a mad dash for Triert. "I'll deal with her myself!" Irene shouted as she leaped atop Sumati's shield and pounced her way towards Farrah.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

This is heavily impeding us and I can't keep this up forever... Sumati looked around at the heavy fire while thinking. It's risky, but it will have to do! Fire surrounded Sumati's hands as she prepared herself to run. Quickly, she ran out of her shield and blasted a large area around her with a large ring of fire. Hopefully the artillery will stop.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"The Omni Sage overheated our cannons!" A Ragnarok agent said over Irene's intercom as she shielded herself from the flames with her swords. She in front of Farrah as she lunged her sword at her, Farrah gave a quick swipe of arcane magic and deflected her swords strike. Irene stepped back after Farrah had done this, wondering how her sword could have been deflected.

"What kind of magic is that?" Irene asked Farrah as she held her arms raised in the air.

"Arcane, magic in it's purest form. Your sword is strong, but it's only a fancy metal!" Farrah said as Irene grew agitated at her, she raised her sword in the air and went for a front chop with both before they were held in the air by one of Farrah's hand augmented with Arcane energies. With her free hand, she had a ball of shredding winds forming, and with one last action, the ball sent Irene flying towards the ruined shack her own agents blew up with artillery as well as disarm her. Farrah took Irene's swords and put Triert over her shoulder as she ran back to the others.

"I know this is a long shot, but we need to take Irene's artillery ship and get out of here!" Farrah told them as small boats filled with agents were making their way towards the pier. "Hold on, this should be easy...well it would be if using that Arcane magic didn't exhaust me." Farrah said as she fell to one knee as Triert and Irene's swords fell on the floor.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

After damaging the cannons, Sumati let her shield down. Mei Xi flashed a wicked smile, excited that she could continue fighting. She ran at the agents and sent one of them flying with a punch to the face. Phemy slammed her morning star on the ground, sending out a shockwave that sent more agents flying backwards, some into the water.

Mei Xi and Phemy nodded at Farrah's comment.

"Stay close to us and you should be fine." Phemy told her, "Sumati, Mei Xi, we're going to make a wall of defense for Farrah while making a run for that ship. Are you ready?"

"Ready!" Mei Xi and Sumati exclaimed in unison.

"Then let's move!"

Phemy ran for the ship, knocking soldiers out of her way with morning star. Sumati looked behind her every once in a while and used her fire to keep the agents chasing them at bay. Mei Xi held watch over Farrah to make sure she was unharmed.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Farrah boarded the warship and placed Triert gently against a wall as she entered the bridge of the place. "Good, Baal Corporations keeps these the same for all of their ships." She said as she entered the room to find a few agents with their hands help up in the air.

"Please, it's our first day here! We thought we would just be on patrol over the waters from here to the Reef!" One of the agents said as he had his arms held high.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Mei Xi and Phemy had followed Farrah into the bridge.

"I say we kill them, they're still going to be working for the brat either way." Mei Xi snarled.

"No." Phemy responded, "There is no point in senselessly killing them when they are visibly surrendering. If they really wanted to attack us, they would have done so by now." She crossed her arms and started tapping her fingers against one of them, "Actually, if no one knows how to drive this ship, perhaps we should keep them so they can get us out of here..." she muttered, thinking.

"Hmph, so long as they don't get in our way later." Mei Xi said reluctantly, wanting to kill them instead.

Sumati was tending to Triert, making sure his condition remained stable. Her hands were glowing a light blue as she gingerly placed them on the sides of his head, healing it.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"Please, we'll comply! Just tell us where you want us to go!" One of the crew said as Farrah thought where the safest route would be.

"Get us to the Rotting Reef yesterday!!!" Farrah ordered as the ship began to turn and hurried towards the scattered islands.

"Listen everyone, if you know anything about what some refer to as "Death Island" then you'll know that we're in for a tough shortcut. It's not too far off from Teuthis, and there's a Thaumaturgist presence hidden there. I'll use my connections and hopefully find us a way out of there, but if Irene is tracking her ship like I know she is, she'll also know where we're going." Farrah told the group. "Which is why we'll be hiding among The Pavo Avens, they're friendly towards many races and won't be against helping us out."
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Phemy's face turned pale at the idea of going to the Rotting Reef, having heard horrible stories about the wildlife there. To calm herself down, she decided to go check on Sumati and Triert. Mei Xi seemed indifferent to the announcement and decided to use this time to explore the large ship. I wonder if they have any bedrooms here... There should be some considering how rich she is.

"Sumati, how is he?" Phemy asked.

"Stable, but unconscious. I will need to keep an eye on him until he wakes up."

"It's good to know that he's alive."

"Yes, but who knows how happy he will be to continue trusting Farrah and the rest of us after this."

Phemy looked a bit sad and sighed, "True...we said that we would protect him, but we failed."

"Hmm."

The two of them fell silent as Phemy took a seat next to Sumati.
Last edited by Blasphemy on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"They're burning the homes, we have to go back and save him!" A voice called out as a faint sight had Triert see a jungle ablaze as grey blurs of fur scampered about. "I promised I would protect him after he was lost, I'm not going back on my promise!" A female voice said as Triert crawled around on the ground, himself set on fire but oddly not suffering from burns.

"W̴̡̨ai҉͘t̀͝,̸ ͢ţ͠͠h̷̛͝e͟͡rè͝'̵̢̀s̶̀ ͟a͝ ̧c̛̀͜hi͡҉l̛̛d ͜ḩ͞eŗ̡͡e͏̕!̨͡" An incomprehensible voice said as Triert grew visibly scared and tried to run away, but found his own leg under a tree. "Help, mom, help!!!" He had yelled out as a tall figure approached him.

Triert's eyes were wide open as he had woken up once more as he looked around and found himself awake on the ship. "You look tired, here have some stew." A man with a tan from a gentle sun and blonde hair with the tone of egg yolk told him as he was handed a bowl of stew by him. "Thank's, but where am I?" Triert had asked the man who dressed in a blazer, green like a forest.

"This is a Baal Warship, with the trouble all of you went through to get on here, and the direction we're going, the last thing any of you plan to use on this thing are it's guns." He told Triert as he sat down and ate some stew he had.

"Yeah, turn's out I'm part of a myth, and I'm meant for...something." Triert said with a distracted look on his face.

"Something? What, you're supposed to be some kind of big hero?" The man asked him as he ate his stew.

"The myth wasn't clear, and it might be based on coincidences, if it is true, it sure isn't straightforward either. I met with an elf and she's making sure I get to Aristotle in one piece, the alternative was being at the mercy of a woman with swords as cut throat as her demeanor. So while both want to give me shelter, one of them came down with all the subtlety of a warship, and that's no exaggeration." Triert told the man he bonded over food with.

"The name's Harold, I'm not supposed to be here either. I'm a stowaway because a friend here owed me a favor." Harold told Triert.

"Triert, and this ship beats stealing potatoes from a supermarket." Triert said taking a giant slurp from his meal.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"Oh yes, completely leave out the three ladies that busted their asses and lost their home for you, why don't ya?" Mei Xi said from behind them with a frown, her hands on her hips, "Well, it looks like your awake. Sumati, Phemy, and Farrah will be happy to know that you're okay." She looked at the gentleman sitting next to Triert, "Who the hell are you? Another agent?"

Phemy was sleeping in one of the bedrooms. As usual, her sleep was restless. Sumati was comfortably meditating on the floor next to her.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"Well, you sure are chosen! I know I'd give up anything to drop everything and run around with a team of women." Harold said looking at Mei Xi. "Harold, Harold Cephalo, you're homeless I hear, how does a nice condominium on The Chromatic Haven with the finest spirits money can get us sound?" Harold told Mei Xi as he offered her a golden key on his palm.

"Sorry, I'm still recollecting my thoughts here after getting butted in the head." Triert responded to Mei Xi as he noticed Harolds advances. "Wow, I sure know I'd like an offer like that." Triert said as Harold turned back to him. "I wouldn't poke that tiger if I were you..." Triert said as Harold lifted his chin up.

"Please, there's nothing in this world I can't handle." Harold said with the key still in his palm.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"As nice as that sounds, I have no interest in running off with a person I have just met, much less because they're rich." Mei Xi said as she waved Harold away, "Plus, if you can't even hold your own against me in a fight, then I REALLY have no interest in you."
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Harold examined Mei Xi and noticed her demon horns, with a smile he gave he went back to his meal. "Hold my own? Sound's like a fair challenge if it means I get closer to you."

"Well she's a demon, I think you're really trying to shoot for the moon here. No offense, but I think if she stared hard enough at your back that it could snap it." Farrah chimed in coming in from the bridge as she saw Triert awake. "Good, you came back from that nasty rifle butting." Farrah told him.

"Rifle, Butting?" Harold said as he wondered the nature of such an event.

"Well, he was hit in the head with the butt of a rifle, I've studied human language long enough I'll have you know." Farrah told Harold as she noticed him at the brink of breaking into laughter. "What, don't all humans use butt to describe an attack? I mean, I did some additional research to learn just how strong of a muscle the butt itself is and I must say, it's impressive but not nearly as light and freely moving as say an Avian's own lower body." Farrah said as she jumped over the lot of them to the other side, and once more to the top of a sonar tower at the top of the ship. With one final flip as she returned in front of the group.

"Nice flying Ave!" Triert lauded from the floor.

"Thanks, now since Phemy and Sumati retired to their rooms for now I think it's only right to let you all know what to expect. One, The Rotting Reef is a horrible place that is nigh uninhabitable save for a few scattered islands inhabited by an indigenous tribe of very sociable Avens known as The Pavo. They have beautiful dances but never accept a dance from them. Just trust me on that." Farrah said as a thick fog formed amongst the air. "Yeah, we're definitely getting close."
Last edited by Triert on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.