Stories of Arcadia: On the Run (Closed Roleplay)

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Stories of Arcadia: On the Run (Closed Roleplay)

Post by Blasphemy »

Mei Xi smirked at Harold, "Oh, you accept?" This should be fun and good for a laugh.

She frowned at Farrah when she warned Harold about fighting a demon, "Hey, quit ruining my fun!"

She was seemingly unimpressed with Farrah's gymnastic show, already well aware of the acrobatic capabilities of elves. She cracked the skulls of a few with her fists, after all.

"Dancing, huh? This'll be interesting. I guess I better go wake Phemy and Sumati up and tell them the news. See you in a bit." She told them as she was walking off, lackadaisically waving her hand at the others.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"I should remind the demon that someday I plan to hold my own against her, perhaps with some assistance from a personal trainer too." Harold said as he turned to Triert.

"So, am I in?" He had asked Triert.

"Well, you don't really seem to offer much." Triert said while taking a good look at him.

"I got a card with no roof in my wallet." Harold said as Farrah's ears perked up.

"You have unlimited funds but you had to stowaway on a warship?" Farrah had asked him.

"I might be in some trouble in Teuthis where you can't use a card to save you." Harold told her as he looked out at the murky waters.

"Whatever it is, you can be of some use I suppose outside of Teuthis, which none of us plan to revisit anytime soon." Farrah said as she turned to the murky waters to see a giant creature swim past them. "Yeah, we're here already." Farrah said as she went into the bridge.
---
Meanwhile, Irene had been sitting next to her mother across the table from her father as they had dinner. "Daughter, as much faith in you I have that you can succeed at apprehending The Hybrid, I also fall under the idea that two heads are better than one. You will be en route to The Rotting Reef, our radar is picking up our lost warship around the area. Now, you will be going with our best Ragnarok field agent to assist you in capturing him." He said as the agent in question walked into the room to have dinner with them, his mask covering all but his mouth for him to eat.

"I'll make you proud dad, and make sure history changes for our family name!" Irene proclaimed under her breath as she saw the agent eat next to her father.

"Irene, did you forget me already?" The agent asked as he pulled down his mask to reveal his face.

"It's...you!" She claimed as her cheeks began to faintly blush at the sight of him.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Mei Xi woke up Phemy and explained to both her and Sumati what to expect of Rotting Reef.

Phemy grunted wile rubbing her eyes, sounding none too pleased with the new area.

Sumati seemed a bit more excited, "Dancing? That sounds wonderful! I hope they would be willing to teach me a few things if I asked."

"If they're as nice as Farrah claims they are, I don't see why they wouldn't teach you. Oh, and it looks like we have another tag-along." Mei Xi told them.

"Wonderful." Phemy muttered in a sarcastic tone, "Who is it?"

"Some rich guy named Harold. Sounds like he wanted to fight me, but Farrah butted in before we could really throw fists. He mentioned he was stowing away on the ship for some reason or another." Mei Xi explained, "Anyway, I think we'll be arriving in a bit so we had better leave now."

Phemy and Sumati nodded, both fixing themselves up before going outside to see the others. Mei Xi followed behind them, wrinkling her nose at the awful stench the reef gave off.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"Nothing but fog, are you sure we're here?" A bridge hand had asked as Farrah nodded as the fog was too thick to see past the sides of the boat. She fired in order, a light flare of magic, and a blazing flare of magic towards the left and right of the boat respectively.

"It's a safe vessel, lift the fog!" A voice called out as the fog cleared upon the ship as it was easily visible from their distance that a very busy coastal fishing village was within their midst. Younger elven children ran about barefoot as older ones were busy running markets and pulling nets in.

Their boat had docked at the biggest pier available, the bridge crew had gotten out and stretched as they looked around to see a couple of elves approach them with baskets full of fish, vegetables, and bread. "We insist you try the fish, we just caught a massive one over there!" One young elven girl said as she pointed towards a large fish tied to a net.

"Beneath my skin we shall all soon be one, even now, the action of my enslavement to feed your people will haunt you all when we rise from the ocean and send all of you back towards it." The giant fish said as he was carried away.

"The fish is funny!" The little elven girl said as she placed a basket down in front of the group.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Phemy, Sumati, and Mei Xi stepped off the boat once they had saw that it was safe to do so. Sumati smiled, recalling familiar feelings and memories from the village's atmosphere. This is just like the island communities on Old Earth! Phemy stared at the fish, her stomach growling at the thought of eating tasty food.

Mei Xi picked up the basket and looked inside of it, "Ooooo, fish!" She exclaimed, "Freshly caught, too!"

"Perhaps I should prepare it so that we may eat?" Sumati suggested.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"Sure, if they stay fresh long enough." Farrah said while walking down the pier. "The Thaumer base is located here in one of the shacks." Farrah said as the bridge came out as well.

"Baal Corp doesn't tend to have it's ships stationed around here, so you should be safe." One of the bridge members said as a couple of elven children came out to see the grand ship.

"At least they're having fun, so what do we do here then?" Triert had asked Farrah.

"Simple, talk to the Thaumer, and broker a vessel to take to The Burning Enclave without Irene finding us. We have to be quick, she must be on our tails as we speak." Farrah told the group.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Sumati looked down at the basket of fish, then used ice magic to freeze the fish. Now it should remain fresh until I am ready to prepare it. Mei Xi casually followed Farrah to the Thaumer's base, hoping the rest of the Thaumers weren't as stiff as Farrah in demeanor. Phemy followed while staring longingly at the sea, having wanted to go for a swim. If only I had a bathing suit and the time...
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

The murky waters clouded visibility into the ocean, bony fish wrapped in veins could be in sight from the dock. One approaching Phemy as bubbles came from it's mouth to the surface. It swam back to it's pod as the macabre sight vanished into the liquid void.

"Yeah, they'll bite you if you get too close." A human dockworker told Phemy as he carried an entire log on his shoulder. "It's one thing after another that keep Baal ships like that from entering, wildlife, visibility, and natives. The names Sam, Samuel Daniels if you like to be formal." The man said as he put the full log down to his side.

"Phemy, are you coming with...oh, it's one of caretakers here! You know, I'll never understand why someone like you swam all the way from Teuthis to this end of Arcadia." Farrah.

"Well, tiny framed lady, Teuthis need's people with lighter hands than me, they need people who touch keyboards more than they touch other people. Don't get me wrong, I have my own merits from the finest minds there. But, there's still a lot of work people need that ask for hands, not brains." Samuel said as he looked at the other dock workers repairing a damaged pier.

"Your work is very appreciated, many Avens can't hope to do the kind of physical labor the humans can. While some are exceptions, namely Brantan but who wants to talk to THOSE guys anymore...oh hi everyone! You must be the party Farrah told us about right before you gave Irene a black eye, man do all of you know how to pick your enemies." A towering and lanky Aven boisterously told the group as he patted Samuel on the back.

"I don't know anyone else in this world that would put their hands on someone sweating enough to make a pig jealous, but I do now." Samuel said as he grabbed the Avens hand to move it away. He'd returned to his duties as the towering elf turned back to the group.

"In case you're wondering, I'm the lead Aven here, or elf if you want to be informal. Oh, by lead Aven, I mean lead of the Thaumers we have here. Farrah here can attest to it." He told them as Farrah stood at attention, even visibly shaking in her boots. "Call me Galil, and try to buckle down already Farrah. This isn't Thaumer Training anymore." Galil said as he returned to the Thaumers Shack.

"He looks like he commands a lot of respect out of you." Triert asked Farrah as she snapped back to reality.

"He was my instructor, and if I knew he was promoted I wouldn't have been shaking in my literal boots just then." Farrah told Triert as she went into the shack as well.