Wayfarers of Avalon

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Wayfarers of Avalon

Post by Blasphemy »

Exactly in the same light as the Arcadia roleplay, this is another private, two person roleplay of my own creation (with some of Triert's help). Please do not post here and direct all comments to our PMs.

General Info:

-Elements: Fire, Water/Ice (Ice is an offshoot of Water), Earth/Metal (Metal is an offshoot of Earth), Luster (Light), Umbra (Dark), Arcane (non-elemental, pure mana), Wind/Lightning (Lightning is an offshoot of Wind)

-Races:
Spoiler:
*Most if not all mythological creatures exist (mermaids, sirens, faeries, etc.)

*Humans: They're not looked highly upon by other races due to being a "jack of all trades". Unlike Earth humans, humans on Avalon are much more attuned to magic and could practice it if they so chose. However, the are not as well attuned to magic as Elves, Demons, and Fae (Elves and Fae have the highest attunement). They can receive more strength, but they are not naturally strong like the Demons are. Wood Elves are especially bothered by Humans, mainly how they so willingly use wood and other natural resources for their personal gain and sometimes destroy them in the process.

*Demons: Demons live in Hell, many of them moved to Avalon once the planet's races were evolved enough. They still go between Avalon and Hell at will. Demons were created by what Avalonians call "The Umbral Lords". They are the most varied of the races, having a giant array of skin tones, horn shapes, skin textures, and more. It is pretty rare to find one demon that looks exactly another outside of their family.

*Draco: Dragon people that can alternate between a humanoid dragon form and a full dragon at will. Their appearance changes depending on the region they reside in. Due to this, there are quite a few different "sub-species" of dragons. There is a black market for their scales, horns, blood, and claws. Different dragons have different resistances to both magic and physical attacks. There is a Matriarch Draco who rules over the rest of their group. She is the wisest of them all and is highly respected amongst the rest of her race. Wyrms are a prominent sub-species land dragons that have armored plating and rough skin that is hard to break/penetrate. They live in sand domes in desert regions.

*Elves: They are highly attuned to magic and use it daily in different ways depending on where they live. For example, elves that live near the sea have grown fins on their faces to let them breathe underwater (high affinity to Water element). Wood elves usually have markings on their body that are representative of different parts of nature. Their affinity to the Earth element is powerful. Elves that live in deserts also have powerful Earth magic. Elves evolved the way they did was due to being more attuned to mana than humans are, thus giving them some of their physical features such as elongated ears.

*Shapeshifters: A rare breed of beings that are hunted down for their power and many times they are hated, feared, or both. Some get sold into slavery, others do the dirty work for other beings, and others are simply killed on site. Shapeshifters came to be via a genetic mutation and considering that a being from any race can be one, it is implied that all races with the exception of demons have a common ancestor. Little is known about shapeshifters as a whole.

*Vampires: They are impervious Umbra and Ice magic and are not heavily affected by most of the other elements. They are very weak to Luster and Fire magic, however. The first vampire left Hell thousands of years ago after Avalon was discovered. Later, they bit the neck of a human and soon boosted the vampire population on Avalon using a mix of the biting method and breeding. While some vampires keep to themselves, many others like to meet in groups often and plan social gathering amongst themselves. Despite being around at roughly the same time Werewolves started popping up, the two races don't have a feud. They do sometimes keep werewolves around as bodyguards, treating them much better than many humans and elves do. Vampires are also know to regularly visit Hell. Most vampires these days are born naturally, but every once and a while, one is created via biting.

*Werewolves/Lycans: They are not impervious to magic, but besides added speed, strength, and physical endurance/defense, they fare pretty well against Earth magic. Silver is deadly for them, injecting liquefied silver into their veins usually kills them instantly. Around approximately the same time as vampires started populating Avalon, two werewolves created with the use of magic by a powerful fairy in a forest, who wanted to help two humans guard her forest more efficiently. She bestowed upon them the abilities of a wolf granting them more strength, speed, a better spiritual connection with the forest, among other abilities. The two werewolves eventually fell in love and mated, starting the first clan. These days, werewolves are created naturally, some half of a different race, others pure werewolves. No matter how much werewolf blood they have running through their veins, all are encouraged to participate in clans. Which clan a werewolf joins is decided by the area they live in. There are four majors clans at the cardinal directions (North, South, East, and West). Sometimes other lycans will made smaller sub-clans that report back to the main clans and travel to their meets as a group. There is one meeting where all of the clans on the planet meet together near the center of Avalon called "The Fertile Summon". During The Fertile Summon, lycans either mingle and find a mate, or those who already have a mate bring their own, irregardless of their race. During full moons, werewolves who cannot control their transformation will turn into a full wolf. On new moons, they turn into regular humans, losing their ears and tail for the night. Due to being part wolf, lycans still have some wolf-like behaviors ingrained within them. Humans and Elves typically don't think of werewolves as much more than humanoid doggies and some take their children and enslave them as bodyguards, pets, and sometimes going so far as to make them exotic "playmates" for richer families. Due to this, werewolves are very wary humans and elves and prefer to hide from them.
-Besides being where the demons reside, Hell is also where most of the dead go. Other than that, there is Limbo, which is sometimes a fate worse than Hell depending on which level of Hell you were assigned to.

-Magi Technology is the sort of technology used in this world. Basically, all machinery is utilizes runes and other forms of magic.

-Dogs aren't the only creatures used as guards. Anything from Golems, Gargoyles, and more are used. Sometimes Shapeshifters are forced to become guards for wealthy home owners.

-Hell portals are scattered all over planet. Said portals are "dead zones", there is no life in these areas and they are uncomfortably cold. Some of them are whirlpools in the ocean. Main portal to Hell would be a barren wasteland and the site of a major war.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Wayfarers of Avalon

Post by Triert »

A chimp had been swinging branch to branch, gunshots ringing through it's ears as he knows every second matters while brushing past the trees. There were no primates to be found naturally in this forest, making him stick out among the rest. He caught a branch, but to his own misfortune it had been hollow and gave way to his weight and caused him to tumble down the cliffs, and from it all it changed to a human when he finally stopped rolling.

In every town, posters with his face were everywhere. His pursuers were one step ahead of him at every settlement, and this action was done with the last of his strength.
Last edited by Triert on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

The monkey turned man could hear rustling in the bushes and leaves around him.

"I saw him go this way!" He heard a man say.

In mere seconds he was surrounded by several humans glaring down at him.

"Get up!" A female demanded.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

The monkey turned man had spit on the ground in front of them with the last of his strength. "Like hell I will, you have me where you want me don't you!?"
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

The female sucked her teeth and kicked him in his side, "If you want to live, you WILL do as we say. Now, GET UP!"
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

The man shot saliva into her mouth with a precise spit, glaring at her after doing so. "Pick me up, I'm exhausted!" He shouted at the woman.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

While the exchange between the shapeshifter and his hunters was going on, a female demon was walking through the forest, surveying the plant life with a concerned look on her face. Her lips were pulled into a frown as she gingerly touched a leaf that was hanging from a low-lying branch.

"Why are they all dying...?" She muttered with a small sigh.

She suddenly stopped and looked up when she heard a rustling close by. She slowly and quietly made her way to through the trees to that spot until she saw a man surrounded by a group of humans and elves. She hid in the bushes and watched silently, grimacing as a female yelled at and kicked the man on the ground.

The female squawked from disgust as she spit out the man's saliva from her mouth.

"You little ****!" She screeched.

"Let's just get rid of him. He's not worth the trouble or the sass." A male human suggested.

The female nodded, "He'll probably fit in perfectly in Hell, with the rest of his kind." She said as she held up her flintlock pistol, aiming at his skull.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"Do me a flavor and click that flintlock already, this is practically cruel and unusual punishment having to hear you ***** so god damn much!" The man told the woman.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Right before the female could pull the trigger, the male could hear something pierce the air and her body fall. There was an arrow through her head, blood freely flowing down her face and into her gaping mouth. The others were looking around, trying to fathom where the arrow came from, some of them nervous.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"Grace of Deva..." The shapeshifter said as his vision blurred and grew clouded as he collapsed against the ground.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"Who is there?! Show yourself!" The human male yelled.

"Very well." A light yet firm voiced responded.

The female stepped out, still holding her bow and arrow pointed at them.

"If you wish to live, I would suggest that you leave this instant, without him." She motioned to the passed out male on the ground.

They all laughed, "You can't take us all out now that you have revealed yourself!"

The female put her bow away and equipped her large battle-axe. Without another word, she ran at them and started slashing, slicing off limbs and wounding them before they could do much damage to her. She looked back at the male, noticing he had passed out. She knelt beside him and checked his pulse, wondering if he was still alive. Happy to find that he was still alive, she quickly took him back to her home. While the male rested on her bed, she left to go look for food while pondering what to cook.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

The man had awoken, slowly getting up as he blinked his eyelids and found himself in the woman's house.

"So, Deva has us all start out here when we go to them" The Shapeshifter tried to stand up, but found his own knee twisted after his fall as a monkey. "I'm supposed to be dead, why is my knee still injured?" He limped back to his resting spot as he looked around the room. "Maybe I'm not dead, but why am I in a cabin? Last I remember, I was running away from those poachers. I fell, and ended up too shaken to remember anything."
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

The room looked simple, having only a few plants for decoration and a fire lamp on the night table to the right of him for light.

While the shapeshifter thought about his situations, the female from earlier walked into the room. Her dark, tan skin looked smooth and soft. She had a round face with chubby cheeks and dark pink lips. She had red, medium sized almond shaped eyes. Her long, black, curly hair was a bit messy and had a lot of volume. Poking out from her snarls of hair were her small horns that curved up and outwards, looking very similar to cow horns. She wore grey metal armor that covered just about every inch of her except for her hands. On her back she had her bow as well as a quiver full of arrows. Her large battle-axe hung from her belt on her waist.

"Oh, you're awake! How do you feel?" She asked, while walking over to feel his forehead.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

The Shifter howled as he was startled by her presence.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Startled, the female immediately froze, "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you!"
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

The Shifter had attempted changing into a falcon, but his twisted knee prevented him from doing so. Leaving a falcon with a human leg flapping its wings wildly.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"Snnrk..." The female covered the smile that was forcing it's way across her lips as she tried not to laugh at the silly sight.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

The Shifters panic had soothed at the sight of her, after which he realized his own leg refused to transform.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"U-Um...Ahem." She composed herself as much as possible, "You should rest, your knee is still injured for the time being."
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

He morphed back into his human form as he returned to his resting spot. "Tell me, where am I and how did I get here, how is there a place like this so far out into the woods?"
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"You are in the Feurgo Forest, home to many beings, mainly animals and fae folk. I carried you to my home after you passed out from those humans and elves that were about to kill you." She answered, "The fae allowed me to build my home and live here."
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

"So, I'm free for now. They're sure to send people this way after they know I was here last." The man said as he turned on his side.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"They won't get through that easily, considering what lurks in this forest." She told the Shifter, thinking about the different creatures she had seen during her stay.
-Henri Poincare

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

The Shifter looked over at her armor, especially seeing the still bloody axe. "Do you mean you, or is there something stronger than you to worry about for them?"
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

"Both. One certainly wouldn't want to come across the Spider Queen and her clan. She is not particularly nice to intruders." She told him.
-Henri Poincare