The Otherkind: Rebirth

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

The Otherkind: Rebirth

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Thanks to the magic of iPad copy and pasting, I can attempt to revive the RP boards without having to type on an original RP on an iPad.
Plot:
In the near future, genetic manipulation has become a normal amongst many first world countries. Parents are able to choose the sex and even physical features of their babies before they are born, or even developed. With the genetic manipulations, parents can also choose nonhuman features to add to their children, like fox ears as oppose to human ears, tails sprouting from the tailbone, etc. However, its a rather uncommon procedure, and kids that have these mutations are usually discriminated against or bullied by purebred humans. Your character, for one reason or another, will join the school club put together for equal treatment for the unfairly labeled otherkind.

Rules:
No godmodding, bunnying, or other actions that could be considered unfair to other users.
No flat characters. They usually don't have much effort or depth put into them.
No unoriginal characters. Clones of existing characters are just as lazy as flat characters.
Posts must be longer than 1 sentence, and sentences can't be just [X looked around]
Under appearance either use a picture your specific character is in, or describe him/her. Taking a stock anime picture and claiming its your character is lazy.
Limit of up to 3 main characters.
Character must be in high school.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance: (State otherkind features here)
Personality:
Bio: (optional)

Confirmed Characters:

My Own Characters:
Spoiler:
Name: Kris
Sex: Female
Appearance: Long, light green hair. Light green eyes. About 5'8"and lanky. Small fox ears poke out of her hair, and she has a large, fluffy tail. She also has relatively sharp canine teeth. Frequently dyes hair/fur to match her mood.
Personality: A leader amongst most of her friends, overall outgoing and adventurous, though prone to be a little reclusive around people she crushes on.
Bio: Kris lived a relatively good life. She mostly stayed on her computer and spoke with other "Otherkind" over forums and chatboxes. She gained the reputation of being a leader both online and offline for constantly pushing ideas and growing a following on many sites, right up to the point where she was banned for "forcing otherkind thoughts onto users" though her legacy lives on most of those sites, with some of the others having shut down from the protests of her ban.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
CandraArborshate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: The Otherkind: Rebirth

Post by CandraArborshate »

Tobi and I will join again, our character sheets are comming!

EDIT:

Name: Zoëlla, goes by Zoë
Appearance:
Drawing 1
She's quite tiny (5'0-5'1), slightly curvy but not too curvy, she has long hair, naturally light blonde but she dyes it red, which most of the time fades out really quickly and she doesn't really care, big yellow eyes, and sharp/pointy fangs. Cute fluffy dark brown cat ears pop out of her messy wavy hair. She also has a brown cat tail that she tries to hide underneath skirts, loose pants and what not. She also has claws of a cat, but those only come out when she's triggered. With her yellow eyes, she is great at seeing in the dark.
Mostly she dresses in really loose fitting clothes and a lot of colorful layers.
Personality: Bubbly, sweet and loves to laugh and talk. Not only does she have the features of a cat, she is kinda behaving like a silly kitten sometimes. She loves to hug people, but is quite shy at times. Scared easily, but she tries to act like she isn't most of the time. OH and she is very clumsy at her times.
Bio: She's often viewed as the person who is never sad or crying, known for cheering people up. But also known for going quiet when she is asked about her past.
Facebook * Tumblr * DeviantArt * Youtube

Friendcode: 1435-6393-6775
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Definitely joining again! Hopefully more people will join and stay active, I'd enjoy that.

Name: Seth (named Lenore at birth)
Sex: FtM
Appearance: Drawing (with emo lyric quotes on it obv)
His hair is naturally light brown, but he dyed it dark blue. His hair is also medium-long, but quite long for a guy to have, and it's very fluffy. He's slightly above average height, about 5'9", and is rather slim, though still has some muscles. Usually wears black band sleeveless or t-shirts or shirts with skulls. Occasionally it's a shirt from a game he enjoys playing. Has snakebites (two lip piercings on each side of the bottom lip), a pierced eyebrow and a septum piercing (ring through the lower middle of your nose). Wears either black jeans or jeans that are a bit ripped over the legs. He wears black boots that almost reach his knees. Occasionally wears beanies to hide his otherkind features. Seth's otherkind features involve having wolf ears and a fluffy wolf tail. These features have kept his natural hair color. His teeth are also that of a wolf, as well as his nails, which are retractable.
Personality: Seth usually seems to be a bit of a downer. He doesn't talk a lot and just seems to hate everyone from a distance. Doesn't have many friends because no one really seems to attempt to talk to him.
Bio: Rumored to be a dangerous person to mess with because of his history. People avoid him for this reason.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

You two are both obvi confirmed. I don't think anyone else is gonna join tho, since the site is RIP.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Shall we just start already then?
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

((Sure. Why not?))

Kris sighed as she took down another defaced poster. "Jeez, I can't go ONE hour without having to remove vandalism, can I?" She sighed to herself.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Seth had finally arrived at school. He sighed as he closed the back door behind him. He didn't like going through the front door because it was always very crowded. He walked over to his locker and opened it. His locker stood out because it was one of the few that had graffiti all over it, mostly hate messages from people. Seth opened his bag and took the remaining books he needed that day and closed his locker again.
CandraArborshate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Zoë opened her locker and looked at her schedule. "Chemistry" she mumbled.
She fumbled around in her locker and eventually found her chemistry books. Upon closing her locker, she noticed a little note. Her ears popped up and she curiously and enthousiasticly opened it up.
Her eyes fell down again and she sighed while shaking her head.
"Go kill yourself already" the note said.
Zoë threw it in the bin, straightened her back, put on a smile and said to herself "Up to chemistry" and started walking.

EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

As Kris took her poster down, she heard people around her insulting her. "How bout y'all shut the **** up and mind your own business?" She mumbled to herself, hoping they would just walk away. Of course, they wouldn't though, and she knew that.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

As Seth heard the first bell ring, he made his way to class. The second bell ringing would mean he'd be late, and he's been late way too often already.

Seth walked up the stairs and entered the door at the near end of the hallway, for chemistry class. Seth sat down on the row that touched the wall, at the second-last seat. He put his bag on the table and took out his pencil case with his book and notebook.
CandraArborshate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Zoë was on her way to class when she saw a girl with green hair and a group of people staning around her.
She couldn't let it and her ears popped up, listening to what was being said.
Insults, laughing and wooing at her. Zoë frowned and walked up to the happening.
"Hey! you! stop it! Just leave her alone!" she said while straightening her back and making the most out of her small posture. "Yeah you heared me!" she said whilst trying to look intimidating.

NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

(( Anyone mind if I squeeze myself in? ^u^
Spoiler:
Name: Koinu
Appearance: Clocking in at 5'3" with a fairly thin form, Koinu is rather athletic and seems visibly healthy. She has soft peach skin and shiny light brown hair, along with dark brown eyes. She wears a white and grey striped "prison" shirt (with an orange undershirt), black jean shorts, and socks with the same pattern as her shirt along with black leather boots. Also wears a leather jacket of sorts that she never wears zipped up. (Partially because she doesn't know HOW to zip it up.) What sets her apart from humans are her pointy brown dog ears and long fluffy dog tail. (Pic I referenced the description off of just for a better visual reference. ouo)
Personality: An eager learner and a proud student, Koinu has often times shown that she is an energetic being with a rambunctious personality. Much like that of a dog, Koinu is loyal to her friends and follows instructions without missing a beat. She's considered to be the teacher's "pet" as she looks up to older and wiser people, respecting them with as much respect as she can provide. Quite playful, she loves to run around and enjoys participating in sports that involve any sort of ball, or catchable material. Although she possesses many personality traits that dogs have, she has proven herself to be just as "human" as others through her strange sense and grasp of classroom concepts. Math, science, history, english, whatever be it, Koinu seems to understand and never struggles in any of her classes. However, her school-smarts are a strong counter to her "street" smarts. If faced with a situation that entails her to use her own logic, she tends to panic and doesn't know what to do. Even once she was in a case where she hid herself under a box and didn't know how to get back out. Due to this downfall trait of silliness, Koinu is often looked down upon as a "pet" of some sorts, though the girl seems to show no care or sign of noticing. Likewise, Koinu takes bullying and similar insults towards herself with a grin and a laugh, as she doesn't know better.
Bio: Koinu's parents took things a step further, and instead of just adding dog traits to her physical appearance, they added dog traits to her emotional and psychological being as well. This being said, Koinu is more of a pet of the house as opposed to a child. She is loved by her parents, and because of her optimistic attitude, has lived a rather nice and dandy life. However, as she's maturing more, she is beginning to realize just how glum her life really is.
Other: (figured I'd add due to extra genetic additions to her being) She's got the heightened ability to smell and hear just like a dog does. Her hearing can come in handy at times, but can also be rather harmful. If she hears something too-high-pitched that a human is unable to hear, she can often get headaches or have a ringing sensation in her ears. She can also whiff out people or hidden things rather easily as well, which can also turn back to hurt her. If she smells something way too nasty, she can get nauseous and sick. (If these seem overpowered at all, let me know and I'll just remove them from her character. :3) Her eye sight isn't really that different to a human's, except that she is color blind. She can easily tell apart between different shades of blacks, whites and greys, but lacks the ability to see color. This doesn't really seem to affect her though, (all, if not most of her clothes seem to come in stripes of grey and white, as pictured/described above) so the lack of color doesn't harm her much as it would seem to.
))
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

((As long as you're active, you're in.))
One of the bigger guys just pushed her away. "It don't involve you, so don't get involved, shorty," He smirked.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

(( Very many thanks~))

Koinu, who was always running into school at the last second, slid through the doors and pushed through the hallways. She was headed to her locker to grab her books before going to class, hopefully, on time. As she made her way through the jumbled mess of students, there were a few sneers and snickers, as well as angry, "heys!" towards her as she accidentally bumped and shoved fellow students. All she could say was, "Oops! Sorry...!"

Once she finally made it into the hallway where her locker was located, she booked it as fast as she could towards her little storage area. However, just before her locker she noticed a smaller figure standing firmly ahead of a group of boys surrounding another girl. Trying to skid to a stop, Koinu held her feet flat, but much to her dismay, the slippery floor coupled with her previous speed didn't let her slow down. Her pupils shrunk as she skidded towards the oncoming group. "W-watch out!!" Her high voice yipped before abruptly crashing into a majority of the male bullies, barely missing Zoe (dunno how to get the two dots above the Z, apologies. XD) as she fell face flat within the vicinity of the commotion.
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
CandraArborshate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Zoë jumped back by the sudden glomp of this strange girl.
She frowned a little and turned to the green haired girl.
"are you alright?" she asked.
The second bell rang and she looked up for a second, looking back at the girl, concerned.

EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

"Y- you didn't have to do that. You only put yourself under fire. I'm used to getting beat up anyway." Kris mumbled, rolling up her poster and sliding it under her arm. "Anyway, thanks for sticking up for me. I have to go to Chemestry"
CandraArborshate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

"OH! what a coincidence! so have I!" she looked at the clock and started jumping from one leg to the other.
"We need to hurry!" she said.

EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

"Damn. Gonna be late again." Kris sighed. "At least I haven't been late to Chem before."
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Koinu picked herself up after a few moments and dusted herself off. "How clumsy...! I'm sorry, I really am." She apologized to the bullies, who she didn't know had been picking on Kris, and moved herself aside quickly. Rubbing her head uncomfortably, she resumed going to her locker and opening it. Pulling out her book, she hastily slammed her locker closed again before scurrying off towards the same Chemistry class. She trailed behind Kris and Zoe as she speed-walked to try and catch up. Koinu hadn't personally known them, but she at least wanted to apologize for her disturbance of their seemingly 'group meeting'.
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
CandraArborshate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Zoë hastily walked to the classroom and knocked on the door before opening.
The teacher looked at them a little mad and she blushed.
"Don't just stand there, take a seat, come on hurry" the teacher said a little annoyed.
Zoë lowered her head and quickly took a seat, unpacking her stuff and sighing a little to herself.

Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Seth had already started a sketch is his notebook, as he looked up slightly puzzled with a good 3 people from his class walking in too late. Usually he was late, but instead, a bunch of others were late. He shrugged it off and continued with his drawing.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Kris slinked in behind Zoë and took a seat in the back of the class. She pulled out a small sketch pad and began to draw a poster design. Time for poster number 3
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Koinu, without missing a beat, shuffled into class and plopped herself into a desk as instructed. With diligence were her supplies taken out and placed onto her desk. Immediately after everything was out, Koinu yawned and rested her head on her elbow. 'At least we didn't get yelled at or anything, I guess...'
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
CandraArborshate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Zoë was eagerly taking notes. Chemistry wasn't her best subject but she got along by practicing a lot.
She sighed softly and continued.

Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Seth looked up from his sketch and stopped for a moment, looking at what the teacher was explaining. He turned the page and decided to take notes since the teacher started about a subject he didn't fully grasp yet. He let out a very soft curse as he hastily copied the teacher's notes.