Shy roleplayer advice?

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Shy roleplayer advice?

Post by Tsui »

So I play WoW, and I have a lowbie on Moon Guard, basically the most populated RP server. But the problem here is: I'm very shy. So much that my heart starts racing when I even think about logging on to my character. As soon as I made her I ran into a guy who created his character at, like, the exact same time, and his character was very rude and haughty and it made me extremely anxious. I managed to just laugh and be snarky back at the time but, I don't know. My anxiety medication doesn't last very long, not nearly as long as my average play time on my other charas. Anyway, I planned on playing her today in the wee hours of the morning when barely anyone else is on, but my meds have already worn off and... eeeeee????
Any advice for a shy roleplayer? D:
Flara_Wolf
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: I'll show you how to be a metal man

Re: Shy roleplayer advice?

Post by Flara_Wolf »

A lot of the times, roleplay servers on WoW don't really have a lot of roleplayers. I would recommend either going on when people aren't on, as you said, or making very little conversation. Trying out roleplays on the site really helped with my online anxiety.
my dA my tumblr
Steam: SalemLeDuck
Discord: SalemLeDuck#2875