The Game - a "creepypasta"

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tails Doll
Master Chao
Master Chao

The Game - a "creepypasta"

Post by Tails Doll »

I'm not the creator of this story/creepypasta, hence why it's quoted. I think it's worth sharing though.
You don't really need to read all of it. Just get some context and then read the last paragraph all the way through.
The game

You know that one event you look forward to every year? Most people have one; my family and I share one which is fairly common: the Superbowl. Every year we crowd around our big screen TV with snacks, gazing intently from start to finish, not leaving our sits through even the commercials.

Just one year did we happen to miss it. And let me tell you, it was for a damn good reason...

"Lost children on milk cartons always depress me," my uncle said between the crunch-crunch-crunch of a mouthful of cornflakes. My mother - his older sister - scolded him for talking with his mouth full. He was in town for the game, of course; it was a huge event for us, and not just the immediate family. We invited our friends, distant family, even a few people we barely knew around the neighborhood. This year, a new family had moved in next door, and it wasn't long until my father went boasting about our game day celebration, and eventually invited them over.

The family seemed like a fine group of people... All but their teenage daughter. There was something haunting about her. And not her appearance; she wasn't a dark and brooding goth-style girl, she was a fairly plain looking blonde-haired blue-eyed teenager. At a glance, she didn't seem out of the ordinary at all. But after you looked long enough, it just... It didn't seem right. She was TOO plain, TOO ordinary, it didn't seem right to look at her, and eventually it got painful to the point where I just had to turn away. And I can tell you right now, it wasn't just me. I noticed it in everyone, even her own family. It made me uneasy, to say the least.

Game day finally came... And it was unlike any game day we'd had before. Everyone arrived early, which was typical. The whole family was there; aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, from both sides of the family, most of whom we only saw this day. Some close friends were here, some neighbors, and of course the new family... and the girl. Just before kickoff, the lights flickered. We thought nothing of it, until it happened again. My dad got up and left the room, declaring he was going to make sure everything was alright with the fuse box. Nobody wanted our tradition ruined, least of all him. The girl followed him a few moments after he'd left the room. Nobody seemed to notice but me, and, I can't really put my finger on it, but something about the look in her eyes made me worry. I was frightened. Too frightened to follow them, so I stayed put. That is, until the lights went out entirely, along with the rest of the power. Everyone began murmuring impatiently, my mother joking "This is what we get for trusting my husband to a blown fuse." After the power hadn't come back on for a few moments, coupled with my father still not returning, people started to get worried. "Maybe he electrocuted himself?" I heard someone say. My uncle decided to go and see if everything was alright, and I went with him, though I wasn't sure why... I hadn't seen or heard from the strange girl since she left after my father, and I felt sure she had something to do with this. We took a flashlight and made our way down to the basement... And the sight that greeted us made my heart stop momentarily. The stairs were slick with blood. At first I thought my father had fallen and bashed his head, but at the foot of the stairs there was nothing but a trail of blood leading to a corner cluttered with old broken furniture. My uncle started lifting things out of the way, and I'm sure he was as confused as I was, but I followed his lead. Beneath an old, torn up couch, I found my father's body, his chest torn open. Not just sliced through; the flesh was ripped off, as if some beast had torn into him with sickly sharp talons, leaving his rib cage bare. The sickest thing was his heart was still beating. I noticed my uncle had stopped lifting, and I guessed he'd looked over and was as speechless as me. Turning around, at first I saw nothing; then, leading the flashlight across the room, I saw a hunched over figure... a figure with long blonde hair flowing down her back. I nearly threw up; she didn't seem so plain now, tearing into my uncle with inhuman strength. She turned to me, grinning wickedly. "W..why?" I managed to gasp, weakly, as she approached. She seemed confused by the question, tilting her head as if considering it for a moment. "You need a reason?" she asked, her voice like nails on a chalkboard. Her next utterance has never left my mind, and probably won't until the day I die. "Read the first word of every paragraph."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup. That just happened.
Last edited by Tails Doll on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: My new favorite creepypasta

Post by Rajikaru »

That's not even a good creepypasta.

The only good one I read involved a ghost girl in a hotel room, and that's because it actually was interesting.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Not bad but not necessarily good either

I like the little trick with the first letter of every paragraph though haha
Tails Doll
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Tails Doll »

It isn't really what I would consider a creepypasta. Not by any measure. It's more of a dark-humor type story. It was well written enough, and dragged on long enough to make the punch line work well.
If you don't really get the point of it, read the spoiler.
Spoiler:
The first word in every paragraph creates the sentence, "You just lost the game." That part isn't meant to be scary. It's referring to "the game" which I still don't fully understand. I think it's the one where you lose if you think about it. Anyways, the point of the story is to be humorous, which I believe it achieved.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: The Game - a "creepypasta"

Post by Crash32 »

the game = noticing the secret before they tell you? the superbowl?
Tails Doll
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Tails Doll »

The writer of this story was very clever. Football was never really "the game", it was a just a clever way of making people think that the title had little meaning. It's not about football, it's about The Game. Which you've been losing this entire time.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

oh wow that site
really
it's pretty much overglorified chain mail
Tails Doll
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Tails Doll »

I actually didn't know of any site. I just looked up "the game" and found one that explained it well. I hear about it every once in awhile and have no problem with the little "game". It's kinda funny to hear from people who come in contact with creative implementations of the game. Sorta like the "you got Rickrolled" dealio.

Back to the story at hand. I thought it was a really creative reference to the game, so I decided to share it.