soda

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

soda

Post by Pentagrami »

i "quit" soda 2 years ago because i just dont see a point to it and found that i like natural fruit drinks a lot more so i'll usually just have water with my meals or fix myself a fruity cocktail if im craving something

however i was once an avid soda drinker, particularly seeking out light fruity sodas with cool bottle designs and interesting flavors. i used to love strawberry tonic water in particular and i always bought any limited editions or any particularly expensive craft sodas as my first instinct is always "the more expensive the better." (which often leads to me being broke by the middle of the month and having to rely on free food at college meetings)

and i will confess i did say "quit" because i've been guilty of falling prey to the seduction of the Baja Blast at the Taco Bell all 3 times i've seeked out their quesalupas.

anyways the point of this topic is to positively discuss soda and soda memories because even tho i cannot withstand the fizzy feel anymore i did absolutely alpreciate it at some point and i think itd be cool if we all shared our fav flavors, in particular anything local or elusive.

here's my list
- Esquis Hierro: the "iron flavor" of a mexican soda. this ome flavor seems to be exclusive to my hometown as few people accross the country have even heard of it. it is WEIRD. it is mainly cola but it has strong vanilla undertones and the actual taste of iron is incorporated into it somehow. it tastes like licking a paper clip. and it is somehow unexplainably pleasant.
- Fizzy Peach Lemonade: a locally crafted soda i got when visiting cincy. it was exactly as advertised. lovely.
- Guanabana Soda: some brazilian soda i got at an international market. it was obv made from guanabana which tastes like pineaple and mango had a slightly grassy child and somehow that child was slightly milky.
- Birthday Cake Soda: it was nasty i got it at the local h-e-b but dont remember the brand. interesting concept tho.
- Blue Berry & Lime: i thought this was weird at first since most blueberry products focus on the sweet aspect of it and not the acidic side of the spectrum but i was pleasantly surprised when i was met with something extremely refreshing and enjoyable.
- Pineaple Soda: theres a soda shop downtown in this city that makes "soda" by mashing up fruit into a juicy mush and mixing it with soda water. im not sure if that even counts as soda but when i had it it blew me out of the water. changed my world forever i tell you.
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
Honey
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: see-thru witch.

Re: soda

Post by Honey »

hi i like this topic
it is a good topic

cola is my favorite in general. i prefer coke, but i personally have nothing against pepsi.
i respect pepsi. she is doing her best.

i also dig strawberry fanta & cream soda.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I love soda. While I understand how unhealthy it is to drink, I've drank it all my life so it's pretty hard to quit. The feeling of the drink hitting the back of your throat after a big meal is one of the most euphoric possible experiences. Really, I love carbonated drinks, but soda has it right where it matches the bitterness and the pain of the bubbles hitting the back of your throat with the sweet but not watered down taste of the syrup. Same reason why I love carbonated juice. You think apple juice is good? You haven't lived until you've drank sparkling apple juice.

Dr. Pepper is the only good soda, though. Every other soda is fine if you need a quick pick-me-up or want some satisfaction after a long, humid day, but none can quite match Dr. Pepper in terms of flavour, especially the pure sugar kind.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Golden
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: do what you know, know what you do.

Post by Golden »

im an absolute ADDICT when it comes to soda, i have drunken many kinds and enjoyed them all (except diet, eww.) but i would say my favorite brands are mtn dew and dr. pepper and the specific flavors i enjoy are cherry dr. pepper and mtn dew baja blast (although I'll drink every other flavor any day of the week :wink: )
:blink:
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I quit drinking soda. Replaced it with unsweet tea. Occasionally I'll drink a sprite or something just for the bubbly.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

not a fan of carbonated drinks because of the way they sting. however, I'll drink a little bit of grape or orange soda anyway, and ramune is okay too but I recall it being expensive. I don't really like cola because it tastes kinda gross and the caffeine and sugar make my heart pound.

most of the time I just drink bottled water. most fruit juices make my tummy hurt but it's totally worth it. and those aloe drinks in the rectangular-ish bottles, they're actually yummy.

for those who have a hard time switching from soda to water: start off with flavored bottled water! they come in various fruit flavors, and eventually you might feel comfortable drinking plain water.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Pentagrami »

^ i started by drinking home made fruit water and juice and eventually moved on to just water unless im feeling fancy
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

my problem with water is that it tastes gross, even bottled water, no matter what brand of bottled water i try. I definitely will drink it if I'm actually thirsty (like sore throat or other sickness), and i'll occasionally have a bottle if I'm looking for something other than whatever we have in the fridge, but it's, like, i'd prefer a cup of Dr. Pepper or some sparkling orange juice to a bottle of water that legit tastes like chemicals.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

My soda craze got replaced with iced tea.

Even now, I still like certain soda's like ginger ale (schweppes) or that cherry vanilla pepsi. Aside from that, I only drink soda when it's made with cane sugar or i'm at a restaurant.

As for water, I really don't like it unless it's tap. That mineral **** doesn't make it taste good for me, on that same breath flavored water is good but is god awfully expensive
wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by wic. »

Up here in the Midwest, Especially in Michigan, we call soda pop. I drink a lot of pop, my faves are baja blast and vernors.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I kicked the sugar water habit about four-and-a-half years ago. I don't even consume fruit juice in appreciable amounts outside of eating actual fruit, and I only drink milk when I eat cold cereal or I eat at IHOP.

Back in my soda addict days, I'd only drink cola if there was nothing better available. My favorites were Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, and Sprite(I particularly enjoyed the limited edition Sprite Remixes). Last time I drank a can of Dr. Pepper, it nearly made me sick, and while clear soda still helps settle my stomach following a bout of vomiting, I can't really taste them for the carbonated burn.

And to the above comment about water tasting like chemicals, technically everything tastes like chemicals. After all, taste is a chemical sense and the taste of something is determined by its chemical make-up, or at least the part of it that can be dissolved in saliva.
KuroMewsagi
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by KuroMewsagi »

When I decided I need to work on losing weight, the first thing I cut out was pop. Mountain Dew Voltage used to be my favorite, drinking a two liter every day, but after switching to green tea, drinking Mountain Dew again just tastes... wrong?

For the most part, I just drink Ice Mountain water now, as it's the only bottled water I can tolerate. When I'm feeling up for something a bit more, I might go for a Vernors. Only drink at Wendy's (work) that I can drink a lot of is Powerade, so I guess I do have that a lot too.
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

Nova! wrote:Dr. Pepper is the only good soda, though. Every other soda is fine if you need a quick pick-me-up or want some satisfaction after a long, humid day, but none can quite match Dr. Pepper in terms of flavour, especially the pure sugar kind.
but otherwise soda isn't really worth it aside from once every now and then. water best drink NA
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
strawberry-boyfriend
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by strawberry-boyfriend »

water, tea, coffee, and berry flavored sparkling beverages
Reviews for Ravenyte
"One of the best users... I've ever seen." - Roger Ebert
"Incredible... Truly [a] transcendent user, one who will no doubt change the face of this website for good." - A.O. Scott
"Pretty good." - Werner Herzog
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

wic. wrote:Up here in the Midwest, Especially in Michigan, we call soda pop. I drink a lot of pop, my faves are baja blast and vernors.
yeah and ur michigandizing this southern belle because now i slip up and say pop too and now i'm picking up the michigan "a" sound... but i'll put up with it...

anyway i cut out soda about ten years ago for cardiac heath reasons and it just isn't good for you, but if it's decaffeinated i can tolerate it. it's usually sparkling water, seltzer, fruit or clear soda if i'm gonna but usually drink decaff tea, cranberry, crancherry, or grapefruit juice
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

I'm currently attempting to cut down on soda quite a bit, but its very hard and I have very very little self control.
Getting better every day though!

Anyway oh my goodness I love Root Beer.
Barqs or Mug, I know I like one better but I can never remember which? I think its Barqs but I could be wrong.

Also Berry lemonade from Jones Soda is quite possibly the best thing I've ever had touch my tongue in my whole life. I highly suggest it to anyone who will listen.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

I enjoy soda; I drink it when I can, though I do realize the importance of water as well and I try to keep a good balance. My favorite time to drink a soda is right after a good sandwich. Maybe while munching on fries, too... heavenly. As for my favorite soda
Chocolate_Chao wrote:
Nova! wrote:Dr. Pepper is the only good soda, though. Every other soda is fine if you need a quick pick-me-up or want some satisfaction after a long, humid day, but none can quite match Dr. Pepper in terms of flavour, especially the pure sugar kind.
ambulancez
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: f

Post by ambulancez »

i luv soda water is gross i omnly drinks soda mom and dad says thats abd 4 me but i dont care
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

i love soda

i just really love soda

most varieties of monster energy count as soda right?? well original monster is my fav soda

if it doesn't count then cherry coke zero is my favorite

i really really like mountain dew too, code red and livewire are my favs of it

idk guys i just love soda
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

Vaporwave wrote:most varieties of monster energy count as soda right?? well original monster is my fav soda

ENERGY DRINKS HAVENT COUNTED AS SODA SINCE VAULT

AS LONG AS THEY HAVE THAT AWFUL BURN AND TASTE EFFECT I REFUSE TO RECOGNIZE THEM AS CLOSE TO SODA
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

i give you credit for posting vault because that stuff was neato and i'll accept the monsterenergyshaming
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

This drink.

Best drink.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

I drink soda all the time.
I absolutely hate the tap we have around here. It literally causes me to throw up. My stomach can't handle whatever is in the water here, and my stomach is pretty strong. Water bottles taste pretty funky to me, too, but I don't feel disgusting after drinking from them, so that's my choice of water source when I don't feel like dying from dehydration.
I hate it when I tell people I hate the taste of water. They always say "BUT IT'S TASTELESS!". It's not tasteless. It tastes like whatever you use to clean and contain it in.

I also really don't like tea, don't have that fancy bottle to make "fruit water" with, and I don't regularly stock up on any juices and such. So that's why I drink pop. That, and the fact that a lot of off-brand 2-liters cost like $.79 here.

Anyways, my favorite soft drinks are cream soda and root beer. Can't go wrong with those.
And with Taco Bell, you always have to get Baja Blast. Always.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Pentagrami »

smart water is tasteless