What have you always been curious about (that won't cause an argument)?

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

What have you always been curious about (that won't cause an argument)?

Post by Rajikaru »

I haven't seen any cheerful posts in a bit, so I figured we could start a fun discussion.

It's a simple premise. You have a question, another user posts to answer it, while asking their question that another user can answer, and so on.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Re: What have you always been curious about (that won't cause an argument)?

Post by Pumpkinium »

why do i like the smell of my own body odors
help me
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Pumpkinium wrote:why do i like the smell of my own body odors

I don't know how to respond to this.

My question: when we sit down, the space between our knees and our torso is our lap. When we stand up, do we still have a lap?
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Pumpkinium wrote:why do i like the smell of my own body odors
IIRC as humans we actually enjoy the things our own specific bodies make.

Yes, even number 2's.
Ivogoji wrote:My question: when we sit down, the space between our knees and our torso is our lap. When we stand up, do we still have a lap?
Nope, a lap is made when our body goes into that position. If we lie down or get up, we no longer have one.
Last edited by retrolinkx on Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

retro u have 2 post ur own question

my question: why is my fish so dang cute
help me
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Post by Pentagrami »

why is it called a laptop if placing it on your lap can lead to cancer/other health issues??
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

^ I'm pretty sure the cancer/health issues thing is a myth, at least from my experiences. I mean sure heat does come from the bottom of cheaper laptops, but at worst that'd give you minor burns depending on how much your laptop has to process at any time. Same with the cellphones giving you ear cancer or whatever, it's too ridiculous sounding for me to believe it, and considering how the rumours have died off over the recent years with the advent of smartphones which actually tend to get hotter than laptops, i'm willing to believe it was one of those "technology is evil" myths
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

Here's an article about it.

tl;dr:

The heat can...
1. it can permanently discolor your skin, if you're like this kid who
play(ed) a computer game for several hours a day over a period of a few months. Even though he noticed that the laptop was getting hot, he didn’t move it.
2. Scientists did a study and found
some evidence that a hot laptop could lead to skin damage that might develop into skin cancer. Although they said that this is very rare, the risk is still real.

They do not cite any specific cases of skin cancer from laptop use, but they did suggest in their study placing a carrying case or pad between your body and the laptop.
3. If you're a dude,
This (heat) increase has a well-documented harmful effect on sperm production, which may lead to infertility. Other studies have found that heated car seats have a similar effect on sperm production.
So there are side effects, but they're pretty difficult to get, except the third.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I think it worth noting that cancer usually isn't caused by short term exposure to a hazard, but rather repeated exposure over several years or even decades.

It's impossible to say what kind of effects a lifetime worth of exposure to the higher than AM/FM radio but less than visible light frequency electromagnetic radiation that cellphones, wi-fi, bluetooth, and most other modern wireless technology works on because these technologies haven't existed for a life time. I'm not even thirty and I can remember the days when all mice, keyboards, and game controllers were wired. I can remember the days when only big shots had cell phones, when landlines were the dominant type of telephone, and if you needed to make a phone call while out in public, you needed to use a pay phone. I can remember the days before Wi-Fi, the days of 56k modems, and needing multiple phone lines if you wanted to make a phone call while online or wanted to go online with multiple computers.

If you could see sub-visual sections of the electromagnetic spectrum, twenty years ago, all you'd see is the dull red of radio and over the air television and maybe a spot of orange if you looked at a microwave while popping a bag of popcorn. Nowadays, you'd see these, but also a yellow glow within the bounds of a wi-fi network, the near omnipresent green of cellphone communication, blue when in the presence of bluetooth devices violet that almost loops back to red in the presence of a mouse or keyboard with an infrared connection. And probably other colors mixed in for the less common sources of radiation. The world is much brighter in the non visible parts of the spectrum than it was a decade ago and will likely only get brighter as time goes on, and it might take the rest of the century to fully unravel how being bathed in a sea of man-made electromagnetic radiation will impact humans and the other biological creatures we share a habitat with.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

You guys are supposed to post your own questions.

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this was so old.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Also wrong thread. This was intended for actual questions you might have that other people could answer
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Why are the colors of the four fixed signs of western astrology the same as the colors of the four gods of eastern astrology (black, blue, red, and white) but the cardinal directions they correspond to not the same?

This really bothers me B<
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Rajikaru wrote:Also wrong thread. This was intended for actual questions you might have that other people could answer
It's a legitimate question though.
Ivogoji wrote:Why are the colors of the four fixed signs of western astrology the same as the colors of the four gods of eastern astrology (black, blue, red, and white) but the cardinal directions they correspond to not the same?
This really bothers me B<
I don't know much about astrology, but I thought that the colors of the cardinal signs were green, yellow, blue, and red?