A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Locked
User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:33 am

  • Notice

    The SERVER INACTIVITY COUNTER DROPS TO 6
Enter Action: __________

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:33 pm

>Buy a weapon

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Chao31 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:33 pm
>Buy a weapon
  • Result
    The shopkeeper gives you a knife in exchange for seven coin since it was the only weapon you can afford.

    The knife is a simple stone dagger.
Enter Action: __________

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 pm

>Give over the money then use the weapon on a wild animal

User avatar
SwifterTheDragon
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:38 am
Motto: I am purple. I'm a dragon. What are you?
Location: My own dimension
Contact:

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by SwifterTheDragon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 am

Step on the hoverboard

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:29 pm

Chao31 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 pm
>Give over the money then use the weapon on a wild animal
  • Result
    You hand a coin with the number 7 on it. The shop keeper exchanges it with the knife in question.

    Outside the store, you see SwifterTheDragon and a few other people vanish. The wild animals you see area herd of sheep wandering around a giant pit just outside of the village along with some insects such as flies buzzing about in the village proper.
Enter Action: __________
SwifterTheDragon wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 am
Step on the hoverboard
  • Action Failed
    Your attempts to step on the hoverborard are thwarted when someone shoves you down and a woman takes your board then goes flying off towards the pit.

    Without warning, you are transported so a weird ethereal plane. You see the cosmos around. You also see a larger male looking person shining white with a rainbow aura along with a slightly smaller but still large woman that glows a more calming blue. Several people are around as well including, ConManMick, two of the holy grail knights, the woman who stole your hoverboard, a woman with floppy ears, a phoenix, a male and female, the guy in red robes and his companion and a third woman who the guy in red robes is carrying.

    She says in a voice you recognize from the essence of gravity, "Well done in obtaining my relic, now you have both of our relics and can proceed in finally freeing us from our lunar prisons."

    "To start with," Says the man with the equally familiar voice, "The key to our freedom is to break the three locks that keep us tied to the moons and this planet."

    "Two of the locks are on on our lunar surfaces, the last is the wizard Ilan himself." She explains, "The wizard is currently dormant deep within his fortress."

    The man continues "The locks look like hexagonal rainbow prisms. Not unlike large half buried transport gem."

    "Our artifacts are useless on their own but if you sheath the sword into the cup," She says, "You will be granted unlimited energy which will give a huge boost in most of your magics except for the two star mages, their magic works differently." She points to one of the holy grail knights and the guy in red robes.

    "We need you to split into two teams, one to kill the wizard Ilan to break his lock and another team to figure out a way to get to both of our lunar prisons to destroy that lock." The man implores, "As long as the wizard Ilan is alive, you will be unable to break the lunar locks since he has enchanted a powerful barrier around the locks. Also this mission is time critical, once Ilan goes the moons will become highly unstable."

    "Be careful," she says, "Both Ilan and the two lunar locks have ancient magic and servants protecting them. Time is short so you may choose which you would rather fight and ask a question."

    The woman with floppy ears bows and says, "It's always been my dream to bask in the presence of Jaküinti. I shall gladly join the team that wishes to assent to the heavens to free you. Your holy light shall guide us to victory."

    "I'd rather stay on Deru. I've never heard of anyone ever leaving the planet and I'd rather not be the one to test out if it's possible or not." The red robed guy's companion shrugs.
Enter Action: __________
Last edited by Annadog40 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 am

>Stab the sheep

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 am

Chao31 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 am
>Stab the sheep
  • Result
    You exit the village and head for the flock of sheep by the giant pit. You hear the sounds of many people moving about in the village behind you. You target a sheep and stab it in the neck. Blood pours out the wound as the sheep gives one last bleat before dying.

    When the sheep dies, feel a warm fuzzy glow and see a translucent pop up that says "You are now level one! You have one point to spend on any of the three options,

    Health bar; Energy bar; Experience bar;"

    You suddenly see SwifterTheDragon and several others along with a sword, cup and giant rocket-ship appear in the field. You see a group of soldiers leave the village and head towards you and the newly teleported group.

    One soldier gasps when looking at the sword and cup, "By order of Lord Aronis, relinquish the artifacts to the Chaystone army."​
Enter Action: __________

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:21 am

> Walk away and lie under a tree

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Chao31 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:21 am
> Walk away and lie under a tree
  • Action Failed
    Before you can walk very far, you are suddenly knocked to the ground by an intense wave of energy. You see someone sheathing a sword in a cup. You now have an extreme amount of energy.

    Before you can get up again, a soldier tackles you and puts a sword to your throat, "Give us the artifacts!"

    Just as quickly the soldier rolls off you and a giant pillar of water is summoned. You can see the same person who sheathed the sword is now holding it over a dead soldier. The remaining soldiers jet themselves up to the large river in the sky far above your head.

    You are still able put one point in a Health bar; Energy bar; Experience bar;
Enter Action: __________

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:54 pm

> Put one point on the hp bar

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Chao31 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:54 pm
> Put one point on the hp bar
  • Results
    In the upper left corner of your vision you see a gray bar with Chao31 written in the left corner. You also see a red bar inside it with some white text that reads 100/100.

    You see one guy look around while the red robed guy asks for info on the lunar prisons and how to get there.

    "Jaküinti and her brother have created this vessel to bring us to her prison." The woman with floppy ears says while gesturing to the rocket. "From there we must find the weak point. Her brother said 'The locks look like hexagonal rainbow prisms. Not unlike large half buried transport gem.'"

    The guy looking around finds SwifterTheDragon and ask him, the guy in red robes and the sword lady to join him. He grabs Swifter and runs into the rocket. The woman with the sword already went in. Floppy eared woman joins them as well.
Enter Action: __________

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:54 pm

>Back off To A Base with kind NPCs

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Chao31 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:54 pm
>Back off To A Base with kind NPCs
  • Results
    You head off to a base. The closest one you see is the village in the distance where you bought the knife. You back of to there.

    A nearby stall vendor asks, "Would you like to buy a transport gem?"
Enter Action: __________

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:11 am

>Yes

User avatar
SwifterTheDragon
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:38 am
Motto: I am purple. I'm a dragon. What are you?
Location: My own dimension
Contact:

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by SwifterTheDragon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 am

I think the moons seem like a better choice...

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Chao31 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:11 am
>Yes
  • Results
    "My Ilanfest gem costs five coin. If you don't have that, I do have a package I need to get to get this package," He brings up a leather pouch. You can hear several metal objects jingle inside it. "To Tichahí at the tavern. The tavern is right by the portal. If you get lost just ask a guard to direct you."
Enter Action: __________
SwifterTheDragon wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 am
I think the moons seem like a better choice...
  • Results
    Your vision flashes white, when the lights fade you appear on a rocketship along with ConManMick, the red robed guy, a floppy eared woman and the woman who stole your hoverboard. ConManMick climbs up to the pilot seat.

    When you appear in the rocketship, you feel a warm fuzzy glow and see a translucent pop up that says "You are now level two! You have one point to spend on any of the three options,

    Health bar; Energy bar; View Others Information;"

    The floppy eared woman says, “I know not many share and ask names around here but a friend of mine who helped me get here inspired me to share. My name is Tiasia'í. The Ti means I’m female and the a'í means I was born under the sun.
    I know that other cultures have different naming conventions, it is quite interesting, what is your name?”

    The red robed guy summons a deck of cards and asks, "do you fancy a card game, anybody?"

    Your experience is now 12/64
Enter Action: __________

User avatar
SwifterTheDragon
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:38 am
Motto: I am purple. I'm a dragon. What are you?
Location: My own dimension
Contact:

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by SwifterTheDragon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:12 am

(I thought I already levelled up, wouldnt I be level 3?)

>Define the three options to spend the point on

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:38 pm

>kill everyone in the village due to only having 1 coin

lebikyr
Egg
Egg
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:12 am

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by lebikyr » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:28 am

That's amazing!!! Our Made-with-Unity indie video game is a text-adventure! (gamebook-like with 3D toon lowpoly graphics, not the type-to-interact plain text type though) We don't want to be rude or inappropriate: can we post a link to our web page?

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 pm

SwifterTheDragon wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:12 am
(I thought I already levelled up, wouldnt I be level 3?)

>Define the three options to spend the point on
  • Results
    Your vision glitches briefly, when your vision stabilizes, you discover that you have two points to spend on any of the three options below. You also gain the elemental breath power.

    Health bar; Energy bar; View Others Information;"

    Based on how the experience bar worked when you selected it, you figure that the health bar would display your health and energy bar would display energy. View other would probably let you view something about other people.

    You hear the red robed mage say, "My name is Shamrock Womlbs. There are , and has been, plenty of Shamrock Womlbs in my family. Every now and then a new Shamrock Womlbs appears here or there.
    Once, or not, a year we all meet together and tell our Shamrock Womlbs's jokes and sing songs about our Shamrock Womlbs's ancestors. Everything in our very own and old Shamrock Womlbs's fashion style."

    The instant Shamrock Womlbs finishes his words, you feel a rumble and fall to the ground. You see everyone else do so except for ConManMick. Outside the window you see the ship gain altitude.

    Your experience is now 25/216
Enter Action: __________
Chao31 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:38 pm
>kill everyone in the village due to only having 1 coin
  • Results
    You quickly surprise the stall vendor and the village guard. The rest of the population catch on and begin running both out of town, into the portal or into houses.

    A few soldiers from earlier appear and one stands with a sword pointed at you, "I command you to halt, you're under arrest."
Enter Action: __________

playerlebikyr materializes
lebikyr wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:28 am
That's amazing!!! Our Made-with-Unity indie video game is a text-adventure! (gamebook-like with 3D toon lowpoly graphics, not the type-to-interact plain text type though) We don't want to be rude or inappropriate: can we post a link to our web page?
  • Action Failed
    You do not have any tools to post a link with.

    You see several people out of a village. The ground rumbles as a nearby rocketship blasts off. Multiple sheep in the area burn, others fall in the nearby giant pit.
Enter Action: __________

User avatar
Chao31
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Chao31 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:05 am

> Show the guards their biggest fear

User avatar
SwifterTheDragon
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:38 am
Motto: I am purple. I'm a dragon. What are you?
Location: My own dimension
Contact:

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by SwifterTheDragon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:28 am

Enter Action: Use first point on said second option, named 'Energy bar' and the second point on said third optoon, named 'View Others Information'.

(I feel as if I may be cheating. Is the default level value 0? Because I thought that I started out as level 1, then levelled up to level 2. I used previously mentioned levelling point on Experience Bar. I then recently levelled up again, putting myself at level 3, but your message said "Level 2", putting no valid reason to have yet obtained 2 levelling points ready for usage.)

EDIT: (After re-reading, I have verified that the default level is 0 instead of 1. I am only level 2. I only have one levelling point currently available for usage. Sorry for the confusion.)

User avatar
Annadog40
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by Annadog40 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Chao31 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:05 am
> Show the guards their biggest fear
  • Result
    You feel something deep inside of you click into place.

    A dark mist emanates from you and the soldiers begin screaming and running around. Some slash at nothing while others curl up on the ground.

    The village population are also affected. One villager runs into a soldier who cuts her dead. Soon chaos breaks out. People are attacking themselves and others. Several villagers and a few soldiers die.

    A few unaffected soldiers and villagers still in the village flee into the fields.
Enter Action: __________________________
SwifterTheDragon wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:28 am
Enter Action: Use first point on said second option, named 'Energy bar' and the second point on said third optoon, named 'View Others Information'.

(I feel as if I may be cheating. Is the default level value 0? Because I thought that I started out as level 1, then levelled up to level 2. I used previously mentioned levelling point on Experience Bar. I then recently levelled up again, putting myself at level 3, but your message said "Level 2", putting no valid reason to have yet obtained 2 levelling points ready for usage.)

EDIT: (After re-reading, I have verified that the default level is 0 instead of 1. I am only level 2. I only have one levelling point currently available for usage. Sorry for the confusion.)
  • Result
    In the upper left corner of your vision you see a silver bar with SwifterTheDragon written in the left corner. You also see a blue bar inside it with some white text that reads 100/100

    Your vision shimmers and you can see others energy and experience. You look at the red robed guy zoning out in a chair and see his energy is 100/100 and their experience is 0/64.

    "Greetings to you all. I am called ConManMick, and I hail from a very distant land indeed." ConManMick says. He offers refreshments.

    You see the floppy eared woman go up to ConManMick and quietly say a few words. She more loudly says, "We are close to freeing Jaküinti from her prison!

    You see the ship move rapidly away from the planet from your view of the window. The smaller blue moon grows larger and in a short amount of time, the rocketship reaches a stable orbit around the moon.

    The floppy eared woman presses herself up against the window.

    (your level 3, level starts at zero. You got your first level a while back then after meeting with the two moon people, got a bunch of experience and leveled up to level three. There was a level error for the first level update which is why it displayed at lv two. Sorry about the confusion.)
Enter Action: __________________________

User avatar
SwifterTheDragon
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:38 am
Motto: I am purple. I'm a dragon. What are you?
Location: My own dimension
Contact:

Re: A-Text-Based-Adventure-Game

Post by SwifterTheDragon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Enter Action: Press myself up against a seperate window.

(What I re-read was levelling up to level 1 from level 0, then levelling up to level 2 from level 1, but this message has been "corrected" into level 3 instead, leaving no message levelling me up to level 2. Just making sure that it makes sense.)

Locked