Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Locked
User avatar
Triert
G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.
Posts: 5682
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am
Motto: It is I
Location: The Frenchiest Fry

Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Triert » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Image

This is a Ramcoon

Image

This is the first thing I think of when I see a furry

I am having half of my body that wishes death upon all furries by the bullet and the other that tells me to kill them all with my bare hands while I look into their eyes and scream at them that their fandom is a group of perverts and their common inspirations leave their art similar.

So is it a furry? I talked to someone about it before and they called it a "funny animal" which I kinda agreed since I imagine them being some kind of race of sapient potato eaters instead of being disgraced by ugly fetish art on tumblr and deviantart.

I can show it to some people and they'll tell me "oh thats a furry" but what do furries actually judge whether or not something is a furry by?

User avatar
Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 pm
Motto: I an NOT Rubs
Location: Comet Observatory ⭐

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Pufflehugs » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:02 pm

I've had some similar things said about my puffle character, so I kinda get this. It basically depends on whether or not you see them as such.
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui
Modern Chao Island in a nutshell:
Mooncow wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm
get out

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "I hope no reflect lasers hit the reactor!"
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by chaoadventures » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:28 pm

The biggest difference I see is that a Ramcoon could easily pass as the mascot for some company, or the cute minor character that somehow gets plastered on all of the promo stuff for a game.

---

also the eyes

I'm 90% sure it's the way the eyes are drawn

snouts are important too but not as much if you ask me
Image

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.

User avatar
Nano
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 12253
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:50 am
Motto: My kickstarter failed, but that's okay!
Location: Union of Chaoviet Socialist Republics

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Nano » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:33 pm

I've met with my furry task force and we concluded that no

This is not a furry.
Image

User avatar
Pumpkinium
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Posts: 4225
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:37 pm
Motto: Face the crowd, and bleed for them.
Location: Pumpkin Hill
Contact:

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Pumpkinium » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:08 pm

it's only a furry if you're also a furry.
Image
|Listography|discord: Jhin#1115|

User avatar
Ivogoji
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 am
Motto: Yosh!
Location: Death Egg IV

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Ivogoji » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:15 pm

If you have to ask, the answer is probably yes.
Image
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

User avatar
Pumpkinium
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Posts: 4225
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:37 pm
Motto: Face the crowd, and bleed for them.
Location: Pumpkin Hill
Contact:

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Pumpkinium » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:17 pm

^ i disagree because the line on what is and isn't a furry is kind of unclear, but i can shed light on that.

a wild animal, such as a fox, is not a furry. it is a wild, feral animal that follows its instincts to live and thrive without the need for a human conscious that needs to be entertained with things like tv shows and video games.

a furry is something that appears to be an animal that has been manipulated by another furry. a wild fox is not a furry, an artist drawing a pencil drawing of a fox with no distinct differences from the real life fox is not a furry, however a fox that may still be feral but also represented in a human light, such as interacting with another fox using human patterns such as speech, or doing something a regular fox wouldn't do, is probably considered a furry.

of course this definition can be cleared up with much better wording but i think it's good as is.

so, a ramcoon is not designed to be a furry, it is designed to be an animal with real instincts and behavioral patterns that it evolved with. if a ramcoon was a biologically engineered creature, it's still an animal. if it can talk or interact on humanoid levels, it is a furry or the creation of a furry.

and for comparisons, yes, rocket raccoon from guardians of the galaxy is a furry.
Image
|Listography|discord: Jhin#1115|

Vaporwave
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:20 am
Motto:

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Vaporwave » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:49 am

all fursonas are furries you yiffbag
Image
Join SEGA Carnival - Yesterday is the new today!

Enter Vaporwave#0138 on your Discord-compatible device for inquiries.

User avatar
CasualCollision
Cute and Fluffy
Cute and Fluffy
Posts: 4131
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:16 pm
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...
Location: Where the heart is.

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by CasualCollision » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:51 pm

Well if we're going by this logic:
Image
Ramcoons are furrier than than that pic you posted, landing on a 4. The second pic on the other hand is a 3. Keep in mind however, that pic is a very generic boring and cringey sparkledog furry, whereas yours isn't. So I think it's fair to assess that 'furriness' and 'cringiness' are in two separate dichotomies that tend to go hand in hand, but not always.

Lamby
Goddess
Goddess
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Lamby » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:20 am

strangle me daddy, yiff yiff

User avatar
EvilPinkamina
Spooky Chao
Spooky Chao
Posts: 1724
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:51 am
Motto: $5.99

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by EvilPinkamina » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:52 am

yes triert, you're a furry.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere

User avatar
Triert
G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.
Posts: 5682
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am
Motto: It is I
Location: The Frenchiest Fry

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Triert » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:11 am

if i am then my life as one is hell because most furry art is ugly

Vaporwave
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:20 am
Motto:

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Vaporwave » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:03 am

This is your punishment.
Image
Join SEGA Carnival - Yesterday is the new today!

Enter Vaporwave#0138 on your Discord-compatible device for inquiries.

User avatar
Triert
G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.
Posts: 5682
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am
Motto: It is I
Location: The Frenchiest Fry

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Triert » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:09 am

after careful analysis of my folders i can confirm i am not indeed a furry

User avatar
EvilPinkamina
Spooky Chao
Spooky Chao
Posts: 1724
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:51 am
Motto: $5.99

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by EvilPinkamina » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:26 am

ok. counterargument:
Image
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere

User avatar
CitrusCat
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2708
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 pm
Motto: I just wanna play video games.
Location: Somewhere in the universe...
Contact:

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by CitrusCat » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 am

Anthropomorphic animals are generally considered to be "furry" characters, but you don't have to associate Ramcoons with that if you're really against it.

Although, let me say this: Not every single furry is a pervert. I consider myself a furry, simply because I strongly prefer animal characters over human ones. However, despite being a furry, I really dislike the sexual side of the fandom, and I especially hate the fetish art. That stuff just makes me sick, it's disgusting.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of sexual content within the fandom (although that also applies to a lot of other fandoms), and for that reason I do feel a bit disconnected from other furries. But what I'm basically trying to say is that a person can technically still be a furry without being involved in the inappropriate side of the fandom, since being a furry basically just means you like the idea of anthropomorphic animals. It's as simple as that.

Sorry if I went a little off-topic there, I just felt the need to explain that.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")

User avatar
Triert
G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.
Posts: 5682
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 am
Motto: It is I
Location: The Frenchiest Fry

Re: Please help me figure out if a Ramcoon is a furry

Post by Triert » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 am

That's just it, I don't care if it is technically one. I'm also not sure if I should really resist people calling it one either because that seems dumb too. What I want is answers.

That's why I asked on technicality, because there has to be a reason people consider Tony the Tiger a Bara but ignored the Cheetos Cheetah until he invited them in.

Locked