Homestuck fanclub (Without Gamzee, because **** that guy)

For all discussion about your usergroups or clubs. If you want to join a usergroup, or find members, this is the place to go to!
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Re: Homestuck fanclub (Without Gamzee, because **** that guy

Post by Flame »

This is shaping up to be pretty awesome. I can't wait to see in what ways Vriska's plan will go pear-shaped, unless she pulls it off without a hitch.

Also, is Dave<3Karkat canon? I wanna knooooow.
MeganAKTyler
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Oi, you! Yes, you! With the face! Yes! Hello!

Post by MeganAKTyler »

Part of me thinks that, PM might get distracted in the mess if she sees the mayor, and that might cause a mess in itself? //Shrug :herosurprise:
Dragons!
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Dave<3Karkat canon? Seriously? Dave stated he wasn't gay last week. They are more likely to have a bromance going on as well as the scourge sisters shipping the heck out of them just like the entirety of tumblr.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
MistressEnvy
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by MistressEnvy »

May I join, dears? :chaohappy:

Also, DaveKat will probably never happen but you can always dream...
I'm more of a CottonCandy [Roxy x Jane] or RoseMary shipper myself. Love me them lesbian ships.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Re: Homestuck fanclub (Without Gamzee, because **** that guy)

Post by CasualCollision »

So, I'm rereading Homestuck in preparation for this year's 4/13. Hussie's aiming for that date to end Homestuck. Rereading it kind of makes me sad. My social life was very different the last time I read this stuff. It kind of brings me back to that time.

Fingers crossed that the ending is any good.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Since Homestuck's end, Brainbent has been updating again. (Language warning, but it's Homestuck so...)
It's an AU that takes place in an RTC, if you're into that.
I really enjoyed it a long time ago and I might have to reread it now.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

Well, that's that. I re-read the entirety of the comic, and finished it as of about half an hour ago.

That was kind-of... I didn't expect Homestuck's ending. Which is what I expected to say, but I didn't expect to say it like this.
Spoiler:
It felt like it was totally played straight, and I'm not sure what to think. It felt more underwhelming than I expected, but it's entirely possible that the massive buildup and the length of it sorta played into that in a negative way? I didn't think there was anything overly wrong with the ending, I guess, but it definitely didn't feel like anything I had been expecting.
shotabunnyfairy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Well aint'chu a looker?

Post by shotabunnyfairy »

I know exactly what you mean, Flame! I felt the same way. Although, from what I hear, there is going to be an epilogue at some point in the future, so maybe that will end up clearing some things up? I hope so, at least.

(Also, not part of the members in this group.....dunno if I'm allowed to post or not, but I'd be happy to be added.)
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

You're more than welcome to post here. The owner of the group isn't active anymore, and no one really pays attention to that sort of thing.

I still stand by what I said in my thread. I can see why people are mixed about it, but I still give credit where credit is due. The animation was incredible. Normally I wouldn't fault some things to be up to interpretation, but I think the ending left too many things that way. The only conclusion we got is that they won the game and recolonized their planet. We don't know if the JuJu defeated Lord English or not, nor do we know when the four kids get sucked into it. Did that happen in different timeline, or does it inevitably happen later down the road in their new world, after all life ceases and they get sucked into Caliborn's dead session? Did they ever get to dropping off Gamzee where he needed to be? Maybe these questions were answered somewhere and I just missed them or forgot them, or perhaps they were only implied, like a lot of important facts were? I don't know.

Oh well, I still love Homestuck, even if the ending didn't live up to its hype, which probably was to be expected, honestly. I don't even care if the epilogue clears things up or not. I just want to see the characters doing their thing one last time.
shotabunnyfairy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Well aint'chu a looker?

Post by shotabunnyfairy »

Ah, okay, good to know!

And yes, it really was amazing to see! The animation was absolutely incredible. We have seen amazing animations in the comic before, but it was very clear there was tons of effort put into it, being fully animated in every way. But yes, that was really my main fault with it as well. I don't think they were answered, but I could be missing something too! And that is true. The fandom tends to hype things to the extreme. I wouldn't mind a few things being cleared up, but yes, that is really what I want to see as well! I'd really like to just see a little bit of the aftermath of them being on their planet and how things worked out for them, which I suppose I was partially expecting with the ending rather than it being so abrupt (or it at least felt like that). Hopefully the epilogue does just that!
ShadouZaHejjihoggu
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by ShadouZaHejjihoggu »

I dislike the ending because everything went without a hitch. Not a single thing went wrong with Vriska's plan, and also it essentially invalidated the usefulness of the Page class, making Jake essentially useless in the grand scheme of things. A lot of things were left unaccounted for as well. Collide felt like a buildup to a spectacular finale but then fell extremely short.
btw i cant beat the bailey fight