My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fanclub

For all discussion about your usergroups or clubs. If you want to join a usergroup, or find members, this is the place to go to!
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fanclub

Post by MoonDancer »

Now that I think about it,It would be a little much.
But you can't say there isn't any relationships in MLP.
(The Cakes & Princess Cadance & Shining Armor)
I'm just saying how cute it would be for an episode were There is a Pony as shy as Fluttershy and Rarity tries to introduce them because she has a little crush,I know it's probably not a good idea,but I think if they did it right it would be cute,same for the other Ponies.

I'm not saying my exact example but,you know what I mean.
Image I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a Freak. So I've been a Freak all my Life and I have to live with that,you know. I'm one of those people.
Marine_Chaos_Chao
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: That's just Grand-acious!

Post by Marine_Chaos_Chao »

As cute as it would be, I'm not expecting romance to be added in...UNLESS they can pull out a friendship lesson for it, and not go too into the relationship...who knows.

Off-Topic: There is just two things that has been on my mind as as of recent. First, the typewriters in "Pony Confidental". It's just two buttons typing it all out. My brothers say it's either binary code or Morse, but I find neither correct. So how is that able to make full sentences with only two buttons?
The other one is the mini pony collection...toy...things. Those bags that you can't tell until you open...hopefully you understand what I'm talking about. Anyways, I recently got Flower Whishes. Most of them are recolors of the original ponies (poor Fluttershy) and she was Pinkie Pie.
Then I notice her Cutie Mark, and looked real quick at my Flower Ponies Trading Card. Her cutie mark is the same as Daisy, only flipped. But also, HER COLOR SCHEME IS EXACTLY THE SAME! She is not only a Pinkie Recolor, but also a Daisy Rip-off!
'Allo Everyone! I'm Maci-Lena, and I've finally came back...you probably don't care, do you?
I'm a Mephiles fan, and recently an Eclipse fan.
I may decide to do commisions in the future, but for now, CI will be a place to be silly on.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

2 Ripoffs for the price of one.

But no, two relationships in the show does not justify or promote any evolving of romantic themes to overtake the main characters. We're supposed to be learning lessons in friendship here remember?

Also, their typewriters were made by the MST3K Foundation, where the slogan is "Don't think about minor details too hard."
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

ImageImage

casually tosses this into the fanclub
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Look, crossovers
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

FiM doesn't need to have romance, but at the same time, it doesn't need to not have romance. That said, if the writers decided to do more romance beyond Shining Armor and Cadence or Spike's crush on Rarity, I fear that the show might devolve into the kind of meaningless teen drama that there is far to much of on television already. If you are going to introduce love interests for any of the Main Six, for the love of all that is good and decent in this world, make it tasteful and don't turn the show into a kid-friendly soap opera.

Also, not counting the Cakes as an example of romance already in the show because we have seen no romance from the couple(hell, the twins were born without any prior mention that the Cakes were expecting). If you want to include them, you might as well includ Twilight's, Rarity's, and Pinkie's parents for what little screen time they have gotten.

Realistically, I see it like this:
Twilight: Too dedicated to her studies to consider seeking a romantic relationship, and probably wouldn't notice a guy being interested in her unless he came straight out and declare his feeling.
Fluttershy: Too timid to even consider talking to a boy she was interested in.
Rainbow Dash: If she has any interest in romance at all, she prbably harbors a secret crush on one(or more) of the wonderbolts.
Applejack: Seems as married to her work as Twilight is to her studies.
Pinkie: If not for the Kid-Friendly tone of the show, I would totally see her as the "casual sex" kind of girl.
Rarity: Gold Digger or possibly returning Spike's affections.

@Marine: 1. I think you are overthinking things with the typewriter. 2. It is my understanding that the MLP franchise has been recycling names, color schemes, designs, personalities, etc. since the beginning. Doesn't Applejack take her name from a G1 pony, and doesn't Rainbow Dash take her name from a G3 pony, her personality from a completely unrelated G1 pony, and who knows what other recycled material. That, and isn't one of the general shortcomings of the G4 Toyline being that the main six and the Alicorns are the only characters to get their own molds with everyone else using one of the main six's molds as their base?
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

I know it's going far and I don't actually Want the Show to be another Teen-Drama thing.By the way,I don't think Pinkie would be that kind of Girl just because she loves parties and always has fun.

And,as I said,I don't even know if If I want this idea or not,I was just thinking,If they made a Cool new friend,maybe it would be cute if one of them has a little Crush,(I suppose the whole Spike and Rarity things already enough but,)eventually be friends.Then I'm not saying for every episode,(Unless it actually kind of worked and Spike gets over his crush or something) Maybe one episode and then The special Pony has to Leave PonyVille and then say Goodbye.
And I'm certain there could be a lesson put in there.

It would be a cute story,I'm going to leave it at that.

Marine_Chaos_Chao wrote:As cute as it would be, I'm not expecting romance to be added in...UNLESS they can pull out a friendship lesson for it, and not go too into the relationship...who knows.

Off-Topic: There is just two things that has been on my mind as as of recent. First, the typewriters in "Pony Confidental". It's just two buttons typing it all out. My brothers say it's either binary code or Morse, but I find neither correct. So how is that able to make full sentences with only two buttons?
The other one is the mini pony collection...toy...things. Those bags that you can't tell until you open...hopefully you understand what I'm talking about. Anyways, I recently got Flower Whishes. Most of them are recolors of the original ponies (poor Fluttershy) and she was Pinkie Pie.
Then I notice her Cutie Mark, and looked real quick at my Flower Ponies Trading Card. Her cutie mark is the same as Daisy, only flipped. But also, HER COLOR SCHEME IS EXACTLY THE SAME! She is not only a Pinkie Recolor, but also a Daisy Rip-off!
And as for the Typing Pony,I think you're taking it a little serious...
And,I really don't like Re-colour toys.I used to have a Super Sonic that was basically a recoloured Sonic.
I seen some Pony toys with Decent design though.
And then I seen a few Not so good Designs like....Princess Cadance toy that doesn't look like her........
Image I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a Freak. So I've been a Freak all my Life and I have to live with that,you know. I'm one of those people.
Marine_Chaos_Chao
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: That's just Grand-acious!

Post by Marine_Chaos_Chao »

Sorry. I'm just too realistic. It'll still drive me crazy until I come up wit a logical explanation where two buttons make a sentence with words that they can read.

Also, I'm starting to think that they may stop throwing out friendship lessons every episode and start working on adventures. It doesn't mean that they'll stop. I think of this mostly because of the Nightmare Moon one. What kind of friendship lesson would you learn from sealing a moon princess into her moon?
'Allo Everyone! I'm Maci-Lena, and I've finally came back...you probably don't care, do you?
I'm a Mephiles fan, and recently an Eclipse fan.
I may decide to do commisions in the future, but for now, CI will be a place to be silly on.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Dr. Roivas wrote:ImageImage

casually tosses this into the fanclub
This tempts me too much to be an ass.
Speaking of Homestuck and Ponies, I found a related image.
^Ironically just like me. Just got to the trolls on Homestuck.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

I found this Pony Quiz and I thought it would be fun if everyone did the Quiz and Posted what Pony they got.

http://www.quotev.com/quiz/888694/Which ... y-are-you/

^ I got Twilight Sparkle on this Quiz.

http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/

^ I got Fluttershy on this Quiz.

Answer the Questions sincerely and honestly.

I am Twilight Sparkle.

And I am also Fluttershy.

I can see how I got these Ponies as my Results.
I am a Bookworm who has a thirst for Knowledge and thinks more about her Studies than anything else.
And I love animals,,I'm a Vegetarian who is very Shy when it comes to making friends and other social situations.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

First Quiz:

Second Quiz:

Yeah, yeah. I got Dashie twice. So? I gave my honest answers. I'll stand up for my friends if they're getting bullied but I don't pick fights with anypony. My favourite class is Gym class. Why? Because I get to compete against my classmates and beat the hay out of them!
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Every single pony personality test I've ever taken has said Rainbow Dash, so I'm not going to waste my time with those.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

^ You don't have to,Nobody's forcing you.
I just thought members of the Fandom might enjoy the 2 Quiz's.

And Rainbow Dash is a pretty cool Result. :wink:
MLP FLUTTERSHY
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by MLP FLUTTERSHY »

First and second quiz(I'm EeveeFan): Fluttershy
I am most like Fluttershy and a Mew :3 http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/mew.gif I'm mostly like a bird and a rabbit.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

MLP FLUTTERSHY wrote:First and second quiz(I'm EeveeFan): Fluttershy
That Avatar is SO Cute! x3
MLP FLUTTERSHY
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by MLP FLUTTERSHY »

Citrus made it <3
I am most like Fluttershy and a Mew :3 http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/mew.gif I'm mostly like a bird and a rabbit.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

for both of the quizzes i got the best pony of all...
Spoiler:

maynard james keenan!
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

^ Are you even a Brony?

And sorry I don't think that's funny.
It's immature and kind of Spam.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

I thought it was funny.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

MoonDancer wrote:^ Are you even a Brony?

And sorry I don't think that's funny.
It's immature and kind of Spam.
No one knows what Vince is. It's one of the world's greatest mysteries. Like Time Travel and Alien Species, only more mysterious.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

i like the show but hate being called a brony. simple as that.
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

Oh,well that's understandable.
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

MoonDancer wrote:I know it's going far and I don't actually Want the Show to be another Teen-Drama thing.By the way,I don't think Pinkie would be that kind of Girl just because she loves parties and always has fun.

And,as I said,I don't even know if If I want this idea or not,I was just thinking,If they made a Cool new friend,maybe it would be cute if one of them has a little Crush,(I suppose the whole Spike and Rarity things already enough but,)eventually be friends.Then I'm not saying for every episode,(Unless it actually kind of worked and Spike gets over his crush or something) Maybe one episode and then The special Pony has to Leave PonyVille and then say Goodbye.
And I'm certain there could be a lesson put in there.

It would be a cute story,I'm going to leave it at that.

Marine_Chaos_Chao wrote:As cute as it would be, I'm not expecting romance to be added in...UNLESS they can pull out a friendship lesson for it, and not go too into the relationship...who knows.

And as for the Typing Pony,I think you're taking it a little serious...
And,I really don't like Re-colour toys.I used to have a Super Sonic that was basically a recoloured Sonic.
I seen some Pony toys with Decent design though.
And then I seen a few Not so good Designs like....Princess Cadance toy that doesn't look like her........

I'm getting that toy from Argos(shop) on the weekend :0
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

MandoPony and AcousticBrony released the song, "Generosity"