THE ᴴᵒᶜᵏᵉʸ Rink

For all discussion about your usergroups or clubs. If you want to join a usergroup, or find members, this is the place to go to!
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

THE ᴴᵒᶜᵏᵉʸ Rink

Post by Crash32 »

This is the Cool Kids Who Like Overwatch Club. To be accepted into this exclusive club as a Cool Kid, you mustn't receive approval from the other users (because that's excluding anyone outside of our friends circle who'd like to join). Think of it as being nothing like a poll. If someone asks to join, the majority of the members don't need to agree on letting them in because anyone can join. This way, no one is really the leader. (edit: except I'm the leader rn in the sense that I have control over this post, and handling admissions atm, but that's it, there will not be more freedom and democracy in the future)

In this club we talk about cool kid things like dumb Overwatch strategies and silly Overwatch strategies and funny Overwatch strategies and think about old Overwatch strategies and whatever the heck else really (but only Overwatch strategies). Politics and social justice talk is not allowed (but yes, arguing is), if a strategy gets too heated it's best to just let it go so as to not fill the game with insane rolls. Additionally, no one can be kicked out of the club if there is overwhelming pressure from the rest of the members to do so (because you're capable of sucking it up and moving on).

:herocool: :cool: :darkcool:
CLASSIC STRATEGIES (2015-2016)
Hockey Team (double Lucio)
Portable Bastion (Mei boosting Bastion into unusual spots)
Windscreen Bastion (Reinhardt stands infront of Bastion)
Just playing Bastion (get play of the game)
Last edited by Crash32 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: THE ᴴᵒᶜᵏᵉʸ Club

Post by Rajikaru »

Sure why not
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

Hey Fox, guess what
http://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comme ... ked_again/
There's a swear in the title but CI seems to shorten the link
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

Well, here's my reason to actually buy this game now!
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: THE ᴴᵒᶜᵏᵉʸ Rink

Post by Crash32 »

Wasn't Zarya enough of a reason already?
Spoiler:
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

https://www.facebook.com/Rmonney/posts/1222567797777164

If this works, I have this to say

Personally Zarya came off very differently to me from first glance, but I can appreciate the way people appreciate her now over what she may have been intended as.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Zarya is by far the weakest character in the game.

Apparently rumours are she was originally designed because the developers were fully aware of the ****storm that would result of their current female roster (at the time Mei wasn't released, so every character had similar bodytypes and junk like that), so they wanted to expand it. It certainly makes sense - she's the only character so far that doesn't have a voiceline interaction with another character, she hasn't received any extended story media (comics or videos), nor has she appeared in any, and her story doesn't really seem to exist. She's just "big muscley russian chick".

Not to mention her gameplay, while nowhere near Symmetra levels of bland, definitely isn't the most engaging. Her M1 sucks and feels like nothing, she has very limited mobility, and her ult does no actual damage, so you need a coordinated team or full charge from your shields to make use of it.

I will admit that while I didn't like them originally, her Goth legendary skins are actually pretty nice, but her winter ones are miles better.
Last edited by Mamkute on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please censor all of a bad word.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

What was the current female roster around that time again?
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Everybody except Mei, D.VA, and Zarya from what I recall.
firetruckz 2 hes bac
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Blazze the cat is hot and sexe

Post by firetruckz 2 hes bac »

Can I Join
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Post by Pentagrami »

hello i want to join my name is jimmy and i think cr1tikal is an overwatch tactical genius
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Pentagrami »

alright so did ya'll see that ana is sombra...
im slightly upset tbh bc the lore seemed to suggest sombra would be a mexican hero since they were apparently based in dorado and had a lot of other context clues regarding that but nope. it's phara's mom.
i say slightly because i'm still super hype. i love the concept and i'll probably drop mercy for her when she comes out.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Ana isn't Sombra. It was confirmed on the subreddit. They're separate characters, presumably, or Sambra is something else entirely.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Pentagrami »

everyone's been saying so specially because of the shrike skin which is what everyone had been associating with sombra until now?? but ok sure if it isn't then great im hap
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

yeah, i'm pretty sure everybody thinks Ana's Sombra because Sombra was assumed to be Pharah's mother which is who Ana is, but I'm pretty sure Sombra is still up in the air
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Rajikaru wrote:Zarya is by far the weakest character in the game.
How? Her ult with a good team, hell not even a good team, just ONE good player can destroy the whole team. Plus her shield are the worst. Seriously, the amount of times I'm standing on a point defending it and some Zarya comes, ults, pushes everyone on the point to one position and then a Pharah or Genji Ult's on us, instantly killing all of us, getting a team kill and then winning the game because 8 second respawn times is way too high.

Every time I see someone switch to Zarya when we're pulling a good defense, I know what's going to happen and no matter how much I try to avoid it, no matter how many times I try to avoid her ult IT ALWAYS HAPPENS, and we ALWAYS lose because of it.

Unless something changed over the month that reply was posted?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Pentagrami »

from what i've seen zarya just need a bit of skill and practice to become a killing machine
i've rarely seen bad zaryas ever, usually if there's a zarya on the field the player feels confident enough to use it and mostly rightfully so
she's very useful in teams yeah but i've seen some tricklers do bad damage on their own once they've set up properly
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

retrolinkx wrote:
Rajikaru wrote:Zarya is by far the weakest character in the game.
How? Her ult with a good team, hell not even a good team, just ONE good player can destroy the whole team. Plus her shield are the worst. Seriously, the amount of times I'm standing on a point defending it and some Zarya comes, ults, pushes everyone on the point to one position and then a Pharah or Genji Ult's on us, instantly killing all of us, getting a team kill and then winning the game because 8 second respawn times is way too high.

Every time I see someone switch to Zarya when we're pulling a good defense, I know what's going to happen and no matter how much I try to avoid it, no matter how many times I try to avoid her ult IT ALWAYS HAPPENS, and we ALWAYS lose because of it.

Unless something changed over the month that reply was posted?
By weakest I meant in terms of story and connections to the lore. She's definitely one of the strongest team-oriented takes in the game, but she has basically no backstory except "she's a tough russian with a big gun that works out, hates omnics, and likes fighting", and her only character-to-character voiceline is one about how she doesn't trust Zenyatta. She desperately needs a comic or short to flesh her out more.