Pokémon X and Y.

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Re: Pokémon X and Y.

Post by ZipoCXG »

While I'm not ecstatic over Pokemon Bank's release, I am feeling a bit envious over the fact that other English-speaking territories are getting it before the states, but probably just 'cause it isn't the norm.

That said, I expect Pokemon Bank to be released for the US shortly as usually the time in between US/UK releases isn't that far apart (from what I've seen anyways).
Watch and wait to see how I am proven wrong later :/
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

Linds 269 wrote:
Flame wrote:I always find it kinda outlandish when Americans feel upset because Europe gets something first. Not sayin' you're upset or this applies to you or anything, Linds, but America gets like 90% of stuff first, and you don't usually hear a peep out of us.
I'm not jealous because you guys got it first? I'm jealous because the UK and Japan have it. Period. I just want it, but I'm not holding anything against the UK for it. That would be dumb.
I didn't think you were, which is why I included the part about it not applying to you. I'd never just turn on you like that, silly~

Still, I've seen this and the few actual games we get first be complained about due to this, which prompted my post, because as Zipo said, it's the norm for things to be released in America first.
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

POKEBANK OUT IN NORTH AMERICA
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

ZipoCXG wrote:I expect Pokemon Bank to be released for the US shortly as usually the time in between US/UK releases isn't that far apart (from what I've seen anyways).
Yay, I was right! But gee-whiz, I honestly didn't expect it to be just ONE DAY apart.
XD
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

I've been playing Y again, working on shiny hunting and just completing the pokedex and getting all the clothes.
I'm now only missing the evolutions of Spritzee, Slurpuff, and Honedge...and Z..ugh I forgot the name of the Z legendary. Either way, I'm just missing those for the Kalos region.
Still no working wifi so I can't do trades for them.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

^Zygarde.

Me and my friends are setting up a league at our school, so I've been making a water/fairy team with pokemon from past gens and new pokemon from this gen.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Well hacked mons are in full force now.
I'm done with trading strangers, most shinies are dupes, powerful event mon are hacked, etc.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

THE SOURCE WAS TRUE

JET PLANE LATIOS WAS TRUE

CHAO LEGENDARY WAS TRUE

FIRE/WATER POKEMON WAS TRUE!!!
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

That picture looks like a bug/fairy type from the upper left picture, which is slightly depressing. On the bright side though, it won't be Uber with that typing (presumably now that HP fire is easier to get with Pokebank/transfer) unless its stats are quite remarkable.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

^ It's actually Rock/Fairy.
- space for rent -
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

That is a much better typing. Only bad thing about it just from that is the x4 weakness to steel and the neutral on fighting. On a brighter side though, it combines the best offensive (rock) with one of the best defensive (fairy). Just gotta wait for the stats to judge its tier I guess, but I'm gonna guess either top tier OU or Uber unless its base stats are incredibly neutral (like a luvdisc)
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Assuming the Rock/Fairy type event mon is this Gen's "Fairy Legendary"(Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manphy, and Victini being the others), 100 Base Stats accross the board is a fairly safe bet. Also, does Steel type have enough good attackers for a 4x weakness to Steel to be a crippling flaw?
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Most of the steel attacks aren't TOO common but 4x even the weakest move --bullet punch-- would still do 160 power and it would have priority. Diancie would get wrecked by anything with a steel type move, and at a time where Scizor is a huge threat in OU competitive. Then again, I'm not that deep into the competitive scene, so take what I say with a bit of salt, because this is just theorycrafting at the end of the day.
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Midnite »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:Assuming the Rock/Fairy type event mon is this Gen's "Fairy Legendary"(Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manphy, and Victini being the others), 100 Base Stats accross the board is a fairly safe bet. Also, does Steel type have enough good attackers for a 4x weakness to Steel to be a crippling flaw?
Scizor's Bullet Punch, Heatran's and Magnezone's Flash Cannon, Metagross' Meteor Mash, Aegislash if it has Iron Head or Flash Cannon. Hell, ever since the fairy type came to be Pokémon like Garchomp and Kingdra have started to run Iron Head and Flash Cannon respectively.
- space for rent -
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Is everyone going to forget the other two leaked pokemon?
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Midnite »

I haven't, but is there really anything about them to currently talk about outside of rumors and smealum's leaks?

Speaking of rumors, that old one about Diancie's "Shining Jewel" ability is debunked since CoroCoro states that it's Clear Body.
- space for rent -
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Are there any leaked stats on Diancie? I've been thinking about what her role could be more and more and its bugging the **** out of me xD
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

She is related to Carbink in some form. We know that now.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

Apparently it's a mutation of carbink
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

600BST is no surprise, though I was expecting 100 accross the board(or is this generation's Mew one of the event mons that hasn't been officially announced yet?)
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Looking at the pokemon, I doubt Smogon is gonna tier it as uber.

The pokemon is related to Carbink though, it's pokedex entry says it 'transformed' from Carbink. What's your opinions on it, guys?
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I'm guessing that it's something of a legendary mutation of carbink.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

I was thinking it was something similar to Ditto and Mew.

Some argue that it's an evolution, some say it isn't because Carbink doesn't improve from an Eviolite (which doesn't have to matter, since it'd change in a patch).

Some argue it's the same as Manaphy and Phione, but that's kind of odd since you CAN catch Carbink.

Some argue that it's a mega evolution, but that's unlikely, since it got a new name.

Not to mention that the last 3 ideas seem a load of bollocks, seeing as that Diancie has their own Pokédex entry with a number far from Carbink. Sure, Rhyperior, for example, doesn't come right after Rhyhorn and Rhydon, but that was in a complete different generation.

It's still all arguable, but there being a Mewthree wasn't true either, which is what I love about Nintendo, they come with leaks that put us all on the wrong track, and they come with something most people didn't expect!
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

There was a video leaked that shows someone actually obtaining Diancie, and it says that it's a mutation of Carvink in the game.