Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Post by ShadriaFan »

Ok, just a general topic here. Talk about Red/Blue Rescue Teams, Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, and Gates to Infinity. Tips, Advice, Move sets, how to evolve Pokemon, anything!
I'm mainly starting this topic as I've started playing Red Rescue Team about 2-3 weeks ago and would like some help.
Red Rescue Team: I've beaten the main game, but at the Buried Relic event. I have 5 Pokemon that I'm working on, and want to finish grinding them up before trying to obtain Mew and the Regis.
Shadria-Raichu: Lv 37, Quick Attack, Brick Break, Thunderbolt, Shock Wave +1. I wouldn't mind getting a updated move set, but I don't know what to switch it to. I plan to level her up to 40-45 and Max out her IQ to obtain the Super Mobile skill.
Typlosion: Lv 38, Quick Attack, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, and possibly Ember. Really needs a updated Move set, and to level 40-45 as well.
Feraligatr: Lv 31, Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, Dive. I just got him from Wyvern Hill as a lv 29 Totodile so there is a lot to be worked on. New moveset and leveling is very much needed.
Marowak: Lv 28, Bonemerang, Leer, Bone Club, Headbutt. Leveling and moves are needed.
Machop: Lv 27, Karate Chop, Low Kick, Revenge, Foresight. Of course, leveling and moves. I do have a Link Cable for when he evolves into Machamp.
I have the 4 Wondermail only event dungeons, Oddity Cave, Remains Island, Marvelous Sea, and Fantasy Strait. (they have the codes to unlock them on their Bulbapedia pages)
I do use Wondermail codes that have been generated, although I do not use other forms of 'cheating' (as I do not have a GBA AR/Gameshark)
I don't remember my current team in Time, but in Sky I think I have a Lv 100 Ninetales and a lv 89 Lucario. I did use the AR for 999 HP and Infinite PP but after the main game I turned the PP code off. (Once you use the 999 HP it never goes away :I) I haven't picked them up in months. On Gates to Infinity, I am stuck in that boss battle against Purugly and Toxicroak on the Glacier Palace. I'm a Pikachu and my partner is a Axew. I don't remember levels or moves as I haven't touched it in months out of distress of being stuck there.
Anyone have tips on GtI or Red? And post any other questions or stuff as well! Happy exploring!
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
VoltTacklingPikachu
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Pikachu is awesome. Your argument is invalid.

Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Post by VoltTacklingPikachu »

I can't really help you with GtI, as I'm not very far myself. But in Red/Blue, use Thunderbolt. It's a great room clearing move. Much better than moves like Earth Power, which affect your party as well (unless you have IQ skills and/or items to prevent it).
Farewell, Chao Island...
Spoiler:
Rest in Peace, Roleplaying forum... (4/2/18)

I shall miss you... Thank you for all of the fond memories and lasting friendships you've given me over the years... I will forever cherish them... Even when you disappear forever, I will never forget you... You'll be safely tucked away in my heart... :chaocry:
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: How to cure an obsession: Get a new one

Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Post by moonsoul »

I recently picked up Explorers of Sky again because I want to beat the the harder Zero Isle dungeons, West and South. I use Mew as my leader because of its ability to learn any TM, which is helpful.

I'm not sure who my teammates should be when exploring Zero Isle West. I have access to almost every Pokemon, so you can suggest whoever if you have tips. In my first run, my teammates were the lake guardian trio, simply because I thought it'd be cute. It wasn't terrible, but I feel like there are better options.

South is just a doozy. I think the last time I tried I only got to level 27. I do my best to explore each floor to its fullest so I have access to plenty of items. I also make it a habit to battle as much as possible while using PP sparingly. I have a problem with being patient and still don't have a good knack for knowing when to run and when to fight.

Any advice?
Vampires smell good.