Megas. The good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
sheleby
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: "I'll be your final Dandy, Baby"

Megas. The good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Post by sheleby »

So most of us have played X and Y. So here's the obvious question from the title. Whats the best? And whats the worst?
This is completely opinion based. Not what some people call their opinions "fact"

SO LETS BEGIN

And more but currently I am too tired to post the others. I will edit it later.

But so far you've seen have of them.

Personally I like Mewtew Y. It's probably my favorite mega. The X looks like something from DBZ. I like DBZ but not for pokemon hahaha

But I like some of them but some of the others are too....bulky...in my opinion if it makes sense?
My Sylveon army is growing!
Join my anime/gaming community! V
http://animecommunity.freeforums.org/index.php
http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Sheleby click my eggs and pokemans c:
Friend Code? 1950-8298-6798
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: Megas. The good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Post by ShadriaFan »

favorite shiny: Image

favorite normal: mega absol

dislike: pinsir
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
sheleby
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: "I'll be your final Dandy, Baby"

Post by sheleby »

My favorite normal mega is Charizard X.
Fav shiny is Gengar
My Sylveon army is growing!
Join my anime/gaming community! V
http://animecommunity.freeforums.org/index.php
http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Sheleby click my eggs and pokemans c:
Friend Code? 1950-8298-6798
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Mega Kanga is so good that there's one in almost every current VGC team.
Mega Aggron is bad because no.
And Mega Mewtwo X is the ugly.
And Mega Lucario is the missing.
And Mega Gardevoir has no legs.
And Mega Absol is majestic as ****.
And Mega Manetric is ehhh....
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

You missed one
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
(i haven't beaten pokemon x yet, and i got it days after release)

ontopic, mega blastoise is good
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by tailsdolllover98 »

The latios is a hack on action replay a guy on youtube has latias as well and is giving away 999 he needs ur friend code though to do it as action replay blocks trading on gts which is a pain the *** so yeah not an easy mega to get.

I don't like pinsir,medicham,mewtwo X charizard Y looks the same as charizard just with arm wings heracross NO! Shiny Gengar and gardevoir best :3 love my mega lucario :3 aggron y u so bulky? Anyone got houndoomite going spare? I'll give u a mega garados (cannot spell its name at all :/)

Ninetales needs to mega evolve and so does rayquaza. Rayquaza is best dragon type (in my opinion)
In the kalos region, catching pokemon and and looking for shiny ones too! If you can't find me there I'll be in freddy fazbear's pizza trying to ward off chica/toy chica

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

This is bunny. Bunny loves everyone...will you love bunny

FC 3711-8758-2388

Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

In terms of appearance, Mega Absol, Ampharos, Scizor, Charizard (both X and Y), Houndoom, and Tyranitar all take the cake for me.

I love Megas that aren't solely based around a gimmick. I hate Mega Kangaskhan, purely and plainly. Mega Blaziken I dislike just as much as regular Blaziken, due to the ol "Speed boost Protect" strategy that everybody seems to love. Mega Heracross, while looking really cool, has Skill Link, which is an unfun ability to fight against. Tyranitar, Gengar, and Garchomp are all overused to heck, otherwise they're pretty cool (barring the dumb "third eye" on mega Gengar that just looks like Gengar painted it on). Otherwise I at least like all of the Megas.

On the topic of my favorites, it has to be Mega Ampharos and Scizor. Mega Houndoom is in second, and would probably be my favorite if it didn't have to rely on Sunny Day or Drought, which are only available on other fire-types (unless you put it on another type pokemon, and as far as I know Venusaur is the only other non-fire poke with Sunny Day on a viable moveset).
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

I have a thing or two to say about each mega.

Mega Venusaur: Great bulk, I really enjoyed using it, specially since it makes the best use of the ability that takes away half of it's weaknesses! People still don't seem to realize that's what Mega Venusaur does.

Mega Charizard X: Pretty good physical attacker, finally that damn dragon type! Though in hindsight, the typing kind of makes Charizard vulnerable to ground moves and adds dragon weakness (like, half of the psuedo legends are dragons) which is quite unfortunate. It does get rid of the electrical weakness and decreases the weakness for rocks, and expands Charizard's physical possibilities!

Mega Charizard Y: I FEAR this thing in double battles. It's quite bulky, has a great special attack and with that drought, gives huge heat wave damage. I do not like encountering one, which is pretty much all the time.

Mega Blastoise: Pretty much a stronger Clawitzer that takes away your mega spot. Not much else to say.

Mega Alakazam: Great increase to Alakazam's already great power, but I've been told Mega Alakazam is worse than Alakazam if played correctly. I do like the design with all the floating spoons.

Mega Manectric: Seems great in different tiers, but I never got to using Manectric.

Mega Banette: Prankster. Do I need to say more? I do. It has a HUGE attack stat! I love Mega Banette so much.

Mega Absol: I never felt like using Mega Absol since my Absol strategy required an item, but the ability is pretty good, even though I think Espeon has the same.

Mega Gyarados: Another bulky mega. I'm not really excited about the typing, kind of expected the water/dragon, which would have been a GREAT typing, since it's only weak to dragon (and fairy since gen 6 (**** you palkia >.>)). The ability in combination with that strong earthquake makes it hit levitaters hard, and I found it very useful to put it next to my guts Luxray.

Mega Gengar: Very strong and has so many shenanigans I didn't get into that much yet. Even as a special attacker, it does great anyway. The ability makes it special, only 2 other evolution lines can get it I believe. Not being able to switch out against this **** will ruin your day.

Mega Kangaskhan: Very strong, lots of shenanigans thanks to the mechanics the ability brings. Very overrated, since it's predictable and easily shut down with a ghost and/or will-o-wisp.

Mega Pinsir: Strong, though also pretty predictable pokemon. The ability sounds like a lot of fun, I don't know why I haven't used it yet.

Mega Aerodactyl: I have not used it yet, but it looks cool at least, though not that creative.

Mega Mewtwo X: I like how, just with the Charizard, it's a physical version. Though Mewtwo doesn't feel like it was meant to be a physical attacker, it's still pretty cool. In some way, it's just a stronger Gallade though.

Mega Mewtwo Y: There's two things I like about this. 1. It turned Mewtwo in the strongest pokemon again (special attack stat-wise) like it was originally supposed to be. 2. When it was announced, everyone thought it'd be Mewthree. Remember those times? Because I do. I prefer this one since it makes use of the nice special attack moves Mewtwo gets, like it's actual signature move.

Mega Ampharos: Fabulous. Also gets such GREAT special attack! The typing is a real issue though, it adds 3 weaknesses. I'd only get this one if I get hold of a shiny Mareep, honestly.

Mega Scizor: Very strong, underrated mega. It heals, it hits hard, it only has one weakness. His bullet punch in combination with his Technician ability really beats up fairy pokemon hard.

Mega Heracross: Another mega that does what other non-megas do, but possibly stronger. It's great that you can get off a Moxie boost before mega evolving though, but honestly, I wouldn't say it's that great.

Mega Houndoom: Haven't used it yet. Haven't even seen it in battle yet... I keep forgetting this mega exists, though it looks cool. It's most likely super outclassed by Mega Charizard Y.

Mega Tyranitar: Did Tyranitar really need a Mega?

Mega Blaziken: I don't really like the design. Also, gamefreak is obviously favorite here for their fire starters. This one is also one of the 3 starters in the series that need the evolution the least. It's gonna be less special now in the remakes, if every gen 3 starters are actually getting a mega. Blaziken might even get a second one if we follow the pattern...

Mega Gardevoir: Great special attacker and defender. The mega is gorgeous, specially the shiny one! I really love Gardevoir, and am very happy with this mega. It's not used a lot, unfortunately, but it goes down real quickly against physical pokemon to be fair.

Mega Mawile: I absolutely love Mega Mawile. Not more than Mega Banette, but it sure is satisfying to use, looks awesome, great typing, but is easily shut down by fire and will-o-wisp.

Mega Agronn: Huge defenses, but I wonder if the ability increases the defenses that much? It sounds good, but when you look at the percentages, it's really not a huge difference...

Mega Medicham: Very overlooked mega. Gets the same ability as Mega Mawile (but can have it without being Mega), has great attack and a huge diversity in his movepool. The 3 element punches, priority, great STAB moves... Yeah, this one needs to get more play.

Mega Lucario: BANNED FOR NO ****ING REASON. I swear, all you need to do is outspeed and hit it properly. Mega Lucario is super frail and goes down so easily, specially since there's no room for a focus sash. Does great damage though, specially with that ability, but it's easily killed, so I don't get what the fuss about it is.

Mega Garchomp: I'd classify this one under both "I'd only get it if I had a shiny", like Mega Ampharos, and under "It got a mega, it's worse than the mega, it didn't need a mega in the first place anyway". Rough skin rocky helmet Garchomp > Mega Garchomp. It looks pretty neat though.

Mega Abomasnow: OBAMASNOOOOW. It has alright stats, but it's movepool is pretty awful. It kind of forces you to run a mixed one instead.

Mega Latios/Latias: Unfortunately they look alike. I have no idea what they do, but was it really necessary to do this while they have their own item, the Soul Dew I believe?? It'd be much like giving Pikachu a mega evolution while it has the Light Ball.

TL;DR: My favorite is Mega Banette, least favorite is Mega Abomasnow.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Tobi wrote: Mega Houndoom: Haven't used it yet. Haven't even seen it in battle yet... I keep forgetting this mega exists, though it looks cool. It's most likely super outclassed by Mega Charizard Y.
Actually, it's better than mega Charizard Y in different ways. It has higher speed, much more powerful moves over-all (especially if Sun is up, ESPECIALLY Fire Blast or Overheat after a Sun/Solar Power/STAB boost), and an actually useful HP thanks to Solar Power. In fact, the only downsides to using Houndoom over Charizard Y is that it's easily predictable, incredibly frail even if Sun is up, and requires Sun to be up to be any better which pretty much negates Houndoom to Doubles/Triples. Personally, I'd really like to try Prankster Sunny Day/Fake Out M-Meowstic and Mega Houndoom, though that'd mean giving up my shiny Doubles Mega Ampharos' spot.

I'd probably even go as far as to say that Mega Houndoom would be the end-all better Mega if Sun's mechanics were reverted back to its mechanics in Gen V.

Oh yeah, and he can learn Nasty Plot, though I've never used it since I think Houndoom is too frail even with a Mega to make use of it.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa