Pokémon you were/are scared of.

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Pokémon you were/are scared of.

Post by chaoadventures »

Let's talk about Pokémon that have ether scared you in the past or even still do.

Personally, I was scared of every bug Pokémon (Spinarak was just freaky).
I was also scared of these pictures of Arbok.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
MetroidOtherkin
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Met/mets/metself prounouns, please.

Re: Pokémon you were/are scared of.

Post by MetroidOtherkin »

ANY ground type is HORRIFYING.
I am a PROUD Metroidkin. Met/mets/metself pronouns only.
MeganAKTyler
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Oi, you! Yes, you! With the face! Yes! Hello!

Post by MeganAKTyler »

A few pokemon terrified me when I was first playing that generation and they showed up, cant really remember all of them but I know Cofagrigas was one. Though after seeing them again and again that fear went away and needless to say still going for a shiny yamask. :heroblink:
Dragons!
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

I used to be legitimately scared of Haunter. The hands...THE HANDS!!!!!!!! :chaocry:
I like Haunter now, though.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Can't say a Pokemon ever scared me.(then again, I was at least 12 when I first played Red/Blue back in the day, and Gold/Silver released in the US the day after my 14th Birthday). Realistically, just about all of them would be terrifying to face in real life though. Seriously, just imagine how dangerous a truly feral Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, or Pikachu would be, and those aren't even mons that qualify as walking disaster areas.
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

snorlax use to scre me because of how it would smother other pokemon by mistake and how my cousin use to smother me when i was little
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

Do the Glitchmons count at all? I used to be terrified of Missingno. as a kid (and especially 'M -- seriously, imagine encountering a "Pokémon" that's "named" Image at the age of six) and the possibility of encountering one, to the point where I avoided going anywhere near the Old Man after the first time in a playthrough. I remember also watching a video on Youtube years back when Diamond and Pearl were still new, where the uploader encountered the invisible shiny Bulbasaur , which wigged me out to the point where I NEVER went into Oreburgh Mine without using Repels.

While not really a "glitch", I do find something unsettling about poorly-hacked Pokémon that were "met at level 0" in their summary, although it's probably more of a personal distaste/feeling like it doesn't seem right to keep.

Otherwise, while the glitches still tend to disturb (and fascinate) me to this day, no actual Pokémon have ever scared me in the slightest.
Last edited by Midnite on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- space for rent -
Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

I was always scared of that Ghost in Gen I.
The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.
ZeroAlpha
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: ⍟ Prince Dignity ⍟

Post by ZeroAlpha »

When I was younger and played Pokemon Ranger a lot, I used to find Weepinbell slightly creepy; its large, googly eyes and the fact that it would abduct your trainer if s/he was too close to one didn't settle well with me. But in general, I've never found any Pokemon legitimately scary or frightening; the closest I've ever come to that was the above story and a bit of a dislike for Vileplume one year after getting off of a long Animal Crossing kick (owed to a hatred of the rafflesias in those games, since they actually do creep me out a lot more than they should).