[SA2B and SADX] Breeds

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 13 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

[SA2B and SADX] Breeds

Post by Crazo3077 »

Normal Chao
These Chao are the original Chao found in every game that has a Chao in it. They have a very dramatic change in colors depending on how they are raised. The only way to obtain these Chao is to start a new Chao Garden.

Color Chao [SA2B]
These Chao are the are a solid color and come in Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Lime Green, Green, Sky Blue, Blue, Purple, Brown, White, Grey, and Black. They remain the same color for their entire life. The only way to obtain these Chao is to buy them from the Black Market. You cannot breed two Color Chao together and expect a different color.

Color Chao [SADX]
These Chao are the are a solid color and come in Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Light Green, Green, Aqua, Blue, Purple, Brown, White, Grey, and Black. They remain the same color for their entire life. The ways to obtain these Chao are by buying them from the Black Market or getting the Black Egg from the Egg Carrier. You cannot breed two Color Chao together and expect a different color.

Two-Tone Chao
These Chao are Chao with highlights, like Normal Chao, that which come in the same colors as the Color Chao. They change colors depending on how they are raised. The only way to obtain these Chao is to breed a Normal Chao with a Color Chao.

---Two-Tone White Chao
These Chao are Two-Tone Chao that act in a way that has to be pointed out. When you breed a Normal Chao with a White Chao, you can get a Two-Tone White Chao. It will look like a Normal Chao when it is born, but if you change its alignment to dark you can notice that instead of red details on the body, the Chao will have white or light blue details. It will look just like a Normal Chao if raised to be a Hero Chao or any Chaos Chao.

Because it was thought that Two-Tone White Chao were rare, they were given the nicknames "Blitz" Chao and "Guardian" Chao, for their Dark and Neutral evolutions, respectively. Since it was revealed that they aren't so very rare, these nicknames are a bit silly to be using.

Mono-Tone Normal Chao
These Chao are the mono-tone version of the Normal Chao. They change into the base color of the Normal Chao's evolutions. The easiest way to obtain these Chao is to breed two Two-Tone Chao together, but it isn't the only way. You cannot breed a Normal Chao with a Color Chao and expect a Mono-Tone Normal Chao.

Jewel Chao [SA2B]
These Chao are Chao to resemble precious rocks, coming in the colors Silver, Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst, Emerald, Garnet, Aquamarine, Peridot, Topaz, and Onyx. They remain the same color for their entire life. There is no way to obtain a Jewel Chao without an outside source, such as a Tiny Chao Garden.

Jewel Chao [SADX]
These Chao are Chao that resemble precious rocks, coming in the colors Silver, Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst, Emerald, Garnet, Aquamarine, Peridot, Topaz, and Onyx. They remain the same color for their entire life. The only ways to obtain these Chao is finding the Gold Chao in Station Square and the Silver Chao in the Mystic Ruins.

Shiny Color Chao
These Chao are shiny versions of the Color Chao. They remain the same color for their entire life. The only way to obtain these Chao is to buy them from the Black Market.

Shiny Two-Tone Chao
These Chao are shiny versions of the Two-Tone Chao. They change colors depending on how they are raised. The easiest ways to obtain these Chao are to breed a Normal Chao with a Shiny Color Chao or to breed a Two-Tone Chao with a Shiny Color Chao.

---Shiny Two-Tone White Chao
These Chao are Shiny Two-Tone Chao that act in a way that has to be pointed out. When you breed a Normal Chao with a Shiny White Chao, you can get a Shiny Two-Tone White Chao. It will look like a Shiny Normal Chao when it is born, but if you change its alignment to dark you can notice that instead of red details on the body, the Chao will have white or light blue details. It will look just like a Shiny Normal Chao if raised to be a Hero Chao or any Chaos Chao.

Shiny Normal Chao
These Chao are the shiny version of the Normal Chao. They change just like the Normal Chao does. The easiest ways to obtain these Chao are to breed two Shiny Two-Tone Chao together or breed a Jewel Chao with a Shiny Two-Tone Chao, but they aren't the only ways.

Shiny Mono-Tone Normal Chao
These Chao are the shiny version of the Mono-Tone Normal Chao. They change into the base color of the Normal Chao's evolutions. The easiest way to obtain these Chao is to breed two Shiny Normal Chao together, but it isn't the only way.

Shiny Jewel Color Chao [SA2B and SADX GC]
These Chao are...very complicated to explain. They come in three forms: Invisible Chao, Transparent Chao, and Pseudo Chao. The easiest way to obtain these Chao is to breed a Jewel Chao with a Shiny Color Chao, but it isn't the only way.

---Invisible Chao
These Chao are Shiny Jewel Chao that appear invisible. They will remain completely invisible, except for their eyes, mouth, wings, and emote ball. The easiest way to obtain these Chao is to breed a Jewel Chao with a Shiny Yellow Chao, Shiny Lime Green Chao, or Shiny Grey Chao, but it isn't the only way.

---Transparent Chao
These Chao are Shiny Jewel Chao that look like Shiny Two-Tone Chao that you can see through. They change colors just like Two-Tone Chao. There are eight different Transparent Chao, and they each have a specific level of transparency.

Highly Transparent Chao are a high level of transparency.

Shiny Jewel Green Chao - Highly Transparent Two-Tone Yellow Chao
Shiny Jewel Sky Blue Chao - Highly Transparent Two-Tone White Chao with a Yellow Tint
Shiny Jewel White Chao - Highly Transparent Two-Tone White Chao with a Green Tint
Shiny Jewel Black Chao - Highly Transparent Two-Tone White Chao

Lowly Transparent Chao are less transparent than Highly Translucent Chao.

Shiny Jewel Red Chao - Lowly Transparent Two-Tone Green Chao
Shiny Jewel Orange Chao - Lowly Transparent Two-Tone Yellow Chao
Shiny Jewel Blue Chao - Lowly Transparent Two-Tone White Chao with a Blue Tint
Shiny Jewel Purple Chao - Lowly Transparent Two-Tone Sky Blue Chao

---Pseudo Chao
These Chao are Shiny Jewel Chao that look like real Chao, or like they could be real Chao, but have some slight differences. They change colors just like Two-Tone Chao. There are three different Pseudo Chao.

Shiny Jewel Pink Chao - Shiny Two-Tone White Chao with a Green Tint, also known as the "Mint" Chao
Shiny Jewel Brown Chao - Shiny Two-Tone White Chao
Shiny Jewel Normal Chao - Shiny Normal Chao

Shiny Jewel Color Chao [SADX PC]
These Chao are Chao that look like Shiny Two-Tone Chao, but are genetically different. They change colors just like Two-Tone Chao. The easiest way to obtain these Chao is to breed a Jewel Chao with a Shiny Color Chao, but it isn't the only way.

(I don't have a list for the SADX PC Shiny Jewel Chao because a lot of them don't even resemble real Chao, so pictures would be more appropriate than descriptions.)
Last edited by Crazo3077 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Auram
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: [SA2B and SADX] Breeds

Post by Auram »

Nice guide Crazo!
My favorite Chao: Hero Swim/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue & Neutral Fly/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue
arks
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by arks »

Shouldn't it be translucent instead of transparent?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

I discussed the names with Fusion and he explained that transparent makes more sense, by definition.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

I noticed an error in the 'SADX Colour Chao' section. You said 'Light Blue', when it is actually referred to as 'Aqua'.

Otherwise, a very nice, well thought out guide! Well done Crazo! C:
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>
Auram
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Auram »

^
Exactly. Crazo you might be confusing Light Green with Aqua.

Code: Select all

Don't quote the above post ~JmTsHaW~
My favorite Chao: Hero Swim/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue & Neutral Fly/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

I couldn't remember, so I typically just type Light Blue out of habit. My problem is that I've probably seen it was Aqua and consider it when typing, but I'm very used to Sky Blue and how the Memory Editor for SADX PC called it Cyan. I'll correct this.
Auram
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Auram »

I just remember it because Two-Tone Aqua is my fave.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a

Post by Mel Mel »

Two-toned Aqua? Isn't it Sky Blue? Because Aqua is a Jewel Chao, right?
(12:15:40) Tobi: no, mel only owns young children
(12:15:46) Tobi: in his basement
(12:15:47) Tobi: i mean what

(17:44:45) Dr._Roivas: eevee.......just like......
(17:44:48) Dr._Roivas: what even are you??????
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Aquamarine is a Jewel Chao. Aqua is SADX's name for Sky Blue.
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chocolatethestarchao »

Crazo3077 wrote:I discussed the names with Fusion and he explained that transparent makes more sense, by definition.
TransPARENT means completly see through, like plastic wrap.
TransLUCENT means somewhat see through, but not complelty
Star chao are awesome.
CHeck my rp, http://thechaogarden.webstarts.com/index.html
Want to bring back chao? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4b-ctf1xSk
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

• Transparent: "Having the property of transmitting rays of light through its substance so that bodies situated beyond or behind can be distinctly seen."
  • Translucent: "Permitting light to pass through but diffusing it so that persons, objects, etc., on the opposite side are not clearly visible: Frosted window glass is translucent but not transparent."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparen ... anslucency
http://science.jrank.org/pages/1593/Col ... paque.html
Krys
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Krys »

Err... Fusion, I don't think that you are correct. :| Sorry.

I mean, grab a non-Invisible Chao (in the high translucency-low translucency range) and stand behind it. You can see your character's legs but not as well as they would appear without the Chao in the way.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

You can't see it as well because you have your Chao in the way. You can still see your character's legs clearly; the image is not diffused. Therefore, it is transparent.

See this image for an explanation of how transparency differs to translucency:
http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14182 ... 2_41_2.jpg

See these images for how a transparent Chao looks, and then how a translucent Chao might look:
http://chao.tehfusion.co.uk/uploads/transparent.jpg
http://chao.tehfusion.co.uk/uploads/translucent.jpg
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Actually, a translucent chao would make it so you can see the person, but the image is not clear. a transparent chao would be completly see through, to the point were the image is compleltly visible.

Translucent chao would make your character look the color the chao is, transparent wouldn't do anything.
Star chao are awesome.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Allow me to explain two things to you, Chocolatethestarchao.

1. Fusion is right 99.99999% of the time. This is only a tiny bit of an exaggeration. The only way to believe Fusion is wrong is to not understand what he is trying to explain.

2. Fusion is trying to explain that the term Transparent means that you can still see the same shape when looking through it, but it has a physical appearance. Translucent means that the image on the other side is distorted when looking through it.

Think of it like this. A window, like one in your room, should be Transparent. You can see through it and everything looks as it would if you were to take the window away. If your window were poorly made, or specially made, the shapes would be distorted and look strange compared to not having the window there, making it Transparent.

A Shiny Jewel White Chao, when looking through it, maintains the shape of what is on the other side. Yes, it appears like a colored filter was put over it, but the fact that it changes the color does not make it Translucent. Transparent and Translucent are defined by the shape of what is seen on the other side, not the color.

Unfortunately, I just realized an amusing fact. Because all Shiny Jewel Chao that can be called Transparent has the Shiny Bubbles (the little details on the Shiny Chao that makes them different from the Jewel Chao), so one could use that to argue that it is Translucent, but it is hard to say.
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

I always thought that translucent also involved color... weird. Is it ok if i just call them translucent? cause that's what i'm used to
Star chao are awesome.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Call them as you like, but I will be calling them Transparent Chao from here on out, though they are ultimately just Shiny Jewel Chao.
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Ok. And the invisible chao just invisible then? ok. So, when making "shiny Jewel cHao", do they need to be from SADX? :darkblink: I've been trying with a shiny from SA2B, but all i get are MTNs, Regular shinies, and jewel chao. NO translucents.
Star chao are awesome.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

No. Shiny Jewel Chao have to be from the Gamecube to be Invisible or Transparent. When making one, it helps to make sure they are pure, meaning they have no parents and were either found somewhere or bought from the market. It is likely that one of the Chao you are using is impure, since there should only be Shiny Jewel Chao and Jewel Chao results when making a Pure Shiny Chao with a Pure Jewel Chao.
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

maybe i was. I was using a shiny white chao with a silver chao from the tiny chao garden. Maybe i ahould by another shiny chao from the Black Market

Here's a youtube person who did all the shiny jewel chao combos, or most http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TFqOWV93tE
Star chao are awesome.