[CA] Chao Sprites

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 3 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

[CA] Chao Sprites

Post by Crazo3077 »

Sprites of the Chao from Chao Adventure
ImageImage
Note - Limited to no connection, so Mating and Battle sprites were unavailable. Also, Chaos Chao sprites are broken and the few that could be obtained had to be pieces together.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Auram
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: [CA] Chao Sprites

Post by Auram »

I love the eyes on these guys!
My favorite Chao: Hero Swim/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue & Neutral Fly/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Okay. Turns out I was only assuming that Battle was a connection option, so I will be expanding my sprite sheet to include the Battle sprites soon.

If anyone knows any information on connecting two emulators running the VMU, I'd enjoy receiving a PM about it. Just don't forget rule four.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

This is good, i don;t believe anywhere has this. Nice work :cool:
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Nintendawg
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "With a big enough lever, I can move the world."
Location: My soul's in the 7th dimension, but my body is in Southern California.

Post by Nintendawg »

^MOONCOW HAS POSTED RECENTLY! AMAZING!
Text my cell phone: 661-874-7568
Dropped by on March 21st, 2017 for nonstalgia's sake lmao.
Visited again on March 25th, 2021. Old friends...hope you are well.
Once more stopping by on January 17th, 2022.
Another visit on October 8th, 2023!
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

My posts are always epic enough to bring Mooncow to them.
Nintendawg
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "With a big enough lever, I can move the world."
Location: My soul's in the 7th dimension, but my body is in Southern California.

Post by Nintendawg »

^Crazo3007 is a Mooncow magnet! This beith my 300th post.
Text my cell phone: 661-874-7568
Dropped by on March 21st, 2017 for nonstalgia's sake lmao.
Visited again on March 25th, 2021. Old friends...hope you are well.
Once more stopping by on January 17th, 2022.
Another visit on October 8th, 2023!
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

To help further the project of the Chao Sprites that you are making, as well as me to get sprites not anywhere else, info I can tell you is that the Japanese Chao Adventure has fixed Light Chaos Chao Sprites. Also, the English Light Chaos Chao Sprites when pieced together, actually reveals what appears to be unused Sprites!

Also, I've discovered how the sprites work in Chao Adventure.

Basically there are three aspects that make up the sprites; a 24x24 Box, the Sprite itself, and a "Shadow". (Although the box may be unrelevant) The box is used to where to place the whole sprite. The Sprite is the sprite, of course. The "Shadow" is something we can and cannot see. The "Shadow" is used to hide any black pixel so it won't interfere with the sprite. (Although sometimes the shadow fails to do it's job due to where it's actually at.)

I have a spritesheet that I'm working on as I've said, to get all the missing sprites, but it's far from complete, especially due to the "Shadows".

I can safely say the only sprites we are missing are the Mating Sprites, if any, and some miscellaneous sprites as well.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Itachi Uchiha
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: What we see is not always the Reality...

Post by Itachi Uchiha »

Image It took me 3 Months to draw this... :darkcool:
You still do not possess the same eyes as me. And you know what? You never will...! :darkblink: :heroblink:
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

To help here with the Chao Sprites, and to keep everyone informed, here's my Chao Sprite Sheet. It has a few customs in there, and sprites from Sonic Adventure but not Chao Adventure, but they're part of the same game. Currently, every type is finished except Chaos which is very close!

When the sprite sheet is complete, I'll make a separate post about it.

Remember that "Shadows" are a part of the sprites too! I'll work on those after I get the full spritesheet. Thanks to savestates, I can draw out the shadows no problem! If you have any questions, be sure to look at my above post first!
Last edited by UltimaNumber on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My YouTube stuffs
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

I want to thank everyone who contributed here recently and hope that some people here reupload images they had if they can.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

So, a quick question for anyone following on the Chao sprite sheet we are making, since I'm including sprites exclusive from Sonic Adventure, should I keep the sprites in there since they're both part of the same game? Also, I don't know or remember if this is in a FAQ, but does anyone get notified every time I edit a post here since I said I would every time I get in another type? If not, then I don't want to leave behind a link that no longer has that version of the sprites, and having editing it, no one gets notified, they'd have to check here every time.

I would prefer getting a private message for the answer, I would like to delete this when I get an answer.

My YouTube stuffs
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

So, just to update anyone following this, my spritesheet is technically complete, but there's still 1 mystery left and that is if Garbled Chaos Chao has different sprites in battle facing left and right, for all we know they could actually be different. We can view this if we have two VMUs with at least one having a Chaos Chao, but only on the English Version, as Japanese doesn't have them garbled. Another thing I'm working on with these sprites is the "Transparent" parts of the sprites, as that is indeed part of the sprite and determines how the sprite will fit in the map background. Thanks to save stating, this is far more easier to rip. When that is complete, I'll update the spritesheet. But for now, I'll edit the current version to have everything except the transparent parts as soon as I can!

My YouTube stuffs
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

This is really good! Thanks! We will definitely use this.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.