[SA2(B)] Fastest animal locations.

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 week old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Re: [SA2(B)] Fastest animal locations.

Post by Pumpkinium »

In Radical highway, before the part with the spiral of doom springs, there is a set of boxes below the ledge, if you break them, theres should be a Raccoon that pops out.
help me
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

For the warthog in radical highway, isn't there one when you enter the level, and get to the first split loop ontop of the black/yellow thing where the split starts?
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Onfer
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Onfer »

^Yeah, that one is kinda hard to notice, but it's there.

And for the Hero Story rabbit, the fastest one I can think of is in City Escape. After you do the beginning part through the street, if you destroy the boxes on the left and whistle I think a rabbit always comes out.
Get a load of THIS.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a

Post by Mel Mel »

Otter: Dark- Go to the Lagoon stage for Rouge.(Can't remember the name. XD) Get a Chao Box and then the second Chao has a chance of getting an Otter. Then, go to the other side of the lagoon. On one side, there will be a small pool of water, surrounded by 3 heads. By there is a canoe. There is another otter. The last otter is on the other side so just fly across the lagoon. Dive into the water and on the pedestal where the statue is sitting, an otter will be near there.
(12:15:40) Tobi: no, mel only owns young children
(12:15:46) Tobi: in his basement
(12:15:47) Tobi: i mean what

(17:44:45) Dr._Roivas: eevee.......just like......
(17:44:48) Dr._Roivas: what even are you??????
EliOceans
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by EliOceans »

Fusion, as for the Rabbit, I know a place for the Hero Side. In City Escape with Sonic. Right after you get off your 'snowboard', break the boxes to the right, and whistle into the pipe. Either a Raccoon or a Rabbit will come out. That's the quickest way I can think of atm.
Pssst. Thanks SonicRainboom for the avatar!
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

Fusion wrote:Image Penguin:
  • Dark: No known method.
Dry Lagoon, get one by picking up a stone on the edge in the large lagoon area, or pick one up at the entrance of the underwater jail.
Image Otter:
  • Hero: No known method.
Hero: Prison Lane, shoot the metal boxes to form stairs to go up the platform where an Otter is in plain sight
Dark: Any far end in the water (statue or stone faces) of Dry Lagoon in the larger lagoon area.

Warthog: (Hero) head to the spinning spike traps underneith Train Station Mountain
Image Gorilla:
In Eggman's first level there should be a pipe to whistle that contains one.
Image Tiger:
[/list]
Should be in a pipe somewhere near the beggining at Sky Rail
Image Bat:
  • Hero: No known method.
Pumpkin Mountain, go to Train Station Mountain to whistle in a pipe OR break the wooden creates there OR go to Church Mountain and free one in the cage.

Unicorn: (Dark) go the Dry Lagoon and whistle in the centre of the circle in the central platform at the large lagoon area
Metalsonic3
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Metalsonic3 »

Since I pretty much posted these to wrong topic earlier, lemme repost em here :P Basically, some good ways to get some power/swim/run/fly stats and other things, in other ways than the usual ones. I don't use all of these myself, but yeah :P

Power: Death Chamber - Tigers and Gorillas
Move forward to the middle room from the start. Once you get to the room with the Gamma-looking robot, kill it and grab a gorilla/tiger if it drops one. Now turn around, above the door you came in should be two flames. On the left side, there's a pipe that always has tiger or gorilla in it. After this move on forward once more by flipping the hour glass and braking the metal boxes to the big room of this stage. Around the round.. thing in the center of the room runs a tiger. If you're fast you should be able to catch the tiger before you lose sight of it when you get into the room.
At best you got 3 power animals! Just restart the level now.
Time taken: 20-30 seconds.

Swim: Prison Lane - Otters (and possibly yellow chaos drives)
Go on from the first room to the second area of the stage where you see black and iron boxes in L shape. Break the lowest iron box and jump your way on the roof of the hallway, where you'll find and Otter. Move forward to the spring and you'll get an extra life. Now just restart the level. No need to worry about losing lifes ofcourse thanks to that 1-up.
Time taken: 15 seconds.

Fly: Mad Space - Peacocks and parrots
WTFOMG I HAET MAD SPACE!!1 Well, It can be pretty nice place to get some Fly type animals.. not too fast.. but somewhat! Ofcourse pyramid cave and metal harbor are probably better methods, but this one works somehow too.
From the start, jump down to lower ledge and put your treasure scope on. Look for 1up and grab it. Now jump outwards from the ledge and start gliding the place around to the right. After just a second or two you should find a small platform (attached to the starting area) similiar to those far away from this starting area in a ring shape. Get on this platform and you'll find a tube. Whistle on it and you'll get a peacock or parrot! Now restart the level.
Time taken: 15-20 seconds.

Run: Green Forest - Cheetahs and Rabbits (and possibly chaos drives)
At the start of the level when you land down from the booster jumper thing and see the three gun robots, turn right and jump behind the log.. thing. You'll find a bunny. Now kill the robots so they won't annoy you, and go under the floating small platforms on the left. You'll find two mushrooms. Throw the left one off and you'll get a cheetah or a rabbit! Restart time.
Time taken: 15-20 seconds.

Now for some other ones:

Raccoon: Metal Harbor
Right at the start of the level, hold right and you'll grab a raccoon with you.
Lol I'm original and clebur.
Time taken: 1-2 seconds.

Dragons and Condors: Wild Canyon
Let the wind take you up right away and go to the right path. On the right side of this path you can find two condors in total. After this move on forward to the big.. glyph whatever thing at the back of the room and dig in the middle of it to get through. You'll travel to another room. Right away hit A to climb on to the wall on the left and climb to the corner of the room near you, you'll find a dragon.
Time taken: About 30 seconds.

Skeleton Dog: Pumpkin Hill
Getting all the skeleton dogs can be TEH MOST IMPORTANT THING OF YOUR LIFEEE D: Well, atleast if you want to get rid of animal parts. This is, atleast to me, fastest way to get them. Glide forward through the balloon and dig in the middle of the circle where you got a power up when you first played this level. You'll get a 1up. After this glide to the right and take the rocket to the church mountain. Get on top of it and you'll find a skeleton dog circling around the graves.
Time taken: 15 seconds.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

For Condors for the Dark side, still on Sky Rail, a second condor could potentially (It is sometimes a tiger or bear, but usually a condor) be obtained right after the first condor from Fusion's list in the whistle pipe. This would potentially add another 5-15 seconds for a chance at getting a condor. I guess use at own risk, or for getting bears/tigers. EDIT; the time it takes to get the second condor is far closer to 5 seconds, 15 at most, if you have trouble finding the pipe.
Last edited by Mamkute on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

I'm pretty sure there's another rabbit in city escape,

After the three ramps (with the ring magnet shield in the air), before the stairs that lead to the springy, go to the right. The rabbit is under the tree.
JacksHacks
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by JacksHacks »

Half fish for dark: There is one on White Jungle, it is a lone crate that once you break, you fall into a "Hidden area" where you can take a flinging thing. Anyway, before you fall, there is the half fish right inside/next to that box.

I am also fairly confident that there is one on Green Forest too, in the same situation.

EDIT: Yes, it is one Green forest as well. It is kind of far into the level *About 90 seconds if I remember correctly* And you will be at the right area after doing two full rotations on a rope around a tree and landing on the platform with a bunch of boxes on the right end.
Shining Chaos Chao
VIP
VIP
Motto: beer, sleep, game, repeat.

Post by Shining Chaos Chao »

I'm just gonna add anything I have in the old noggin' to fill in Fusion's holes

Knowing my luck they're all covered in other posts in this topic. I've only skimmed over it after all.

Image Otter:
[*]Hero: Tail's first stage. Prison lane or something? From the start, kill the 3 robots in the room to open the door. Walk down hallway and stop at the boxes to your right and break the bottom back box only. Jump on top of the crates and onto the roof to the left. Also, extra life alert.

Image Condor:
[*](Hero) Knuckles' first level From the start, run into the wind pillar [extra life alert if you're willing to take a short detour at the start - just on top of one of the pillars in the underground room]. At the top, go to the top-most segment to the left. There are two up the top somewhere, on top of the jutting out pole things.This should take around 10 seconds.

Image Warthog:
[*]Hero: Knuckles Punpkin Hill I think I saw it mentioned here, will repeat anyway - at bottom of stage.
There's also an extra life in the ring where the upgrade is/was. Trust me, it's always there.

Image Rabbit:
[*]Hero: Sonic's City Escape After boarding bit, in a tube. Whistle. (I'm only 80% sure on this one - may be something else half the time)

Image Sheep:
[*](Hero) Knuckles: First level Behind you to the right.
Added this one because of the extra life on the pillar near the start.

Image Half Fish:
[*]Hero: Pumpkin Hill 3rd chao box, takes no time at all, such a small level. Extra life near start.

I remember there being an easier way to get this animal but cannot for the life of me remember how.

Image Skeleton Dog:
[*](Hero) Knuckles: Pumpkin Hill. From the start, glide over to the rocket which is in front of you and to the left. Take the rocket to the top of Church Mountain, where you will find a skeleton dog wandering around between the graves. This should take around 15 seconds.
* Don't forget extra life on the way. And also, if you take rocket on the top of church mountain, and glide straight ahead after it drops you off, you can get to the place where the Chao is hiding in mission 3 - or a second easy extra life if in any other mode.

Image Phoenix:
Metal harbour has been mentioned - but for some reason I remember total of four phoenixes in the stage.

Image Unicorn:
[*]Hero: City escape 3rd chao box
[*]Hero: Tail's first level about half way through level, there's one in a cage. Rocket to destroy cage is directly towards the camera. Just fly/hover/whatever towards camera from the front of the platform with the cage
JacksHacks
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by JacksHacks »

I mentioned how to get the Half Fish in the easiest method I know of.

As for Metal Harbor, I know of two Phoenix locations. 3rd Chao Box, and at the very end of the level before the rocket lifts off, you must take the alt path. (The alt path is at the very top of the normal path, instead of turning right at the end, go straight, and then invisible robots will appear, and you can dash across them. At the end of this path, you will find a Phoenix.) Note that this Phoenix is fairly difficult to get.

And for City Escape, the Bunny is not always there, but it is sometimes. Though the level, Cosmic Wall is significantly easier anyway.
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a

Post by Mel Mel »

For Dark, I believe we should use the most common place to find the Otters. That is Dry Lagoon.
(12:15:40) Tobi: no, mel only owns young children
(12:15:46) Tobi: in his basement
(12:15:47) Tobi: i mean what

(17:44:45) Dr._Roivas: eevee.......just like......
(17:44:48) Dr._Roivas: what even are you??????
linkfreaknano
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by linkfreaknano »

i always find a bunny in city escape before you go up to the platform where the first chao box is
it is under the tree to the left
qwerty79
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by qwerty79 »

I know this topic may have died, but this is a very useful tool that I believe ought to find its way to the main page. I found a unicorn method on dry lagoon. After using the turtle, go straight ahead, behind the obelisk, to the center of a circle of posts. Pressing B will activate an invisible pipe, releasing the unicorn. This method only takes 20 seconds, another 10 if you choose to continue forward, climb the wall, and screw kick the life.
Runasutaru
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Be the punching bag!

Post by Runasutaru »

I see this thread is really old by now, but Chao Island forums are slow anyway. I Ctrl+F'd through the thread and didn't see these:

Rabbit:
(Hero) Meteor Herd
  • Face left as you start. Jump and glide to the spot between the platform labelled 0-3 and the tank — the rabbit is at the back of that gap. Takes 7-8 seconds.
(Dark) Iron Gate
  • Turn left as soon as you cross into the room and there's your rabbit. Takes 2-3 seconds.
duyencold
Egg
Egg

Post by duyencold »

There is a seal in a very simple location in Aquatic Mine, as an example for Knuckles. I believe it is either forward and straight down or to the right and straight down. I know it is at the bottom and easy to reach.
sanicandchoa
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by sanicandchoa »

A heads up for animal grinding; the game will automatically reset the amount of lives you have to 4 if you have less than 4 when leaving a level. This makes grinding a bit easier; with four lives, you can get five animals, then leave the level and get five more because your lives counter will reset back to 4. You also don't need to worry about finding lives with this trick, which should save you some time.
Caffeinekitty2017
Egg
Egg

Post by Caffeinekitty2017 »

The other can be found at the beginning of prison lane. Shoot the first 2 robots in front of the gate and 1 behind the gate to kitten it. Then proceed forward after shooting the flying robot you should see some boxes off to the right, a stack of 3 and a single box. DO NOT SHOOT THE SINGLE BOX! Shoot the one on the bottom of the stack of 3. Making a staircase. Jump on the single box, then in the now 2 box stack, wait for the camera to turn and jump to the otter. PROTIP: Walk forward to the spring and bump on to it to get a free life (helps a lot when farming for otters)
Caffeinekitty2017
Egg
Egg

The otter can be found at the beginning of prison lane. Shoot the first 2 robots in front of the gate and 1 behind the gate to kitten it. Then proceed forward after shooting the flying robot you should see some boxes off to the right, a stack of 3 and a single box. DO NOT SHOOT THE SINGLE BOX! Shoot the one on the bottom of the stack of 3. Making a staircase. Jump on the single box, then in the now 2 box stack, wait for the camera to turn and jump to the otter. PROTIP: Walk forward to the spring and bump on to it to get a free life (helps a lot when farming for otters)

Sort by
Caffeinekitty2017
Egg
Egg

The otter can be found at the beginning of prison lane. Shoot the first 2 robots in front of the gate and 1 behind the gate to open it. Then proceed forward after shooting the flying robot you should see some boxes off to the right, a stack of 3 and a single box. DO NOT SHOOT THE SINGLE BOX! Shoot the one on the bottom of the stack of 3. Making a staircase. Jump on the single box, then jump on to the now 2 box stack, wait for the camera to turn and jump to the otter. PROTIP: Walk forward to the spring and jump on to it to get a free life (helps a lot when farming for otters)

:omochao: :omochao: :omochao:
Brebe
Egg
Egg

Post by Brebe »

Warthog: Dark- Shadow: Radical Highway. Right as you begin, go down the initial railway and hit the springs, go forward through the tunnel until you reach the split roads. Right in the middle where they split, a warthog will be walking on top of the front-most yellow barrel.
This should take around 16 seconds
:darkcool: >>>where is my sa3<<< :darkno:
100% tired all the time, life is better with chao
Latee Hatori
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Huh?! ....

Post by Latee Hatori »

Some of these are mentioned at other points in the thread, but I figured it would be easier just to list everything I found that isn't in or differs from the original post:

Image Penguin:
Dark: N/A* [Rouge – Dry Lagoon]
*Sometimes an otter instead.* Save the turtle and take it to the next area, go to the island in front of you and on the left side behind a plant is a small pot you can pick up. About 24 seconds.
*The set Dark Penguins I've found are somewhat tricky to get to and take over a minute even then.

Image Otter:
Hero: [Tails – Prison Lane]
Shortly after the first gate there are four crates, two are unbreakable, the other two require Tails' upgrade. Destroy the crate under the unbreakable ones (but not the on in front) and use them to get on top of the prison hallway. About 9 seconds. Alternatively: Go down the hallway, take the lift onto the next platform, from there you can jump back onto the roof of the hallway. About 20 seconds.
Dark: [Rouge – Dry Lagoon] Save the turtle and take it to the next area, you can take either the left or right paths, there's an otter in the water on both ends. About 25 seconds for one. About 40 seconds for both.

Image Parrot:
Dark: [Rouge – Egg Quarters]
From the start go forward and climb the wall, it's on top of the statue above the hallway entrance. About 11 seconds.

Image Boar:
Hero: [Knuckles – Pumpkin Hill]
Take the rocket on the right path, once you let go glide to the right and you should see some circling spike balls, the Boar is circling inside their path. About 17 seconds.
Dark: [Shadow – Radical Highway] Shortly into the level there's a path where the road splits, the boar is on top of the barrels there. About 13 seconds.

Image Cheetah
Dark: [Eggman – Weapons Bed]
Near the bottom left corner of the next platform after the first checkpoint. About 20 seconds.
*The Cheetah in the crate on the original list is sometimes a Boar.

Image Rabbit:
Hero: [Sonic – Green Forest]
After the launch pad at the beginning, on the right side of the area you land on there is a log with a rabbit behind it. Be careful not to overshoot and land in the water. About 9 seconds.
Hero: [Tails - Mission Street] From the start head straight down the road, the rabbit is by the mailboxes before the road turns. About 9 seconds.

Image Bear:
Hero: N/A* [Sonic -–CRAZY GADGET]
*Sometimes a tiger instead.* At the end of the first hallway there is a small green room that contains an ambushing robot and a pipe to whistle at in the lower right corner. You might want destroy the robot unless you are confident you won't be caught and hit. About 12 seconds.
*The fixed Hero Bear is *somewhere* way over 1:30 and currently impossible for me.

Image Gorilla:
Dark: [Rouge - Egg Quarters]
From the start go forward, climb on top of the statue above the hallway entrance, walk to the edge and glide towards the camera. About 16 seconds.
Dark: [Rouge - Egg Quarters] From the start go down the left hallway, in the next room climb up the second pillar on the right. About 13 seconds.

Image Tiger:
Dark: [Shadow – Sky Rail]
To the right of the second checkpoint. About 42 seconds.

Image Sheep:
Dark: [Rouge – Dry Lagoon]
Glide to the ledge opposite from where you start. About 7 seconds.

Image Skunk:
Dark: [Shadow – Final Chase]
Go past the first “gravity battery” and use the springs after the Artificial Chaos to get to a platform with a tunnel. Either slip past the robot in the tunnel or land on top of the tunnel. Once at the other end, drop onto the platform below and you will have your skunk. About 44 seconds.

Image Bat:
Hero: [Knuckles – Pumpkin Hill]
From the start take the rocket on the left, drop slightly and glide to the rocket switch on the right side of the mountain. Activate it to free the bat. Watch out for the GUN robot. About 20 seconds.

Image Half-Fish:
Hero: [Sonic – Green Forest]
The first platform after the second checkpoint, behind the left of the three crates (you might need to destroy the box to see it). About 1:20. There is another one close by on top of a floating platform with a spring on the side, you have to whistle for it (it's walking around in Hard Mode). Unless you're really good at platforming it largely isn't worth it.
Hero: [Knuckles – Pumpkin Hill] (Chao Box) About 1:20.*
Dark: [Rouge – Egg Quarters] From the start go down the left hallway, in the next room go to the far right corner where the half-fish is in a cage, wait for the Kiki to throw a bomb, grab it to open the cage. Depending on the timing with the Kiki and the scouter robot this can take from 30 seconds to well over a minute. A trick for this is to climb up the last pillar on the right side (across from the Kiki) and stand between the middle and the edge (nearest the Kiki), the bomb should land right in front of Rouge.

Image Skeleton Dog:
Dark: [Eggman - Sand Ocean]
At the second checkpoint go back to the rotating platform and hover to the platform with the spring (make sure you don't hit it, it will push you back). Next you need to get onto the rapidly moving platform, once there you need to take out the crates on the next platform with a spring. Take the spring and you'll get to the area with the skeleton dog. About 2minutes....you may as well go for Pumpkin Hill.

Image Dragon
Hero: [Knuckles – Wild Canyon]
(Chao Box) About 45 seconds. Can be combined with the other method. About 1 minute.
Dark: [Eggman – Iron Gate] After the third security door take the path on the other side of the door with springs and pipes. Keep jumping and hovering along the pipe path and the Dragon will be on the last pipe to the far right. About 1:45.

Image Phoenix
Hero: [Sonic – Metal Harbor]
(Chao Box) About 1:30.
Hero: [Knuckles – Meteor Herd] Take the spring on the tower in front, moving slightly forward to land on a platform with a rocket, take it and use the spring on the platform. Once you land turn around and glide to the large containers next to the large platform where the Phoenix is circling. It takes about 35-40 seconds to get to this point, but might take much longer to actually get it if you miss. The best method I've found so far is to wait until the Phoenix starts coming back (12 o'clock?) and jump as high as possible. Alternatively: You can save time and get to the area in about 20 seconds by turning to the right, dropping a bit, and gliding to the large containers after letting go of the rocket.
Dark: [Eggman – Weapons Bed] (Chao Box) About 3 minutes (or a little over 2 if you're good). There is also one on the fuel tank next to the last Chao Box that you can get to using a pulley.

ImageUnicorn:
Hero: [Sonic - City Escape] (Chao Box)
About 1:50.
Hero: [Sonic – Green Hill] (Chao Box) Less than 40 seconds. (I do not have and can not get this level, I watched an A Rank video where the box was bypassed around that time. Another video doing crazy speedrun like stuff passed it around 11 seconds.)
Dark: [Rouge – Dry Lagoon] Save the turtle and take it to the next area, go to the island in front of you and whistle in the center of the circle of posts. About 24 seconds.
Dark: [Rouge – Dry Lagoon] (Chao Box) About 50 seconds. Can easily be combined with the other method, about 55 seconds.

Notes
--There is an Extra Life in the ground where you get the upgrade in Pumpkin Hill.
--There is an Extra Life in a balloon next to the Otter in Prison Lane.
--(When getting the Chao Box) There is an Extra Life on top of the right pillar at the beginning in Wild Canyon.

Also, I can't remember if I've ever seen it here, and I've searched the Glitches sections on the Sonic Wiki and Sonic Retro with no luck, and it's not mentioned on any of the Cheats sections on Game FAQs where glitches are usually mentioned, I tried a Google search but mostly got hits for the Infinite Use animal glitch and only found one guide that explicitly mentions it, but a few times I've heard of a glitch that affects some versions of the game that makes it so some of the hidden animals don't come out. The PAL Phoenix mentioned in the original post is probably the most well known example.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

Oh yes, the bears. They've always been fun to find when I'm preparing a Chao to go Chaos just because of how difficult they are to get compared to...well, every single other animal.