[SADX & SA2B] Two Tone Explanation & Evolution Prediction

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
EliOceans
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

[SADX & SA2B] Two Tone Explanation & Evolution Prediction

Post by EliOceans »

I'm just saying this in advance because I'm sure it will happen. I'm terribly sorry if this is a bit unorganized and hard to understand.

Terms I might use in this guide:
Shade- The color of the Two-Tone Chao.
Tone spot- Where the shade of the Chao is always completely visible.
Shade intensity- The opacity of the shade/ How visible the shade it.

As you can see from looking at evolved Two-Tone Chao, their Two-Tone shade effects their color, but some more than others.

For example, take the Two-Tone Red and Blue Chao. The following pictures are Neutral/Swim Chao of the colors stated.

Image Image

Alright, the bottom of their heads show their true color, but a Two-Tone's shade covers the entire body. But the shade shows up more a specific part in a Chao's body, depending on their alignment. I call this the tone spot.
A Hero Chao's tone spot is on the body.
Image (Purple) Image (Black)
A Neutral Chao's tone spot is on the body as well.
Image (Yellow) Image (Grey)
A Dark Chao's tone spot is on the highlights. However, the tone spot is stronger on the ring around their chest compared to the rest of their body.
Image (White) Image (Green)

So how come only the Red Chao's shade shows up fully on the top of the head?

Well from what I've seen, the shade of Two-Tones differs between each other.

From my research, I think that there are three levels of shade intensity. Here's what I think the levels of shades are; 3 being the strongest, 1 being the weakest.

White- 1
Red- 3
Blue- 2
Yellow- 2
Pink- 2
Purple- 3
Sky Blue- 2
Orange- 2
Green- 3
Brown- 2
Grey- 2
Lime Green- 2
Black- 3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we have the shade intensity part down, let's focus on where the colors can be expected to be at and what the color will be. For the first color, we'll use the Red Two-Tone. Through all the evolutions, black has also shown up. This being said, it can be concluded that black is the second tone for Red Two-Tone. Now to find the placement of the tone. Neutral Chao are fairly easy to test this with, so let's take the Neutral/Swim Chao for example.

Where is the black at? The arrows/angled lines on the forehead.

With just this being said, you can determine the second tone for all other colors too. If you're unsure about the color, try another evolution. For example, the Two-Tone Green Neutral/Swim is green all over, so you can't exactly be sure: Image
So go to another evolution to find the second tone. The only problem is that you don't know where the second tone is located. So go back to the Red Two-Tone and search for the black. In this case we'll use the Neutral/Fly
As you can see, the black is located on the tips of the hands, and jesters. So, for the Green Two-Tone, look in those areas for the second tone.
Thus, the second tone of a Green Two-Tone is simply green. If you're still unsure, check some other evolutions.
To save you some time, I'll simply post what the second tone of all the colors are.

White- Bright sky blue
Red- Black
Blue- Bright blue
Yellow- Bright green
Pink- Bright Blue (more sky blue than blue's, but more blue than white's)
Purple- Blue (slightly darker than the monotone blue)
Sky Blue- Blue (close to sky blue)
Orange- Green
Green- Green
Brown- Green (darker than orange's green)
Grey- Bright sky blue (darker than white's)
Lime Green- Bright green
Black- Bright sky blue (darker than grey's)

Okay, now we have the colors down. Now, where can we expect these colors to show up at? Using the list I just gave you, you can obviously tell where they are for the first evolution. Now I'm going to predict where they're going to be for the second evolutions. From those, it should be easier to tell where the tones will be. I'll even tell you how I know/why I think so.

Hero/None/All: Hand, Feet, Head, and Tail tips. In the Hero/None, the second tone was found on these places.
Hero/Swim/All: All extra colors. In the Hero/Swim, the second tone was found on all the extra colors/patters.
Hero/Fly/All: Small band on hand and hairs. In the Hero/Fly, the second tone was found on these places. (They are the blue in those Chao who have the Normal color)
Hero/Run/All: Outer rings. In the Hero/Run, the second tone was found on these places. (They are the blue in those Chao who have the Normal color)
Hero/Power/All: None. In the Hero/Power, the second tone is not visible, so it's highly unlikely for the tone to show up.
Neutral/None/All: The stomach. In the Neutral/None, the second tone was found on the stomach.
Neutral/Swim/All: The forehead arrows. In the Neutral/Swim, the second tone was found on the arrows.
Neutral/Fly/All: Hand and jester tips. In the Neutral/Fly, the second tone was found on those places.
Neutral/Run/All: Lines on head. In the Neutral/Run, the second tone was found on the lines.
Neutral/Power/All: The stomach and tip of tail. In the Neutral/Power, the second tone was found here
Dark/None/All: Hand, Feet, Head, and Tail tips. In the Dark/None, the second tone was found on these places.
Dark/Swim/All: Head, stomach, arms and feet undersides, and middle of spikes/fins on head. In the Dark/Swim, the second tone was found on those places.
Dark/Fly/All: Patch on on the face and stomach. In the Dark/Fly, the second tone was found on those places. (This tone is hard to see on many shades, so this it's debatable as to whether there is actually a tone for all the shades or not)
Dark/Run/All: Fade from middle spike, and around the chest ring. In the Dark/Run, the second tone was found here.
Dark/Power/All: Stomach patch. In the Dark/Power, the second tone was found here.

The rest of the Chao has a coat of the color/shade of the Chao. The intensity of the shade depends on the color, as stated in the first list. Using these three lists, you can predict exactly what your Chao will look like by their second evolution, as soon as they are born!

I hope this list helps people when it comes to Two-Tones and Evolution. I think I pretty much got it all covered.

All images are from the Chao Island Chao Gallery, so if you want to triple check on me, just go there.
Last edited by EliOceans on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pssst. Thanks SonicRainboom for the avatar!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: [SADX & SA2B] Two Tone Explanation & Evolution Predictio

Post by Mamkute »

Interesting and well organized. I had already believed a similar thing that all twotones had a second color, and that it would appear respectively on certain evolutions, but I had never attempted to organize it.
EliOceans
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: [SADX & SA2B] Two Tone Explanation & Evolution Predictio

Post by EliOceans »

Thanks a lot. [/late] lol

Oh, and I edited the list. I just grew a Neutral/Power/Run, and found out that the second tone was on his stomach sooo... yeah...
Pssst. Thanks SonicRainboom for the avatar!
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: [SADX & SA2B] Two Tone Explanation & Evolution Prediction

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

This should be on the sight.