*Unofficial Bright Chao Database*

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: *Unofficial Bright Chao Database*

Post by dracomageat »

Ok, here's a picture

The cursor is focused on a red hero power type, with my emerald jewel to the left, the chao in question above and a brown bright chao to the right for colour comparison. As you can see, it is neither brown, nor orange, nor green and is significantly less greyed than a standard yellow bright chao, despite being as dark as it will go.
I cannot give you a reference of a standard yellow bright chao because my garden cannot get yellow, pink or purple eggs.

Its parents are the purebred emerald and an orange bright chao, who's parents were a shop bought orange and a normal bright chao. The parents of that bright chao were a shop bought shiny green and a first generation normal from the initial starter pair.
As such, its genetics could potentially have contained one from each of the following columns:
green shiny jewel twotone
orange matt matt monotone
normal

And no conventional mix of those would explain its current look. It can only be explained by a shiny jewel. Whether it is orange or green I cannot say for sure but the green is a recessive gene from two generations back, making it highly improbable.

As for the normal, that might be non-jewel for all I know but it does look a tad different to the pictures here.

EDIT: the normal is bottom far left and, again, as dark as it will go.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Very strange indeed. Unfortunately, this boarders on where I am useless, which is the realm of hacking. Since the Jewel chao is hacked, I have no idea what its genetics are (does the game have breeding capabilities ready for nonexistent-in-normal-play jewel chao? Is the jewel chao containing all jewel genetics? I have no idea.)

I would now agree with your analysis that they are indeed different. It is probably the game just providing an arbitrary color for the Jewel aspect, and the Shiny and Two-tone genes would already be present (or also cause by the Jewel DNA.)

I am sorry, I am fairly unhelpful in this realm.
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

The breeding system is ripped straight from the gamecube version of the game, is it not?
If so, a standard jewel chao (which all its other offspring suggest this is) should breed shiny jewel chao in the same way, only with new textures. You can see from that image that jewel chao have their standard texture but their egg texture is not present, giving them a weird jewel normal egg. Jewel shinies do not, however, use their own texture so every part of their appearance is, theoretically, still present. The reason they have a different look is because of a change in the appearance of shiny twotones. I cannot, however, however explain the lack of transparency. The bright chao appearance clearly has some other impact beyond the obvious.

Edit: Transparent mint chao (shiny jewel white) got. Its neutral baby form has more blue than your standard bright chao, its dark baby is a green with the same colour density as the normal shiny jewel's red (ie. less than the normal green bright chao) and its hero baby is a lime green bright chao missing the yellow patches.

And the invisible (jewel shiny grey) is the most interesting yet. As a hero baby it has a bright chao version of the normal chao's colours and it is much the same with neutral, except the yellow is totally bright white. Dark baby is the same blue as the neutral but solid like the standard dark aligned bright chao. Gonna turn it into a neutral power and see what happens.

Edit 2: There's no way pictures would do the thing justice. Its main body is an orangey yellow, almost golden in colour. Its tummy is hot pink, as is the part of its tail ball that's furthest from its body but the half that attaches is yellow again and the bottom it attaches to is neutral baby blue. Not one of these blends into the others though, they're all separated by white and every single bit glows like a bright chao.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Great information here, it will be added to the site! I'm trying to make sure everything on these boards gets added to the site somewhere (long overdue - i've been busy with work but have more time to do this all now)
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

This list is looking great, are you going to finish the list by adding Hero and Neutral evolutions for the Bright Chao?
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested but I decided to get pics of X/X/X chao. Not sure if they vary much from the first evolution ones but, eh, here they are

N/S/P
http://i61.tinypic.com/a42b7p.jpg
N/S/R
http://i61.tinypic.com/10ftlb9.jpg
N/S/S
http://i58.tinypic.com/j9txjq.jpg
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

Those are really very interesting, thanks.
Greenblade
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: You're. Ugly.

Post by Greenblade »

The bright black chao look amazing! Honestly, they should be called Tron Chao. :surprise:
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

Mooncow wrote:Great information here, it will be added to the site! I'm trying to make sure everything on these boards gets added to the site somewhere (long overdue - i've been busy with work but have more time to do this all now)
I'm glad you took notice, Mooncow! I do plan to finish this soon since I finally have a long break. I've been away for some time.
Mayo wrote:This list is looking great, are you going to finish the list by adding Hero and Neutral evolutions for the Bright Chao?
Thank you Mayo. Although Neutral & Hero evolutions of Bright Chao are kind of repetitive looking, I will be adding them to the list. I started with Dark evolution since it was the most visually appealing.
~ Light the world on fire, just to watch it burn. ~
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Wow i'm impressed! That's a lot of work, thanks for sharing. Anyway i think its safe to say that the "bright chao" is not a new type of breed and is simply a bad port. Although I want to test importing a GC chao's shiny two tone code into PC and see what happens.
InsanityIsMyEnemy
Egg
Egg
Motto: Can I just quit this immoral life already?

Post by InsanityIsMyEnemy »

I can swear I got a twotone shiny... But this is... Wow
It all ends here.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

Bright chao FTW.
Shiny two tones werent all that great anyways :darkblah:

But I will miss the awesome Jewl and shiny Jewl chao. :darkcry:
Oh and has anyone gotten a chaos bright chao yet?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

The_Awesome_Chao wrote:Bright chao FTW.
Shiny two tones werent all that great anyways :darkblah:

But I will miss the awesome Jewl and shiny Jewl chao. :darkcry:
Oh and has anyone gotten a chaos bright chao yet?
i have 2 chaos bright
one of them is in my profil picture (red shiny twotone)
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

Cool but is it edited beyond haveing a face and animal parts as a chaos Chao?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

The_Awesome_Chao wrote:Cool but is it edited beyond haveing a face and animal parts as a chaos Chao?
not really, it's just a mod that allow chaos chao have animal parts and face that's all
other than that, here another picture without animal part/face
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Thanks to this topic, I was able to make a Bright Chao page on the site! You can view it here! Thanks for your pictures as well.
Blob55
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Blob55 »

Some of the links to Bright Chao in the first post are down.