[SA2b] The Magnitude and the Gardens

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

[SA2b] The Magnitude and the Gardens

Post by DarkyBenji »

long time ago, when i played SA2 in GC, i notice some of my chao in dark garden reincarn without finish his second evolution
in the PC version, i notice that one of my chao in hero garden got 2nd evolution at Age 2-3

so i search the reason why this happen, well the answer is simple : The magnitude values change periodically by different amounts for each garden

in SA2B, each garden give different alignement and magnitude to the chao during the time (not fruit help and stuff)
the magnitude increase a bit every ~2 minutes ingame if you're in the garden with your chao !

i think someone say that the alignement of the baby chao slowy change depending the garden they are
welp for adult chao, the magnitude increase differently depending the garden they are

please note that the alignement change only work on baby chao
and the magnitude change only work for adult chao (baby chao magnitude increase by +0,017~ with every garden)

hero garden alignement (only for child chao): +0.008333333768
hero garden magnitude (only for adult chao): +0.008333333768

chao garden alignement (only for child chao): 0
chao garden magnitude (only for adult chao): +0.004166666884

dark garden alignement (only for child chao): -0.008333333768
dark garden magnitude (only for adult chao): 0

the baby without the character become slowy hero in hero garden or dark in dark garden
for the magnitude, the hero garden increase faster than the chao garden
and the dark garden DO NOT increase magnitude, which is possible to get a chao dead/reincarn without complet his 2nd evolution if you don't feed him enough (this happen to me in GC years ago when i was noob)
so the chao live in hero garden have the 2nd evolution faster than the chao who live in other garden, but they can have all the same age which is crazy

tldr : if you want a 2nd evo faster, put your chao in hero garden, if you don't want 2nd evo, put it in dark garden (only the fruit will increase the magnitude in dark garden), if you don't care, put it in chao garden
before make a post about it, i would ask how you guys think about it

this is kinda confuse, so if you have any question, ask me,
this should be write in the site about 2nd evolution, maybe people have problem with 2nd evolution because of it

i don't know if it work the same way with SADX, but i think all the gardens in this game use the same "alignement/magnitude data" as the SA2 chao garden, someone should test

Edit : for user who use chao world extended, i added a code long ago that increase the 2nd evo differently than the vanilla version
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Re: [SA2b] The Magnitude and the Gardens

Post by Mayo »

Interesting observation, may I ask how you arrived to those numbers? Did you look into the code and test this?
It's been known that Hero gardens increase Hero alignment slightly, same as Dark Gardens encouraging Dark alignment.

Decreasing the RemainingLife1 value (the one that triggers second evolution over time) depending on garden sounds a little odd, makes me wonder why there is a difference to begin with. I've played a lot in the Dark Garden and have had times where Chao barely reach their second evolution, but that's as far as my anecdotes go.
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

The RemainingLife1 variable doesn't determine the strength of the second evolution. Another variable called Magnitude in the Chao Editor determines it. It also determines how close Child Chao are to evolving.
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

Just rechecked, yeah it's the EvolutionStrength value that determines how advanced the second evolution becomes, my bad.

Going by Fusion's numbers here, it sounds like he tested evolution magnitude in the Neutral garden.
So if the Hero garden is double that, then an unfed adult Chao will reach 1.0 in EvolutionStrength within 6 hours, instead of 12 hours in the Neutral Garden as calculated by Fusion.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Mayo wrote:Interesting observation, may I ask how you arrived to those numbers? Did you look into the code and test this?
It's been known that Hero gardens increase Hero alignment slightly, same as Dark Gardens encouraging Dark alignment.

Decreasing the RemainingLife1 value (the one that triggers second evolution over time) depending on garden sounds a little odd, makes me wonder why there is a difference to begin with. I've played a lot in the Dark Garden and have had times where Chao barely reach their second evolution, but that's as far as my anecdotes go.
i look into the game data and the code with cheat engine, and see what value change/increase/decrease when the chao is growing and i notice this
chao fusion editor round the value of chao, like it show 0.017 instead of 0.016666667536
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image