[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.5 : A new Update!

Post by BlazeFox »

Where are the Garden Pack mods supposed to go? I put them in the ChaoWorldExtended folder and they showed up in the mod manager but when I go into the game the only thing that changes is the music and the garden name when you enter. What am I missing? :darkcry:
Mindacos
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Mindacos »

BlazeFox wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:20 pm Where are the Garden Pack mods supposed to go? I put them in the ChaoWorldExtended folder and they showed up in the mod manager but when I go into the game the only thing that changes is the music and the garden name when you enter. What am I missing? :darkcry:
You don't place them in the ChaoWorldExtended folder, but instead you'll have to place them directly in the mods folder. They should work properly then.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

I've been having this problem for about a month and i need some help! :cry:
I tried to get the halloween gardens and than the mod manager stopped working. Than, my SA2 deleted itself from my PC once again (ya know, it always does this.) so i can't mod it anymore. I tried reinstalling it but it still didn't work. I think it's because i had the Multi Savefile cheat on. But is there any way to reverse this effect?
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

Mindacos wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:05 pm
BlazeFox wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:20 pm Where are the Garden Pack mods supposed to go? I put them in the ChaoWorldExtended folder and they showed up in the mod manager but when I go into the game the only thing that changes is the music and the garden name when you enter. What am I missing? :darkcry:
You don't place them in the ChaoWorldExtended folder, but instead you'll have to place them directly in the mods folder. They should work properly then.
I moved them to the mods folder, refreshed the mod manager, selected the gardens, but it's doing the exact same thing.
punchcherry
Egg
Egg

Post by punchcherry »

cheatfreak47 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:23 pm Just popping in to confirm the issue whereby various graphical effects are missing.
- Sparkles on Animals Missing
- Aura and Trail for Sonic's Fire somersault missing
- Trail for Shadow's Fire somersault missing

Probably more stuff I'm not thinking of.

I did a bit of trial and erroring and it looks like it's caused by the main code "Chao World Extended System (Must be enabled)".

I've also not been able to get the random Weather/Time change to work, but maybe I'm just not understanding it too well.

Worth noting also that the most recent SA2 Mod Loaders now uses a new text format for code documents, instead of XML.
(which this mod is essentially programmed in it looks like?)

The XML format still works but LST will reduce the size of the mod by a LOT.
a 136MB codelist becomes about 25MB instead.

Anyway, MainMemory has provided a conversion program for XML code documents as well, so that may be of use to you @DarkyBenji
https://mm.reimuhakurei.net/misc/CodeConverter.7z
Been having the exact same graphical issues too. Same with the Weather/Time change code not working. Never had these problems until I began playing this game + mods on Windows 10 (previously on 8.1, different device). Has there been any work done to resolve this issue?

Btw, other effects getting kicked out from the required mod are fire from the metal skulls, ring sparkling effects, and mystic portals which are just completely invisible now.
Danfun64
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Danfun64 »

Danfun64 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 am Since I doubt the anger stat shows up in Fusion's Chao Editor, what's the best way to calm an angry chao down?
Ahh, the anger stat does appear in Fusion's Chao Editor. It appears to have replaced (or at least displaced) the dizziness stat. Can anybody confirm or deny if dizziness has been removed via this mod or what? Also, it appears that nothing seems to drop this stat. Again, how do you calm an angry chao down (without Fusion's editor)?
Mindacos
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Mindacos »

BlazeFox wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:27 pm
I moved them to the mods folder, refreshed the mod manager, selected the gardens, but it's doing the exact same thing.
sorry for the exceedingly late reply, i don't check these forums as often as i should lol

Can you show me how the folder(s) you have for the garden packs look like? I have an idea of what might be your issue, but it might be something else entirely.
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

Mindacos wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 am
sorry for the exceedingly late reply, i don't check these forums as often as i should lol

Can you show me how the folder(s) you have for the garden packs look like? I have an idea of what might be your issue, but it might be something else entirely.

Also, for some reason, the sound effects aren't playing. Only the music. Don't know if it's related to the mod at all but I can't imagine what the cause is.
Mindacos
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Mindacos »

BlazeFox wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Also, for some reason, the sound effects aren't playing. Only the music. Don't know if it's related to the mod at all but I can't imagine what the cause is.
Try moving the folders out of the garden and lobby packs, place all of them separately in the mods folder like this:
guido
Egg
Egg

Post by guido »

So im having a bit of trouble running the mods for sa2. when i start the game it runs fine but when i go to the chao garden it will freeze and automatically close the game. ive tried uninstalling the game and uninstalling the mod as well as take off a few mods and nothing is working for me and im getting a bit frustrated would love to get some help :)
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

^
Have you tried running SA2 as administrator? Usually that fixes everything.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

Mindacos wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:25 am
BlazeFox wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Try moving the folders out of the garden and lobby packs, place all of them separately in the mods folder like this:
It worked for the lobby but the gardens still only show a change of name when you enter and the music.
ZeroTheGamer
Egg
Egg

Post by ZeroTheGamer »

It won't let me use the alt characters and I'm doing what I am supposed to, can you help me with this problem?
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

Uhm, so... I'm new to adding Steam mods, and have no idea how to add Extended Chao World. I do not have any files or folders for SA2, or anything regarding Steam besides the Setup link and short cut. What do I do? :thinking:

Edit: I got it! :darksurprise:
Edit 2:
Uh it's not working
when I try the mod manager
it says 'Could not find the file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\dll\win32\data_dll.dll'
what did I do wrong??

Someone suggested making a mod folder as I lack one, but that didn't work.
and now SA2 isn't even playing. I get to the 'Save Settings and Start Game' bit where you can change the controller and stuff, but after that nothing happens. sometimes I catch a screen saying 'Sonic Adventure 2 loading' but nothing after that
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I know it sounds like a stupid question but,

is "Data_DLL.dll" actually missing?

The folder it's in should look like this.

If so, you might have an anti-virus that's deleting the file without either alerting or warning you, preventing the game from running properly.
Try reinstalling SA2 from Steam and seeing if you can restore the file, and then whitelisting it from your anti-virus. (some anti-virus just get scared when they see .dll files)

Even if you don't have an anti-virus, but the .dll file is still missing, try making a copy of it somewhere else on your computer and then try to find out what's moving it.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by ShadriaFan »

I believe I deleted it myself on accident, I'm currently reinstalling SA2 ^^''
I don't have a anti-virus on this computer so that's not it :darkno:
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by ShadriaFan »

I got it up and running!
I'm really enjoying it :darksway:
dantedijon
Egg
Egg

Post by dantedijon »

I really need help from anybody out there please.
Everytime I attempt to enter chao world it crashes.
I have chao world extended checked off in the modloader.
The game is bought through steam.
I extracted the files in the game folder.
My PC is powerful enough to run this game no problem
(Intel i5 and GTX 1060 6GB)
Found a possible solution but didnt work which was verify integrity of game files on steam, the game didnt crash but all it did
Was remove the modloader.
Once I activated the modloader the game crashed again
When attempting to enter chao world extended.
I really dont know what to do at this point, I reinstalled the game so many times to start fresh on installing it but still the same problem.
Also when I open the modloader when i try to click on a mod to check it off it says not responding then eventually checks the box but when I go to the codes its buttery smooth.
Also when i launch the game from steam it brings up a setup like control settings, display settings, etc and says save and start sonic adventure 2 at the bottom.
XxSWxX
Egg
Egg
Motto: Loading... 0.00%

Post by XxSWxX »

Is there any way to prevent specified Chao from reincarnating?
There are times I want to collect various Chao types, but in the end they reincarnate. :herocry:

I've been searching for a mod that has the ability to select specific Chao to be immortal.
Fusion Editor does help, but I have to make sure I keep the slider at bay. Also, having the Fusion Editor running tempts me to cheat my chao to win. :darkno:
:omochao: Press the jump button to jump! :omochao:
Archie Sonic
Egg
Egg
Motto: Take it sleazy B-]

Post by Archie Sonic »

hey i currently have a little glitch, its a irony, i took a little break from chao garden cuz of work, and now i cant load up chao world extended and try out the new textures but it wont load past the chao garden extended logo, i dont wanna lose my data so is there a fix for this, otherwise i might have to uninstall and do all over again, which sucks, i already reinstalled everything so im kinda confused on whats the issue, is there a way to ensure i keep my save data? it was quite the grind :stomp:

I guess starting over isnt so bad cuz now i can keep track on this forum(i recently created a account, but ive had the mods for pretty much years, just different computers) anyway was just wondering on what advice you guys have.

:surprise: :herosurprise: :darksurprise:
Atreides42
Egg
Egg

Post by Atreides42 »

If anyone wants to use the "All emeralds trackable in treasure hunt stages" patch while still using Chao World Extended's custom SA2ModLoader, all you need to do is add the following code to the list of "Original SA2ModLoader Codes" that's located in Chao World Extended's mod folder.

Code: Select all

<Code name="All emeralds trackable in treasure hunt stages" patch="true">
    <CodeLine>
      <Type>write16</Type>
      <Address>0073A7BD</Address>
      <Value>0FEB</Value>
      <ValueType>hex</ValueType>
    </CodeLine>
  </Code>
Just add that before the final </CodeList> bracket at the bottom, save the file, refresh the ModLoader, and you should be good to go.
goku411
Egg
Egg

Post by goku411 »

Does this mod work with SA2B for Dolphin?
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Post by YuYuChaosho »

^
no it does not.
It’s a Steam exclusive mod. :chaocry: sorry
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
Mew2Chainz96
Egg
Egg

Post by Mew2Chainz96 »

Hello, I've recently started to get back into SA2B and started over with a new Chao save file but I can't access the races or karate. I previously had the "over 8 chao" code enabled but I disabled it and I'm still having issues. Is there any way to fix this problem?
benderew
Egg
Egg

Post by benderew »

Doesn't work. Crashes soon as you go into the chao world.