Game running at two times speed! Help!

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
acetrainerkyle64
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Game running at two times speed! Help!

Post by acetrainerkyle64 »

Everytime I start the game it feels like it's on one of those emulators and it's running extremely fast.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: Game running at two times speed! Help!

Post by Chao Professor »

...This feels oddly familiar...
chaoadventures wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 am ...

- Which game? Sonic Adventure DX or Sonic Adventure 2? If it's SADX, then which version (2004 or Steam)?

- What's your operating system? (Windows 10, Windows 7, a Mac running through Wine, ect.)

- What's your graphics card? (Nvidia, AMD, Intel, ect. (can't do much for telling you how at the moment, but please also include GPU name and associated numbers))

- What's the refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor? (40 Hz, 60Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz, ect? (also can't help you much on getting that right now))

- Are you using any mods? (BetterSADX, Chao World Extended, anything using a ModLoader?)

- Have you gotten it to run at normal speed before?

I don't necessarily know the answer, but your post is really vague and makes it very hard for anyone with the answer to respond properly.
Image It's still thinking...
CHJohnson
Egg
Egg
Motto: Like Sonic, fun is fast, but endless.

Re: Game running at two times speed! Help!

Post by CHJohnson »

The speed depends on which emulator you are using, I use Reicast. The game can run different speeds when it has a certain size of the game it loads, so it can change speeds. :surprise: Confusing right?
:omochao: "I'm not annoying! I updated!" -Omochao
Omochao is our friend.