is there a mod that returns the chao gardens to their dreamcast versions

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sinful Shadow
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

is there a mod that returns the chao gardens to their dreamcast versions

Post by Sinful Shadow »

anyone who grew up playing the dreamcast version of sonic adventure 2 remembers the awesome hero and dark gardens that were vastly superior to what they were turned into in the gamecube port i was wondering if there was a mod for the pc version of sa2 that returned the hero and dark gardens to the vastly superior dreamcast gardens and if there isnt would a mod that does this be possible to make?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: is there a mod that returns the chao gardens to their dreamcast versions

Post by Mamkute »

Others are going to be far more knowledgeable than I am on mod stuff. But, to the best of my knowledge, no. DarkyBenji's Chao World Extended mod does a lot, and has a lot of garden mods in general, but I am pretty sure there is no DC garden version. There are better minds than mine to answer on the possibility of making it.

Chao World Extended page here:
https://chao.hippotank.com/forum/viewto ... 33&t=45060
Wimonthiya
Egg
Egg

Post by Wimonthiya »

I read the content and felt that it was very helpful. Because it is a good new knowledge that can be applied in everyday life.
Runasutaru
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Be the punching bag!

Post by Runasutaru »

Here you go!
https://github.com/Exant64/DCGarden/releases/

You will notice a few minor layout differences meant to optimise the gardens for proper gameplay (Dark Garden has 3 trees instead of 2, for example), but it is otherwise faithful. Enjoy!