The Library?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

The Library?

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

Hey, um, I've heard about something called the Library in Sonic Adventure 2, but all I know is that it does something with VMUs... Why was it scrapped?
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Re: The Library?

Post by Sable »

we don't necessarily know why it was scrapped - could have been that it was just wildly inconvenient in regards to filesize, considering that chao adventure 2, a chao save, and a regular SA2 save file already fill up an entire VMU.

basically it allowed you to add extra scenarios (including user-made ones) to chao adventure 2
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Yup, that's definitely a good theory as to why it was scrapped. It's a real shame, it would've been pretty fun.

Image It's still thinking...
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

I've heard that you could download something involving Chao Adventure 2 from it... What could it have been? Heck, if I heard about it years ago, I would have thought it would act similarly to the Chao Principal, except with a librarian and books.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64