REALITY

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 5 days old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Re: REALITY

Post by Tobi »

Riku, I deeply apologize... I saw a comment of you, and expected you to be butthurt that REALITY was better and saying lapse was better :c
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

guys i'm going to make a comic about minty!! there will be a title page and a background (!!! wow !!!)
it'll just be him (me??) speaking his mind about the universe of REALITY and mentioning his powers and shizzles

i think there should be a sense of random magic in REALITY
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

So what are we doing? Restarting or improving? Like mentioned, I think Matt was kind of trying to make sense out of stuff.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

i think we should restart with a basic set of universe rules, a predetermined map and predetermined character relationships :p
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

i finished!

now i dont expect you all to have this sort of quality as i am aware it sort of takes a while, but this is the sort of quality i'll be going for :D

it's a jpg on imgur whenever i upload it.

enjoy it anyway!

http://www.iaza.com/work/130412C/iaza14800261521900.png
on iaza it's still png. stupid imgur.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Guuuh what do you expect of me, to be able to draw comics like that, and even without copy/paste? ;o;
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Ravenyte wrote:i finished!

now i dont expect you all to have this sort of quality as i am aware it sort of takes a while, but this is the sort of quality i'll be going for :D

it's a jpg on imgur whenever i upload it.

enjoy it anyway!

ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I read that, but the comics are sort of supposed to be the same quality :( Like, it barely is the same with my poor, poor computer art ;o;
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

i always thought that the most refreshing features about REALITY was that everyone had their own style and it varied from panel to panel! but you know. i could tone it down if you want to.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Well Idk, I'm willing into putting more effort in my comics... but honestly, it's like the difference between poor quality, and poor good quality. Poor quality was never meant to look better, much like minecraft, while in sonic DX, it's meant to look decent, but they just failed at it.

I guess it's fine to have different styles to a certain degree...
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I'm going to start by saying that I have complete desire to continue REALITY comics and clean it up so that it has a linear plot, even if the plot is simplistic and drawn out into long periods of time.
Tobi wrote:
Wacky the Taccoon wrote:I'd probably make more reality comics myself, except I believe that for the most part this comic is pretty dead. If anything I'd like to restart it, only with more well done comics and perhaps a set story line. And also with jokes that everyone is more likely to get, since they have always been pretty much overflowing with inside jokes that would seem pretty stupid to anyone who didn't get them.
I'd love to continue this, sort of. Not sure about restarting and why it needs to have a story line, really... I mean, who cares about that :3 I think Matt is actually working on more in-depth character development in REALITY... Only I think he's just procrastinating from REALITY.

I mean, I guess we could restart with less characters since honestly, Flame for example, rarely made comics. I looked at the dA group, and his comic count is 1. Two of his got deleted because there were no copies whatsoever, so he really isn't more than a ragdoll in the comic. No offense though, I'm fine either way.

Idk, I kind of want to hear others' word into this./quote]I was really going to just quote Wacky and say "^THIS^", but I Tobi added more that I should say something about.

As soon as my semester ends I do want to write a draft for a vague plot for the comics to follow. The only basic requirements I'm working with are building up the character identities by introducing only a few at any given time, and establishing clear and logical character roles and relationships. Other than me being the old guy and two of the guys being the pets of two of the girls, there was little detail as to why the seven of us would be in the same place. I want to have us, as a group, think of more about how the characters should appear, act, and such.

We also need to do a lot more world building. We've agreed and vaguely established that REALITY exists in an alternate world that we all escaped to. Somehow we have managed to bring in objects and people, but beyond that we don't have much of a structure. I think that if we made REALITY have an actual destination, be it that we're all sharing a house or living in a neighborhood together, it would still give the world more structure. Even if it is a strange place, we want readers to understand what that strange place is.

I think these are the only changes to focus on when it comes to restarting. I feel the seven of us still will make functional characters and we may even want to incorporate more characters. I've already given short appearances to Tony, Anne, Twiddle, and Mel, so it can't hurt to bring in more people. We may need to if we're going to make character relations make more sense, so if you think we should add someone, think if they help establish more to the relationship of two of the original seven characters.

Also we're not getting rid of Flame because I want to make the low-resolution joke with him so bad.
Ravenyte wrote:i finished!
This is actually great. I like the upgrade in quality and I wish we could discuss a better art style as a group. Many of us have skills that vary, and as you may have seen from me and Flame, art isn't always someone's best skill. Flame uses cut and paste and I traced Bune's originals and worked off of those as bases. That is why some of us may want to be part of a dedicated writing/editing team. If we break up the work, we could end up doing fair shares on each comic on some occasions.

If you guys are willing, we could start a Google Group or have a group email going where we can discuss these things directly and in private. Like we can discuss on if we want to maintain the simplistic style, upgrade it a bit, or completely revise it. We can have people within the group stick to specific roles that they are better in so we can have the best looking and best written comics we can make as a group.

It's time to collaborate!
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I used to redraw them for each comic, then copy/paste everything... But now I made a base, then made the base for every character based on that, then just copy pasted them and edited the faces all the time.

But I actually haven't thought of that, yeah. We could sketch comics instead, for example, and people who can actually draw can make them but in a MUCH better art style :o Or we could just write them, but I think then the joke might be brought on differently than expected. It just depends on what you prefer I guess. But I'm sure we can manage this :D

I'm not sure how google groups work, but I bet we can manage ways to discuss things in private as a group. A skype group, for example.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

i agree with the google group thing. that would be handy.
bear in mind though, the most artistic of us might not have enough time to draw out loads of comics :3
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Well, there's you, Cayli and Regina who can draw decently. I bet Bune can too, and I'm not planning to make 5 sketches a day or something o3o
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

@Tobi: The best reason to go for a Google Group is that we can share and edit documents on it. I'd also be using the email that goes straight to my phone, so even when I'm dead on CI, you guys can find me.

@ Rav (I haven't really decided what is most appropriate to call you with your name change): We wouldn't want to put out comics any faster than three per week, and that is on a good week. That, and we want to make sure that comics are planned out properly before we finalize and post them, meaning we may have like a temporary, crappy version of the comics just to make sure the positioning of bodies and words will work and to confirm the humor can be understood beyond us.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Bunelody
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Bunelody »

Don't mind me. Just gonna walk through here~
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I think we should try to make character development more in-comic, rather than making an introduction comic.