Another book that probably will not be expected to finish.

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Did you read the 'Achknowledgements'?

Poll ended at Wed May 22, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm going to...
No votes
Nope. Don't plan to either. ((You need too))
No votes
Not yet. I will, though. Eventually...
No votes
Yep!! :3 ((I'll give you 25 CP))
100%

Total votes: 3

INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Location: Planet Mobius; hoping Eggman won't kill me. *sweatdrop*

Another book that probably will not be expected to finish.

Post by INeverBelonged »

ACHKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
Spoiler:
Hi there. It's Beam. I bet you already know that, but...what the hey, every good speech begins with introduction.
IF YOU LIKE THIS BOOK, i'm sorry but it will probably not be continued! For the life of me, I wouldn't be able to solve why I can't finish a book. Guess it's because of my impatience. Yes, I am very impatient, in case you guys didn't know. I'll get agitated if someone isn't online for 3 seconds without posting.
Anyway, enough babbling about myself, because that is stuff you probably didn't come to read!

Criticism: Welcomed.
Tips: Welcomed.
Characters: Welcomed.
Chatting nonstop for no particular reason, or just to be mean: Not welcomed. :darkno: :blah: :heroangry:

Anywayz, too get a character in this book, please PM me their name, age, gender, personality, image/description (all of which should be DETAILED) and all that stuff! In case you have poor eyesight like myself, I just put that in bold, italics and underline xD

So, please enjoy my book! I worked pretty hard on it!
Prologue:
What seems like Revenge.
(part I)
Spoiler:
In a dark forest in Mobius, a hedgehog wandered. Her black quills blended perfectly in the darkness, as well as her cameo jumpsuit. In her hand was a card deck. An ace of spades lay atop all the other cards. She flipped into a tree and hung on a branch by her legs, staring at the ace. The hedgehog snickered and threw the card on the ground, and she leapt higher up the tree. As soon as the very first molecule of the card touched the ground, everything exploded. The hedgehog was atop the tree already, and fire coursed towards her. She leapt to another tree, proceeding to do so until she was at the very edge of the forest.
She removed her face-mask and sighed, shaking her quills wildly. She fingered through her bangs and pulled to golden, dangly earrings out of her jumpsuit pocket and slid them into her ears. She removed her jumpsuit to reveal a sleeveless white dress and metallic boots. "Mission accomplished," she purred to herself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prologue:
What seems like Revenge
(Part II)
Spoiler:
The girl's name was Lotus; Lotus the Hedgehog. Not only was she a totally epicsauce hedgehog and major smart-alec, but she was also an agent for a secret underground network; the Freedom Fighters. Her metal boots clanked against the metal ground of the underground base. She squeaked as she whizzed by her brother, Novu, who was carrying a stack of books. "Sorry Bro!" Lotus squeaked.
Novu shrugged and rolled his eyes. "AHH!" He shouted when the books started to topple over. "Oof!" He sputtered when the books landed on his head. "Oh, shoot!"
Meanwhile, Lotus was skidding to a stop. The sound of metal scraping metal echoed around the base, sending cringes on the faces of every agent. "Hey, watch it!" Someone shouted.
Lotus just laughed. She opened the door.
Inside was a grim-looking cat. A male. Glasses touched the end of his muzzle.
"Your late," he snarled.
Lotus shrugged and studied the claws at the end of her hand. "Sorry Toccota. Everyone isnt perfect like you,"
The cat--Toccota--sighed and rested his hand on his forehead, as if having a headache. And, ironically, he said; "Lotus, you are a headache waiting too happen."
"Right on cue," Lotus snapped her fingers.
Toccota rolled his eyes. "Did you finish the mission?"
"Not exactly," Lotus said.
Toccota slammed his hands on his desk in exasperation. "Don't tell me you--?!"
"Blew it up," Lotus finished. "Yep!" She grinned mischievously.
"You're so bent on revenge," Toccota sighed.
"It's not revenge!!" Lotus snapped.
"Whatever you call it," sighed Toccota.
Lotus groaned and exitted. Maybe it was revenge; but she didn't care. She would get Eggman back for letting one of his...his monsters kill her father.
Chapter 1:
A break from Life
(Part I)
Spoiler:
Lotus was is a grumpy mood. When she happened to be in this mood, people often called her 'Metalmouth'. Huh. She fingered her metal tooth. Every time she shouted, it was easy to see. She guessed the cruel nickname suited her.
She opened the door to Toccota's office, her brow furrowed deeply.
"Oh dear," muttered Toccota.
"Shut it, jerk." Lotus snapped.
Toccota folded his arms and peered at her through his glasses. "Bad day?" He asked, his voice slightly edged with concern for his young agent. Hey, so what if she gave him a severe headache? Nobody's that heartless!
"How can you tell?" Lotus asked.
"I've known you for over ten years, goof." Toccota said, a rare smile touching his mouth.
Lotus shrugged. She had too say that her boss was right. Lotus had been working as a spy for since she was eight; and back then, Toccota was no leader. He was her mentor. He had thought her everything he knew; much to his horror. He had known a lot and not known what to do with it; but with Lotus having the IQ of a computer genius, she figured out ways to make her own plans.
Toccota drummed his fingers on his desk.
"OK, so I miss my parents. What's wrong with that?" Lotus snapped. She threw her arks up in exasperation. "You know what? I don't even know what I'm doing here!" She shouted, and stormed out. "I'm taking a break!"
Toccota sighed. Would she ever learn that she wasn't the only one who had it bad?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1:
A break from Life
(Part II)
Spoiler:
Lotus fled out of the tunnels, her metal boots clomping with every step. She opened her garage and grabbed her motorcycle, revved it up, and took off like a speeding missile.
She sniffed and wiped away a forming tear. She hated having bad days like this. She screeched to a halt when she came to a redlight. She blew hair out of her eyes and waited.
At last, the light turned. She took off at break-neck speed. She decided she was heading for one place;
The forest.
The forest where her father had been robotosized, then thrown into a river.
A sign said 'Forest of Soocalake: 7.1 miles'. She sighed and sped up. It wasn't like she was going to waste her time up in this man-made city. She hated it.
Minutes later, she screeched to a halt. She was at the entrance of the forest. Trailers were moving about. She went off-road and Into the distance.
Murky swamp puddles splashed up onto her bike and she slowed to a stop. She looked around. All was silent.
She got off her bike and slushed around. The place was all to familiar to her.
Suddenlythe sound of turning gears startled her. She whipped around to see...a bot! A Mecha-Bot! Lotus shrieked and dove behind a tree just as the bot fired
"What the heck?!" Lotus snapped, and dove out of the way yet again. The laser-gun was forever aimed at her. Lotus gulped. This could only mean one thing...
...Eggman had put the puzzle pieces together!
She ran behind the bit and kicked it, sending it into a swamp. Electrical sparks fluttered everywhere as the robot gave way to the muck.
She hopped back on her bike, attempting to run, in case backup was on the way. But the wheels were stuck. "Why now?!" She asked no one in particular, and left the bike.
She plunged deeper into the forest.
She heard more gears turn. She knew it! Backup. One robot couldn't defeat her, and three on one wasn't really much trouble. But...10? She didn't think she could hold off the huge, heavily-armored bots for long.
So did one thing she had never done before in her life.
She yelled for help.
Chapter 2:
What's really going on
((Part I))
Spoiler:
Lotus continued to run, yelling for help. She leapt over a log, the bots following close behind. She suddenly felt herself being...trapped. Oh no! She should've known!
More bots came out of nowhere, grabbing her wrists. She gasped and attempted to run, but hey had already gotten her. She growled and kicked their weak legs, which unfortunately for her foot, remained in place. "Let go!"
"Must carry out orders," one (that was particularly large) said mechanically. He picked her up by her collar, and Lotus looked very surly at the moment.
"To the base," he ordered the others. They nodded and flew in the opposite direction.
Oh no, Lotus thought. If the base is that way...
Suddenly the bot raised his left arm. Lotus' breath caught in her throat.
She felt an extreme pain in her head a second later, and everything went black.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotus blinked. Sunlight spilled into her eyes. "Oi," she groaned. "My head..." She attempted to rub it, but her hands seemed to be stuck. Lotus sweatdropped. "Oh no,"
She looked behind her. Cuffs! She was chained to a pole. She jingled her arms around, but it was no use. She was permanently...stuck.
"Hey!" She protested. "Let me go,"
'As if," a character in the shadows laughed. "If you think you're going to be key go at simple protest, you're crazier then Sonic!"
The voice wad all to familiar. She growled. "Get over here coward!!" She shouted, fuming with anger.
It was Eggman.
"You're to much like your father," sneered Eggman.
Lotus launched herself forward, only to be stopped. Sweat trickled down her face from attempt. She growled angrily.
"Well, well," laughed Eggman. "Poor you,"
Lotus raged. She jerked back and forth, but she only got weaker, and weaker. Her growls turned to whimpers and she slowed to a stop.
Eggman chuckled. "Weakening, are we?"
"You sick, sick scientist!" Snarled Lotus.
"Thank you," laughed Eggman. "Goodbye,"
"Wha-?" Before Lotus could protest...she vanished.
Chapter 2:
What's really going on
((Part II))
Spoiler:
Lotus awakened. It was pitch black. She groaned and looked upwards--at what she presumed must be the sky. White stars speckled the cloudless sky, and the moon shone as bright as ever.
Lotus stood up and dusted off her dress. "Where am I?" She wondered. She could barely remember what had happened, but what she did know is that it involved her nemesis. She scanned the area with her emerald green eyes. "Hmm..."
A faint figure appeared in the distance. It's eyes glinted in the moonlight, shining like red stars. The figure was staring straight at her, with barely a sound coming from his lungs.
Lotus stared back. She felt a bit nausiated. But she couldn't bring herself to tear her eyes away. So scary, yet captivating. So sickening, yet so perfect.
Finally, the figure moved. It slowly moved its head forward and motioned with its finger to follow, and then it disappeared into the shadows.
"Wait!" She called, and darted after it.
Vines swung from the branches, catching her every move, making it a struggle for her too reach the now disappearing shadow. Her breathing was tightening, as if there was a gas, mingling with the air. She coughed, but forced herself onward.
At last, she reached a clearing in the woods where the moon was brighter, the stars were clearer, and everything was so perfectly silent. Lotus, confused, looked around.
But the shadow was gone.
Chapter 3:
Alone and confused
(Part I)
Spoiler:
Lotus was weirded out, scared, and alone. She looked around the clearing, searching for the strange figure. How had he just vanished like that? Where was she? What had Eggman done to get her here? What seemed like zillions of questions zapped through her mind all at once, making her feel dizzy. Even if she was really smart, she couldn't take this much pressure. She sat down so she wouldn't topple over.
The moon began to fade, and Lotus still sat. The puzzle couldn't be solved! She looked up at the sky, just as the first grey streaks of dawn peered over the horizon. She guessed she better get going, figure out where she was. She stood up and started walking.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
At last, Lotus reached a town. It was a small town, nothing special, but it had a home-like feeling to it, especially with the new rays of dawn touching it lightly. She sniffed the crisp air happily. It really did seem like her old home...
An echidna was kicking a ball with his knee, while a female Fox was murmuring something, her eyes moving along with the ball. Lotus watched them for a while, until the echidna spotted her. "What the..."
The fox flicked her ear, and turned to the echidna. "Who's that?"
"How am I supposed to know?" Asked the echidna. He caught the ball and tossed it up, and it landed on his finger. He spun it about, still staring.
Lotus shuffled her feet awkwardly and cast her glance to the sky. But she still had the feeling they were watching her, so she darted.
"?! Hey!" The echidna protested, bolting after her.
The Fox gave him a quizzical look, then followed.
Lotus scaled a tree. "Hmm," she said.
"Where did she go?!" The echidna had a perplexed look on his face. The fox sighed and crossed her arms. "Does it matter?" She challenged.
"She was staring at us. It makes me feel...ugh," he shuddered. "Watched."
"That's because you are watched," she rolled her eyes.
Lotus stifled a laugh, but the echidna seemed to have good hearing. "I heard her. She's here,"
The fox facepalmed.
The echidna scanned the the clearing, then looked up in her direction. Lotus squeaked and darted.
"Get back here!" She heard him call. This made her go faster
At last, they both seemed to be out of sight. She blew out a sigh of relief and hung among the branches, scanning the area.
She had to get out of here.
Chapter 3:
Alone and Confused
(Part II)
l
Spoiler:
Lotus had a feeling she would meet those guys again. She dropped from the tree, putting her hand to her chin in thought. She heard them talk while she was up that tree; and they didn't seem bad. Maybe she should go talk to them.
She started walking, but then she got that sickening feeling she got when she met that weird hedgehog. She froze in her tracks. She felt followed.
Lotus whipped around, just in time to see a shadow slip away. When glared at it for as long as she could see it, then ran. Not just run fast; she ran as fast as her legs would carry her. She glanced behind her for a second, then ran smack-dab in the middle of something. "Oi..." She said, stars circling her head. "I think now would be a good time for a nap...!" And with that, she collapsed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ace--the echidna--and his pal Flora--the fox--saw her crash. "THERE SHE IS!!" gasped Ace, pointing.
Flora sighed. "I know, Ace," she growled. She walked over. "Hey, you. Are you OK?"
The girl was out cold.
"Take her back to the house," ordered Flora. Ace gave her a confused look. "...now..?"
"Yes. Now," Flora repeated.
Ace sighed and heaved the hedgehog up and into his arms, and grumbled reluctantly. "Well, lets get going. The sooner we get there, the sooner I can let her go. Move those feet!!" He started running.
Flora chuckled and followed.
Last edited by INeverBelonged on Thu May 02, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
SnowyTheHedgehog wrote:( It's okay! Woohoo! Beam's back! *Partayyy* )
Current Avatar created by chaosnachochao! THANKS!
Another Story by Me
I GOT THE MANGA BIBLE NYAAAA!!
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Re: Another book that probably will not be expected to finis

Post by Lamby »

Well when you're young you're experiencing many new things and have a lot of distractions, so it's normal not to finish stories. What's important is that you keep writing in general for practice, even if the story isn't finished.

This character is very intriguing. Makes me wonder what her mission was and who gave it!
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by INeverBelonged »

:D thanks~
Another Story by Me
INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by INeverBelonged »

Sorry for double post. Part II

Prologue:
What seems like Revenge
(Part II)
Spoiler:
The girl's name was Lotus; Lotus the Hedgehog. Not only was she a totally epicsauce hedgehog and major smart-alec, but she was also an agent for a secret underground network; the Freedom Fighters. Her metal boots clanked against the metal ground of the underground base. She squeaked as she whizzed by her brother, Novu, who was carrying a stack of books. "Sorry Bro!" Lotus squeaked.
Novu shrugged and rolled his eyes. "AHH!" He shouted when the books started to topple over. "Oof!" He sputtered when the books landed on his head. "Oh, shoot!"
Meanwhile, Lotus was skidding to a stop. The sound of metal scraping metal echoed around the base, sending cringes on the faces of every agent. "Hey, watch it!" Someone shouted.
Lotus just laughed. She opened the door.
Inside was a grim-looking cat. A male. Glasses touched the end of his muzzle.
"Your late," he snarled.
Lotus shrugged and studied the claws at the end of her hand. "Sorry Toccota. Everyone isnt perfect like you,"
The cat--Toccota--sighed and rested his hand on his forehead, as if having a headache. And, ironically, he said; "Lotus, you are a headache waiting too happen."
"Right on cue," Lotus snapped her fingers.
Toccota rolled his eyes. "Did you finish the mission?"
"Not exactly," Lotus said.
Toccota slammed his hands on his desk in exasperation. "Don't tell me you--?!"
"Blew it up," Lotus finished. "Yep!" She grinned mischievously.
"You're so bent on revenge," Toccota sighed.
"It's not revenge!!" Lotus snapped.
"Whatever you call it," sighed Toccota.
Lotus groaned and exitted. Maybe it was revenge; but she didn't care. She would get Eggman back for letting one of his...his monsters kill her father.
Another Story by Me
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Smothered with awesomesauce.
INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by INeverBelonged »

Thanks Eboy :D

Edit: Making Chappy Uno!
Another Story by Me
Griffin E
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Griffin E »

Can't just end it here o: She needs her revenge
Check out KeatonLab's art topic
RinaLin
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: All Toasters Toast Toast

Post by RinaLin »

Aww. I wanna read more. This is an excellent story!
~Chocolini The Chocolate Pasta~
"Cause it's easy to ignore, till the walls around you shatter. Nothing seems to matter anymore..."
INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by INeverBelonged »

Thanks~! Like I said, making Chapter 1, so it shouldnt end here lol
Another Story by Me
INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by INeverBelonged »

Chapter 1:
A break from Life
(Part I)
Spoiler:
Lotus was is a grumpy mood. When she happened to be in this mood, people often called her 'Metalmouth'. Huh. She fingered her metal tooth. Every time she shouted, it was easy to see. She guessed the cruel nickname suited her.
She opened the door to Toccota's office, her brow furrowed deeply.
"Oh dear," muttered Toccota.
"Shut it, jerk." Lotus snapped.
Toccota folded his arms and peered at her through his glasses. "Bad day?" He asked, his voice slightly edged with concern for his young agent. Hey, so what if she gave him a severe headache? Nobody's that heartless!
"How can you tell?" Lotus asked.
"I've known you for over ten years, goof." Toccota said, a rare smile touching his mouth.
Lotus shrugged. She had too say that her boss was right. Lotus had been working as a spy for since she was eight; and back then, Toccota was no leader. He was her mentor. He had thought her everything he knew; much to his horror. He had known a lot and not known what to do with it; but with Lotus having the IQ of a computer genius, she figured out ways to make her own plans.
Toccota drummed his fingers on his desk.
"OK, so I miss my parents. What's wrong with that?" Lotus snapped. She threw her arks up in exasperation. "You know what? I don't even know what I'm doing here!" She shouted, and stormed out. "I'm taking a break!"
Toccota sighed. Would she ever learn that she wasn't the only one who had it bad?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another Story by Me
Griffin E
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Griffin E »

Woot Chapter 1 :D
Check out KeatonLab's art topic
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Chapter 1:
A break from Life
(Part II)
Spoiler:
Lotus fled out of the tunnels, her metal boots clomping with every step. She opened her garage and grabbed her motorcycle, revved it up, and took off like a speeding missile.
She sniffed and wiped away a forming tear. She hated having bad days like this. She screeched to a halt when she came to a redlight. She blew hair out of her eyes and waited.
At last, the light turned. She took off at break-neck speed. She decided she was heading for one place;
The forest.
The forest where her father had been robotosized, then thrown into a river.
A sign said 'Forest of Soocalake: 7.1 miles'. She sighed and sped up. It wasn't like she was going to waste her time up in this man-made city. She hated it.
Minutes later, she screeched to a halt. She was at the entrance of the forest. Trailers were moving about. She went off-road and Into the distance.
Murky swamp puddles splashed up onto her bike and she slowed to a stop. She looked around. All was silent.
She got off her bike and slushed around. The place was all to familiar to her.
Suddenlythe sound of turning gears startled her. She whipped around to see...a bot! A Mecha-Bot! Lotus shrieked and dove behind a tree just as the bot fired
"What the heck?!" Lotus snapped, and dove out of the way yet again. The laser-gun was forever aimed at her. Lotus gulped. This could only mean one thing...
...Eggman had put the puzzle pieces together!
She ran behind the bit and kicked it, sending it into a swamp. Electrical sparks fluttered everywhere as the robot gave way to the muck.
She hopped back on her bike, attempting to run, in case backup was on the way. But the wheels were stuck. "Why now?!" She asked no one in particular, and left the bike.
She plunged deeper into the forest.
She heard more gears turn. She knew it! Backup. One robot couldn't defeat her, and three on one wasn't really much trouble. But...10? She didn't think she could hold off the huge, heavily-armored bots for long.
So did one thing she had never done before in her life.
She yelled for help.
Hiyo, people who didn't know that INeverBelonged was me, Beam! I'm continuing this story. Yay!
peace out ci
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Location: Back from Atlanta greeting my welcoming party of my friends here on CI!:3

Post by KeatonWood »

Awesome story beam!
Adorable member of the chu team!~
Want art?You got it! Click me
Adventures Of Kyro The Hedgehog
SSBB Friend code:. 2667-2830-0644
Spoiler:
Depressed and a little upset.
Like a jellyfish sting, the pain last some time. :(
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Thanks! :)

Chapter 2:
What's really going on
((Part I))
Spoiler:
Lotus continued to run, yelling for help. She leapt over a log, the bots following close behind. She suddenly felt herself being...trapped. Oh no! She should've known!
More bots came out of nowhere, grabbing her wrists. She gasped and attempted to run, but hey had already gotten her. She growled and kicked their weak legs, which unfortunately for her foot, remained in place. "Let go!"
"Must carry out orders," one (that was particularly large) said mechanically. He picked her up by her collar, and Lotus looked very surly at the moment.
"To the base," he ordered the others. They nodded and flew in the opposite direction.
Oh no, Lotus thought. If the base is that way...
Suddenly the bot raised his left arm. Lotus' breath caught in her throat.
She felt an extreme pain in her head a second later, and everything went black.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotus blinked. Sunlight spilled into her eyes. "Oi," she groaned. "My head..." She attempted to rub it, but her hands seemed to be stuck. Lotus sweatdropped. "Oh no,"
She looked behind her. Cuffs! She was chained to a pole. She jingled her arms around, but it was no use. She was permanently...stuck.
"Hey!" She protested. "Let me go,"
'As if," a character in the shadows laughed. "If you think you're going to be key go at simple protest, you're crazier then Sonic!"
The voice wad all to familiar. She growled. "Get over here coward!!" She shouted, fuming with anger.
It was Eggman.
"You're to much like your father," sneered Eggman.
Lotus launched herself forward, only to be stopped. Sweat trickled down her face from attempt. She growled angrily.
"Well, well," laughed Eggman. "Poor you,"
Lotus raged. She jerked back and forth, but she only got weaker, and weaker. Her growls turned to whimpers and she slowed to a stop.
Eggman chuckled. "Weakening, are we?"
"You sick, sick scientist!" Snarled Lotus.
"Thank you," laughed Eggman. "Goodbye,"
"Wha-?" Before Lotus could protest...she vanished.
peace out ci
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Location: Back from Atlanta greeting my welcoming party of my friends here on CI!:3

Post by KeatonWood »

I must know what happens next its so good!
Spoiler:
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

:3 thanks~
peace out ci
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by KeatonWood »

No problem.
Spoiler:
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Chapter 2:
What's really going on
((Part II))
Spoiler:
Lotus awakened. It was pitch black. She groaned and looked upwards--at what she presumed must be the sky. White stars speckled the cloudless sky, and the moon shone as bright as ever.
Lotus stood up and dusted off her dress. "Where am I?" She wondered. She could barely remember what had happened, but what she did know is that it involved her nemesis. She scanned the area with her emerald green eyes. "Hmm..."
A faint figure appeared in the distance. It's eyes glinted in the moonlight, shining like red stars. The figure was staring straight at her, with barely a sound coming from his lungs.
Lotus stared back. She felt a bit nausiated. But she couldn't bring herself to tear her eyes away. So scary, yet captivating. So sickening, yet so perfect.
Finally, the figure moved. It slowly moved its head forward and motioned with its finger to follow, and then it disappeared into the shadows.
"Wait!" She called, and darted after it.
Vines swung from the branches, catching her every move, making it a struggle for her too reach the now disappearing shadow. Her breathing was tightening, as if there was a gas, mingling with the air. She coughed, but forced herself onward.
At last, she reached a clearing in the woods where the moon was brighter, the stars were clearer, and everything was so perfectly silent. Lotus, confused, looked around.
But the shadow was gone.
peace out ci
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Chapter 3:
Alone and confused
(Part I)
Spoiler:
Lotus was weirded out, scared, and alone. She looked around the clearing, searching for the strange figure. How had he just vanished like that? Where was she? What had Eggman done to get her here? What seemed like zillions of questions zapped through her mind all at once, making her feel dizzy. Even if she was really smart, she couldn't take this much pressure. She sat down so she wouldn't topple over.
The moon began to fade, and Lotus still sat. The puzzle couldn't be solved! She looked up at the sky, just as the first grey streaks of dawn peered over the horizon. She guessed she better get going, figure out where she was. She stood up and started walking.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
At last, Lotus reached a town. It was a small town, nothing special, but it had a home-like feeling to it, especially with the new rays of dawn touching it lightly. She sniffed the crisp air happily. It really did seem like her old home...
An echidna was kicking a ball with his knee, while a female Fox was murmuring something, her eyes moving along with the ball. Lotus watched them for a while, until the echidna spotted her. "What the..."
The fox flicked her ear, and turned to the echidna. "Who's that?"
"How am I supposed to know?" Asked the echidna. He caught the ball and tossed it up, and it landed on his finger. He spun it about, still staring.
Lotus shuffled her feet awkwardly and cast her glance to the sky. But she still had the feeling they were watching her, so she darted.
"?! Hey!" The echidna protested, bolting after her.
The Fox gave him a quizzical look, then followed.
Lotus scaled a tree. "Hmm," she said.
"Where did she go?!" The echidna had a perplexed look on his face. The fox sighed and crossed her arms. "Does it matter?" She challenged.
"She was staring at us. It makes me feel...ugh," he shuddered. "Watched."
"That's because you are watched," she rolled her eyes.
Lotus stifled a laugh, but the echidna seemed to have good hearing. "I heard her. She's here,"
The fox facepalmed.
The echidna scanned the the clearing, then looked up in her direction. Lotus squeaked and darted.
"Get back here!" She heard him call. This made her go faster
At last, they both seemed to be out of sight. She blew out a sigh of relief and hung among the branches, scanning the area.
She had to get out of here.
peace out ci
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Chapter 3:
Alone and Confused
(Part II)
l
Spoiler:
Lotus had a feeling she would meet those guys again. She dropped from the tree, putting her hand to her chin in thought. She heard them talk while she was up that tree; and they didn't seem bad. Maybe she should go talk to them.
She started walking, but then she got that sickening feeling she got when she met that weird hedgehog. She froze in her tracks. She felt followed.
Lotus whipped around, just in time to see a shadow slip away. When glared at it for as long as she could see it, then ran. Not just run fast; she ran as fast as her legs would carry her. She glanced behind her for a second, then ran smack-dab in the middle of something. "Oi..." She said, stars circling her head. "I think now would be a good time for a nap...!" And with that, she collapsed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ace--the echidna--and his pal Flora--the fox--saw her crash. "THERE SHE IS!!" gasped Ace, pointing.
Flora sighed. "I know, Ace," she growled. She walked over. "Hey, you. Are you OK?"
The girl was out cold.
"Take her back to the house," ordered Flora. Ace gave her a confused look. "...now..?"
"Yes. Now," Flora repeated.
Ace sighed and heaved the hedgehog up and into his arms, and grumbled reluctantly. "Well, lets get going. The sooner we get there, the sooner I can let her go. Move those feet!!" He started running.
Flora chuckled and followed.
peace out ci
RinaLin
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by RinaLin »

^.^ Me loves!
"Cause it's easy to ignore, till the walls around you shatter. Nothing seems to matter anymore..."
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Thankies~

Chapter 4:
Ace, Lotus and Flora
(Part 1)
Spoiler:
Lotus awakened in the middle of the night, on a sofa. Her head hurt. She rubbed it and sighed, looking around. Once again, she asked; "Where am I?"
"Morning sleeping beauty," a voice scoffed.
"Don't be rude," another voice said. Two figures stepped out of the shadows. "Hi, my name is Flora." she fox spoke. "This is my adopted brother, Ace. Who are you?"
"Forgive me for answering a question with a question but...where am I?" Lotus asked.
"You're in our little town called Fazorine." Ace said. "Now, please tell us who you are."
"Lotus. The hedgehog," she replied.
Ace nodded and crossed his arms. "Well, Lotus, how did you get here?"
"My archenemesis did something..." Lotus said. "He..sent me here with some weird time machine, I guess...or maybe a vortex." she scratched her head in thought. "I don't really remember,"
"Interesting. Doesn't help much, but it's interesting." Flora shrugged.
"What day is it?" Lotus asked.
"June 23, 1934," Ace replied.
"Oh my word," Lotus gasped. "I must've traveled threw time!!"
"Traveled threw time?!" Ace asked. "Haha, nice. You got us,"
"No i'm serious. Where I live, it's 2013!" Lotus protested.
Flora gaped. "The 21 century?! I wish I would be able to live to see that,"
Lotus nodded. "By the way," she began. "Do you have any troubles here?"
"There's been constant shadows lurking in the woods, depression in some places because of unknown deaths, and so on...why?"
"Ah-ha!" Lotus grabbed her coat and flung herself out the door and into the night.
"?! Where are you going?!" called Flora.
"To figure something out!" Lotus answered, and disappeared.
peace out ci
RinaLin
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by RinaLin »

Funny, my b-day is June 25
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

mines the 22nd
peace out ci
RinaLin
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by RinaLin »

Cool!