I'll Never Forget You

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

I'll Never Forget You

Post by Corvo »

[WARNING: 2DEEP4U]

"Mighty Lord Vincent, I have a wish to ask,"

"What is it, my child?"

The man kneeled before the altar, the gem eyes of it glowing a white color. His hands together and eyes closed, as to not be killed by it's divine gaze.

"I have done what you have asked. I killed the goatherd that vandalized your image. I ask for immortality. I wish to see me, my wife, and child can see this world forever, together,"

"A great request. But, you have faithfully followed me to the ends of the Earth, even when the world attempted to convince you that I was but a fake,"

"Please, my lord,"

The room flashed a bright white, and the man collapsed. Gasping for breath, he looked down at his hands. The cuts on his hands sealed immediately. His hair turned from grey to a healthy brown color. His beard remained. He felt no more weakness in his body. Yes, the god had answered him!

This man, Homer, rushed home. From the fields of what would become known as Greece, the man held his very pregnant wife close. He was about to have his own child. A son, a daughter, it did not matter. He would be with them forever. He told her of his gift, and the joy doubled.

Years passed, the family grew, and had a son. But, the world crashed apart one day.

His son slipped on a rock and sliced open his face. Tears running down his cheeks, his father rushed to his crying son. The wound was not healing.

Horror rushed to the man's face. He had payed no attention to his family. Only he was not aging. His wife's hair grayed. The boy had splinters and cuts all over.

He spoke no words. Vincent had betrayed him! He kept to himself his horror. The wife knew what he had realized, and held him close and told him that he was the sole keeper of the gift.

Time passed. They made the most of it. His wife, now 80 years old, lay on her deathbed.

"Homer, you stood by my side through all. Our son has left for battle. I know your mind has been weak lately, with all the stress. But please, remember one thing: the name of both my son, and my own name,"

Homer held her hand, her name was gone from his mind. So was his son's.

"Please... remind me... so I can remember in your voice,"

"Penelope and... Isaac,"

"I'll never forget you, my love"

She closed her eyes, and drifted off.

Homer looked down at his hands once more. Still young. Clean. Brown hairs. Smooth white skin.

And with all of his old life gone, he set off to start another.

--------

This is the prologue. It's kind of rushed. I'll go back and finish it. It's just to set up the adventures. Better characterization, more dialogue, and better descriptions will be from the next chapter on.

I'll give the time right now as "A REALLY LONG TIME AGO IN MADE UP RELIGIONTOWN".
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Re: I'll Never Forget You

Post by Dr. Roivas »

*kisses ur beautiful face*

i love u corvo
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

I assume this will one day become the same Homer who wrote the Iliad and the Odyssey?
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

Oh my god I didn't even make the connection.

I love you even harder.
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

Penelope was the wife of Odysseus.

Their son's name wasn't Isaac, though - it was more like Telephone.

Maybe he forgets a name or two but decides to immortalize them in writing.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

i still want this goddamnit