The Criminal's Last Request

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

The Criminal's Last Request

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

A little while back, I decided to try and continue The Criminal's Final Wishes...then I read over it. It wasn't that it was bad, mind you, but it was inconsistent and I'd written myself into a bit of a whole. Plus, I've improved since then and I feel like seeing how much.
So without further adieu, from a new beginning.

Chapter One: A New Beginning

He walked through the forest, arms crossed tightly in front of him. His hat was drooping over just enough to make a small blue imprint in the corner of his eye, but not so much so he couldn't see. It wouldn't matter, though, because he was emptily staring at the ground, deep in thought. His hands clenched as he fought to keep the tears in his eyes from escaping.
"And even after all of that, you have the NERVE to come back here and ask to see him!? BEGONE!"
He slowed down as his fists curled tighter and tighter, biting his lip in a futile effort to hold back his inevitable breakdown.
"Master's brother gone! Your fault!"
He quivered in place for a moment before collapsing against a tree, back against it as he weakly gazed down at the moss as the sheen of rainwater on it steadily grew thicker.
"......What...what did I do?"
His hat fell off, the subtle balance keeping it there disrupted by a particularly heavy raindrop. It landed with a wet plop and lay there, mud clutching at it from below and around it.
"........"
He slid down, sitting in place and staring at his hands. The smell of mud filled his nostrils but he didn't notice.
.......There went the idea of apologizing.
It had been two months since his last battle with Black. In the process they had demolished Victory Road, flown across half the continent, and brought his castle crashing down. But it was what happened afterwards that was on his mind.
I hope he's okay, wherever he is...
His train of thought was cut short as he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head. Everything went black.
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Re: The Criminal's Last Request

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

N slowly awakened sitting in a relatively posh cell of some kind. Bars traveled across his vision, seperating him from a rather nasty looking person in a police uniform. N's hands were, surprisingly, unrestrained, as were his ankles. However, dread grabbed N as he reached for his trusty Zoroark's pokeball. As his fingers closed around empty air, his entire body froze. The color drained from his face and he could hear his own heartbeat as it stopped for a sickening moment. However, he was forcefully jerked back into the present as the man before him, snickering, pulled out a key.
"You're a heavy sleeper, kid."
He swung the iron door open, causing it to emit a grating, cold wail as it ground against the ceiling. The man stepped forward, roughly grabbing N by the shoulder, and threw him out through the gap. As N got up to his hands and knees, he was again grabbed by the shoulder and dragged forward. Soon he was seated in front of Driftveil's owner, Clay. The man sat at a wooden, tan-ish desk, strumming his fingers against it. He saw N and nodded slightly, prompting the man holding him to practically throw N at the chair on the other side of the desk. Taking it and looking at the man in front of him, N grimaced.
"My apologies for your treatment on the way here,"
The older man started, pushing a glass of water onto N's side of the table,
"But I'm growing old and I can't do everything myself as I used to."
Clay waited for N to take a slow, cautious drink of water before continuing.
"You look like a deer caught in headlights, boy!"
Unsure how to respond, N blankly stared back at him.
"I left Plasma, leave me alone."
This elicited a laugh from Clay, who proceeded to give N a borderline death glare.
"I am aware of this. However, I needed to ask you a few questions. The public doesn't want to hear about how you've reformed, that stunt you pulled two months ago screwed you over too thoroughly for words to fix. How about this deal: You tell me everything you know about the green-haired cyclops and I'll think of a way to smooth that over so you don't have an entire country trying to murder you."
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.