Blood Nation Uprising

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Blood Nation Uprising

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

As usual, I have a little jig before the actual story. Tradition. Anyway, I had this idea a while back and I wasn't sure whether or not to put it up here but eventually I just decided, "Screw it I'm doing it anyway." As a bit of a warning, the world this is set in is loosely based on Avatar, but other than that everything in it is original. Other than any and all of the overabundant mound of references I will certainly make because that's just what I tend to do. Ahem.

The rain continued to fall, relentlessly pounding against the window and obscuring one's view, filling the air with its unique dark blue hue. The mountains to the east and west blurred together as large splotches of water ran down the glass of the window. However, the young man who was peering out of it with his hand propped against the adjacent wall and the other obscuring his right eye was focusing to hard to be bothered by it. His gaze was honed entirely on the desert to the south. In the center of it was a massive crater, which grew smaller with every passing day as sand descended into it. He sighed, his entire body otherwise remaining still. Silently, he began to drum his pointer finger against the wall, his eye slowly drifting up towards the night sky. The moon was full that night, but rain clouds left it totally obscured.
"........"
He swung his right foot around him, turning and allowing his arms to drop to his sides.
"I should probably get some sleep, I don't want Kayle getting worried."
He lifted his hands again, pressing them against his temple.
"Granted, I'm doing this right now because I can't sleep."
His eyes refocused on the hallway in front of him. He was in the farthest room to the right of the palace, overlooking the mountains to the east and west. His "room" was at the top of a tower near the center, which had sounded like a good idea before he realized he'd have to walk there and back daily.
"I still don't know why I thought that was a good idea..."
He turned around yet again, looking at his transparent reflection reflection in the window. Back during the last war he'd worn red plate armor connected by chain mail at first and ordinary leather later after a certain discovery, but now he was wearing an ordinary red tunic and matching leggings. A smirk covered his face, breaking his somber frown for the first time that night.
"......I probably look ridiculous to the common folk, being an emperor who just wears a tunic and pants. No crown, no cape, no robe, they aren't even purple!"
He broke into a laugh before abruptly stopping.
"Horrible joke aside, I...should probably go get some sleep."
He turned to face the hallway and walked, slowly advancing forward until he reached the base of the tower, then advancing up until he got to the top.

Aaaaaaand ridiculously long, mostly empty introduction aside, I promise it'll get exciting fast. I was just setting the stage. Although as a warning (if the title wasn't enough) there will be a lot of gore later.
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Re: Blood Nation Uprising

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

Chapter 1: Black Wind of Turmoil
The sun slowly meandered its way into the heights of the sky, casting its signature pink hue across the heavens around it. For the Red Palace and its inhabitants, the day had begun.
"Time to wake, Mistress Kayle. Your father wants you awake for the feast later."
Kayle, having been in the middle of a pleasant dream, grumpily sat up, slowly wiping the cobwebs of grogginess from her mind as she slowly moved her eyes to look at the visitor in her room. He was wearing the usual red plate uniform, and had short black hair along with dull grey eyes.
"Very well, I'm up, go on about your day,"
She lazily responded, several seconds late, in a sleepy voice that made her stifled yawn obvious. The man's response was still a respectful bow and exit, however, and as he left he shut the door. Climbing to her feet, Kayle went to her mirror, running her nails across the corners of her eyes to dispose of the accumulated crust which had built up there. Looking into the mirror as she sat on the small wooden chair that sat before it, she looked over the large, cumbersome pair of white wings that protruded from her back. They had large feathers covering every inch of them, large soft feathers, but underneath of them her wings were solid and heavy. Rather than extending straight back like normal, hers rose upwards curving out in such a way that they almost formed a circle with the top above her head and the bottom in her back. She was wearing linen robes as usual, the same white color as her wings, and set to combing her long brown hair.

Several minutes later, Kayle walked into the kitchen, where her father was busy eating a sandwich.
"........seriously? You have some of the best chefs in a country at your beck and call...and you're eating a sandwich?"
Her father merely shrugged, eyes still on the sandwich.
"I never really liked fancy food, myself. I'm not a very good ruler anyway, I may as well act normal."
A knock at the door grabbed their attention as another servant walked over.
"Uh, a Bird is here to see you. He's a raven with a scythe."
Setting his sandwich down on the table next to him, the king stood.

Wait, why doesn't he have a name? I guess I have to fix that.
P r o t a g o n i s t
Is this okay?
> yes
>no

Protagonist looked towards the door as it swung open, with the look of someone in the middle of a dissection on his face.
"Ryan, long time no see."
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.