<Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q>

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Re: < \ Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q / >

Post by quartzlcc »

Zack waited as one of the would-be heroic chao made his way to the pool with the bucket. Just then, Zack unleashed an enormous amount of dark energy. Incredibly hot, purple flames erupted just around all the edges of the pool except for where he stood, elevated above the endangered chao.

"Tremble!" He yelled, and the flames seemed to get angrier with him. The panicking chao affixed their eyes to him now. Zack saw something delicious, something very pleasing, in all their faces -- fear.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

The palm leaves were now ablaze, coughing up a thick smoke into the air above them. "Hurry!" the first chao yelled back at his friend, only to draw in a gasp when he saw the column of dark flame shoot up around the pool.

Kinto Q smirked subtly at the way Zack was handling those captured within his dark energy trap. Confidently, he strode out from his cover, almost sauntering into view. "Good evening," he greeted the chao standing nearby.

"Y-you...! Are you the o-one who m-murdered that chao in the city?" he stammered, taking a step back.

"One in the same," Kinto Q took a bow with one of his hands on his cape to keep it from touching the ground during the gesture. "And it would seem I've added at least seven more to that death count, should you look around you."

"L-leave! N-now!" The chao sounded braver than he looked, quaking where he stood.

Kinto Q shook his head. "I think not just yet. You see, I'm here on business. And until that business is concluded, I shall be staying as long as I like." He removed his fourth grenade and idly tossed and caught it a few times in his palm.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

"What do you want?!" One of the chao yelled, who looked to be struggling to wade. One of the babies was doing everything it could to keep its head above water.
"Oh, nothing in particular." Zack said, amused. "Not me, anyway. You'll just have to sit tight a moment, I believe my master has ..." He paused, "An open-ended request."
"What are you, some sort of terrorist? W-we at the Normal Garden don't negotiate with terrorists!" A neutral fly chao spoke.
"Something like that," He stated, seemingly bored. Zack then grinned sinisterly. "Getting kind of warm isn't it?"

--

Were-Adrian sniffed. The air smelled vaguely of smoke. The forest animals scampered South ... So he looked North. Sure enough, thick smoke billowed above into the night sky. With a loud roar, he sprinted off towards the commotion on all fours.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"Hold onto this, will you?" Kinto Q asked, almost politely. He pulled the pin and placed the grenade in the chao's hand, walking in the direction of the pond. The chao stood in stunned distress a moment, staring down at the live grenade in his hand. A split second later he threw it towards Kinto Q with all his might, but of course Kinto Q had seen that play coming. He flicked his hand, rebounding the grenade with a small energy barrier, sending it hurtling back toward where it had been thrown, detonating before the chao could have a chance to even attempt a dodge.

When Kinto Q reached the pool's edge, he opened up his arms, a wide smile spreading across his face in the process. He spoke loudly over the crackling flames. "Ahh, my soon to be subjects. Well some of you, anyway; I've no doubt some of you are rather stubborn. Greetings of the most cordial nature. I am the Legendary Kinto Q," he introduced.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

"Cordial?!" The neutral fly chao yelled again. "You just blew up half our garden!!"
"Don't hurt my baby!!" A sapphire swim chao spoke shrilly. She was holding the previously drowning baby chao.
Zack laughed harshly. There was a brief, tense silence.

"What is it you want?" a Dark Power chao said suddenly. He looked less afraid than the others.
Zack looked to Kinto Q, interested in how his master would go about this.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Kinto Q placed his hand upon his breast in a gesture of sincerity. "Madam, I assure you, no harm shall come to your young one, as long as you submit to my desires." He removed his fifth grenade, pulled the pin and lobbed it carelessly somewhere behind him as if he didn't care where it ended up. It exploded in a blast that ruffled his cape, but otherwise untroubled him. "As for your... precious garden. It is no longer of concern to you, as you have a new place to call home." He dropped the gentle tone his voice had held, growing authoritative as he clenched his fist in front of himself. "You all shall pledge yourself to me in bargain for your safety. You shall abide by my decrees and follow, without question. You shall find me generous, beyond measure. Your alternative is a slow, agonizing death, which I can assure you my student can provide," he motioned to Zack. "Do we have any decisions, hmmm?" he drew out the sound, glancing between the chao huddled together in the water.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Commotion broke out. Many of the troubled chao spoke at once, yelling questions and curses all about.

"Silence!" Zack bellowed, the fires churning forth brighter and more harsh than ever. "Were the instructions unclear? Cooperate. Or," he added, "Don't, and pay the penalty. I wouldn't go with that option, however. My master is most merciful indeed. Were it my choice, you would all be dead already."

"Zack?" A red normal chao spoke. "It is you, isn't it? What are you ... What are you doing with this guy?"

Zack clenched his eyes shut, trembling. "I'm warning you, Charlie."

"This isn't you, man. You-You're better than this." He trembled slightly. A moment later, hot flames burst forth from Zack's palm and he was eviscerated nearly instantaneously.

"Now," Zack was breathing heavily. "Will anyone else question my power?"
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Kinto Q's eyebrow lifted at the sudden burst of rage from his apprentice. The chao who'd been closest to "Charlie" screamed, recoiling from the heat. One of them began to sob, paddling toward the swim chao who was their captor. "Please, please let us go! W-we'll do anything! I… I'll do anything!!"

Ah, their will was beginning to break. "Excellent," Kinto Q commented and he snapped his fingers, causing a brief break in the dark energy barrier, allowing the run chao to scramble out before the barrier reformed with renewed heat. He clicked the final grenade from his belt, handing it to the chao. "You shall hurl this at the playground over there," Kinto Q instructed. The run chao took it, trembling and uncertain, staring down at the device of destruction and then glancing at the empty playground and back at the grenade.

"Erik, what are you doing?!" a neutral chao in the pool demanded.

"Don't do what he says!" another chimed in.

"Erik," Kinto Q said lowly, dangerously. "I am waiting."
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Zack watched in anticipation, his body still somewhat tense and his mind concentrating on keeping the flames blazing.
"Use it against him!" One of them yelled.
Erik, trembling, finally made his decision. "I'm ... I'm sorry, but I don't have a choice! We don't have a choice!" He pulled the pin and lobbed the grenade towards the playground.
As it sailed, a ferocious roar pierced the air. Were-Adrian, the large, furry, grey beast arose from the nearby foliage and lunged for the grenade, knocking it aside with its paw right back towards Erik and Kinto Q.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Re: <Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q> Still Open For Submissi

Post by Jack Augustine »

[This RP's been dead for over a year, guys. It's time to hang it up. And yes, I am the owner of Zero, simply under a name change.

Kill my characters again and I report.]
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

[@Loudclaw: We were on hiatus. We decided to continue the RP.]

Kinto Q's eyes widened at the approaching explosive. He threw up his arms instinctively to cover his face, with only a fraction of a second to place a dark energy shield up, and he didn't quite manage to form it completely before the grenade detonated. He was thrown back head over heels several feet before landing on his front, face down, slightly scalded. Erik, having no powers with which to protect himself, did not fair so well.

Kinto Q grunted as he pushed his front half up, skin tender from the blast. He looked up in awe at the creature that had charged from the forest-- it was distinctly chao and yet… not. Its limbs were distorted, longer and thicker, with wide shoulders and a hardened core, muscles pumped with immense strength that not even the buffest Power chao weightlifters had. For most other chao, looking upon this beast would have been disturbing, but for Kinto Q, there was only curiosity… and craving.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

The other chao in the pool cried out in horror and surprise as they witnessed the spectacle.
"ERIK!" The neutral fly chao lamented.
"Master!" Zack whispered harshly. His eyes were wide with concern. Do I help, or do I continue to keep these chao locked down..? He wasn't moving.

Were-Adrian landed and promptly growled. He was kicking his legs against the ground, looking ready to charge towards Kinto Q, as if warning him.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Dash smelled smoke.

It was as the five of them were headed back for the Normal Garden that he first caught a whiff of something burning in the air. He didn't want to jump to any alarming conclusions without good reason, but when he saw dark plumes rising up over the horizon in front of them, his heart leapt into his chest.

Their garden. Their garden was on fire.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

((tbh i'm gonna quit, the story's gone too far without me and it's hard for me to escape one-liner hell as of now

plus char is pretty unoriginal by now, judging by the fact that i use him in every successful rp))
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

((That's OK, we realize our hiatus kind of screwed some stuff up. Thanks for being real.))

Struggling to see through the flames he had conjured, Zack could make out the shape of what attacked Kinto Q. It was a large beast, and looked like a formidable foe indeed. He knew he had to act fast. Quickly reaching into his shoulder-slung bag, he pulled out a scroll and opened it hastily. Biting his palm hard, a small amount of blood began to flow onto his hand. Zack flattened the scroll to the ground, which had a green skull prominently illustrated upon it, amongst other symbols. He then forcibly pressed down upon it with his bleeding palm, and in a small puff of smoke, arose a chao-like skeleton before him. Staring intently at the figure, mentally sending instructions, its glowing sockets transitioned from red to green, and Zack handed it his kris knife, leaving it to guard the chao in the pool. Should any of the chao attempt to escape, it would stop them by force. Zack leapt into the air and flew through the small gap in the flames where Kinto Q had been conversing with the chao, and the gap shut in a blaze upon his passing.

Were-Adrian gave Zack no time to get his bearings, however, and quickly pounced upon him. In a second, the grey beast was above him, pinning him to the ground, its arms holding Zack's firmly to the ground. It bore its teeth threateningly.

-----

In his shock, Dash had fallen behind the rest of them. Chasm stopped, too, and turned to look inquisitively towards the red chao. "Dash, is something wrong?"
Spike and Peaches slowly came to a halt as well. Peaches gasped at the sight of the smoke, knowing now what was undoubtedly troubling Dash. Spike looked to Peaches, then to where she was looking.
"That's not ... Is it? Oh no."
Chasm was still confused; and frightened, now, too.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: <Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q>

Post by Zphal »

Dash bit his lip but was quick to stop the gesture so the others wouldn't see. "Peaches," he said, "Take Chasm and Rascal and go somewhere safe. Spike," he turned to face the lime-green chao with determination he wished he felt, "You're with me."
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Kinto Q stood and lifted his right hand, allowing dark energy to fill it before hurtling it at the beast who had his pupil pinned. The effect seemed minimal: singeing fur but failing to penetrate the thick hide; he lifted his left hand next and repeated with his right... left, right, left... pelting the werechao's back with energy blasts. His anger at the inefficacy of his attacks growing, he lifted both hands above his head to create dark lightning. It crackled as it arched between his palms, and he thrust out with a shout, "HEED ME!!", sending the energy to its target that was in direct contact with the ground.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

"What am I missing? Oh." Chasm's face fell further yet as she looked to the distant chao garden, seeing the smoke rising from it.
"Don't be stupid, I'm coming along." Peaches looked suddenly rather angry. "I'm just as strong --"
"It's not about that." Spike interrupted impatiently. "It's the two groupings that make the most sense."
The orange chao huffed, annoyed, but obeyed. "OK, the three of us will find a place to hole up. Meet back here in about an hour?"
Spike and Chasm both nodded in agreement.
The green hero chao looked to Dash, looking somewhat hesitant.

-----

The monstrosity was thrown aside about ten feet, where it lay limp. Small amounts of abnormally dark smoke billowed from Were-Adrian's body.

Zack slowly got to his feet, looking shocked. It was clear he did not know what to say. "Master... Ah," He paused, considering his words that sounded pathetic even in his mind.
"Thank you."
He looked over to the grey mass of fur. The monster that had attacked them did not seem to be lively anymore. Suddenly, he chuckled rather loudly.
"To think that anything could stop us... What a joke."

Just then, there was an unmistakable change in Were-Adrian's form. The smoke stopped, and the charred parts of him seemed to heal over. In moments, the grey beast began to stir.

Zack groaned, embarrassed, already coming to terms with his folly. "You have got to be kidding..."
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Kinto Q offered no word of acknowledgement toward the gratitude, stalking his way past his student and over to the prone form of the werechao. It was stirring back to consciousness... healing gradually. Kinto Q bent down to flip the creature onto its back. He climbed atop it, pressing his hands into Adrian's throat. "Where did you get this power?" he demanded of it, "TELL ME!"

--

Dash nodded. An hour. He hoped one of the two of them would be back by then. That everyone in the chao garden had managed to evacuate and suffered no injuries. "C'mon, we've got to hurry," he said to Spike. He sped off in a red blur.

(RED STREAK... SPEEEEEEDS BY...! DAAASH THE RED CHAO!)
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Were-Adrian jolted to life quite suddenly and quickly threw Kinto Q off of him. Panting, the grey monstrosity rose to its legs and then hunched over once more, its bulky arms falling to the ground to support its upper body weight, not unlike a gorilla. Zack ran over to the swim chao and conjured a flame barrier, rising to encircle and protect them. Were-Adrian fixed its gaze upon the blue chao, looking only more angry than before, if it were possible.

--

Spike followed as quickly as he could; not as fast as Dash, but at a brisk pace nonetheless. Dodging roots, rocks, fallen branches, and other trip hazards, the lime green chao began to think about what may lay ahead of them. He was quite good at hiding. He supposed that, when the two got close, Spike would approach the garden slowly. He tried to tell himself that it was just a fire, that something had gotten out of hand, and it wasn't an attack or anything ridiculous like that, but truthfully, the hero run chao could not convince himself. Was it just him, or had the billowing smoke seemed rather darker than that of a normal fire?

--

Peaches sighed, watching the two chao whose bravery she admired disappear into the foliage. Rather slowly, she turned to face Chasm and Rascal. "Well, either of you two know of a good place to hole up?"
The black chao furrowed her brows. "Nowhere that I can think of, I've never wanted to hide before." She looked hopefully to the swim chao. "Rascal?"
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"I-I... I know a place," stammered Rascal, swaying on his paddle-like feet. "There's a lagoon not too far from here... lots of rock formations and jungle vines. Do you think... do you think we'll need to hide?" His eyes were wide.

--

For the second time, Kinto Q went toppling head-over-heels into the dirt. He rose with a grunt, taking the time to dust himself and his cape off now that he and Zack were contained within the bubble and in no imminent danger. He stepped up to the barrier to look Adrian in the eyes. "I take it you do not possess the capacity to speak," he said to the monstrosity. "Do you even understand what I'm saying?"
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Peaches looked sympathetic. "No, probably not, but it's best to prepare for the worst, I don't know if you've been keeping up with the news..." She imagined he hadn't been. Rascal was a good enough guy, but Peaches thought he was old-fashioned and archaic in his ways to the point where it was annoying and inconvenient at times.
Chasm merely looked from Peaches to Rascal, from Rascal to Peaches, then from Peaches to Rascal again.

--

Were-Adrian only let out a tremendous roar in frustration that the two were beyond its reach. Even in this form, it knew that the dark fire was deadly. It strode about now, circling them, as if looking for a flaw in the barrier, but found none.

Zack thought he heard voices coming from the pool. He bit his lip as he weighed his options. He could conjure additional flames to attack the grey beast, but would that accomplish anything? His master had landed a crippling blow to the werechao, and all it had done was buy them a twenty second respite. Despite his pride, Zack thought it would be best to retreat, but said nothing.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"Th-there was news?" Rascal asked, his voice still a little trembly from the anxiousness he could feel hanging in the air in the wake of the other two chao's departure. "Was it bad?"

--

"I'll take that as a no," Kinto Q commented aloofly. He tilted his head to one side and cracked his neck, then tilting it to the other to do the same. "Zack, lower the forcefield. I wish to go toe-to-toe with the beast for awhile. You gather the hostages. Take the ones... willing to cooperate... back to base. You know what to do with the rest."
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

"Attacks." Chasm said, looking scared at her own words. "Some madman called Kinto Q... But it seems like he's a really powerful madman."
"That about sums it up." Peaches nodded. "We've wasted enough time; lead the way, Rascal."

--

The flame barrier spiraled out, shifting out of its pattern into a straight wall which divided Zack from Adrian as he ran back towards the swimming pool. The dark flames subsided as he ran parallel to them, and those surrounding the water briefly waned to allow the run chao entry. He kicked off, beating his wings a little to land upon the rock face where he had stood a short time ago. His skeletal summoning was still standing guard, and indeed, Zack was pleased to see that not much had changed in his absence. At once, however, the pool erupted with desperate cries.
"What's going on out there?"
"Am I going to die?"
"It's really hot in here!"
The blue chao sighed and waved his hand lazily. "Same deal as before. Work for the Legendary Kinto Q and you will live and be rewarded, refuse and I let you boil to death in here."
More outcries ensued.
"The decision is final. Hurry up, now. Who will join me in serving the greatest chao of our time?"
Truth be known, Zack was getting tired from all of the energy he was expending. He was glad this was almost over. Formidable though that grey beast may be, he was confident that Kinto Q could, at the very least, hold it off and allow him to exit with a few new slaves.
"Very well, then." The dark power chao slowly climbed up to where Zack was, and he allowed it.
The blue chao smiled sinisterly. "Good. Anyone else?"
The chao huddled in the center of the pool spoke in hushed tones; fear and anger were both evident.
"I-- I'll come." The neutral normal chao spoke, and, tremblingly, he too climbed to the rocks.
"You wouldn't hurt my baby?" The sapphire swim chao stammered. Were it not for her tearful, anguished face, she would be quite beautiful.
"I will not allow anyone who stays behind to live." Zack said, though he looked somewhat guilty at the thought of killing a baby chao.
"Ohh..." She sobbed loudly and Zack cringed. Taking the baby chao in her arms, she waded over to the rocks and held her baby above her head. The neutral chao shot her a look of utmost sympathy and grabbed the infant gingerly. In a short time, she climbed up and her baby was returned to her arms.
"You're filth! For not standing up to these ... These evil chao!" The flying chao yelled. The dark chao merely shook his head, but the other two adults looked guiltily away from him.
"No, they are brave for taking a leap of faith. Kinto Q honors the brave." Zack nodded to himself. Pausing, he added, "Will that be all? You've been awfully quiet." He said, looking to the green neutral power chao who hadn't spoken the entire time.
"I'm not joining you." He said, his brief words defiant and laced with venom.
"Very well, let us be on our way." He began to walk along the edges of the carved rocks towards the garden exit, motioning for the others to join him. They followed, with the dark power chao at the front.
"You'll pay for this! Mark my words!" The neutral flying chao shouted again as the departing group left their sight.
Zack merely shook his head and chuckled.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"O-okay," Rascal nodded. "This way." He plodded to the west, wishing to himself that there were running water here, a stream or river, where he'd be in his element and not so slow. Thankfully it wasn't far... a kilometer at most.

--

"Let's see what you can really do..." Kinto Q breathed. As soon as the barrier dropped, the swimchao charged forward, fist drawn back. He swung an uppercut up into the werechao's clenched jaw.