Chao RP: The Palaces of the Elements

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Re: Chao RP: The Palaces of the Elements

Post by Ciao »

Arizona got fed up, and could no longer keep his calm composure. He flung his whip from the side, which wrapped around Junior. He swiftly pulled him close and grabbed him by the neck, holding him in front of his face.
"Listen, bud. I didn't come this far just to have some kid tell me to turn around and go home. I gave you a chance to cooperate, but I'm not playing around any more."
He threw Junior back onto the ground and readied his whip, eyes burning with uncharacteristic anger.
"Now... you let us out, or I'll-" he reached behind him to crack his weapon, but the only thing that cracked was his back. He dropped to the floor and rested his paw on his lower spine, grunting in pain.
"I'll..." he sighed. There was no way to get out of this one. He considered all of his options, but the mistake he had just made cost him not only the quest, but possibly his life.
He looked up the chao, eyes more pleading. "Just make it quick," he muttered.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

Lucky was choking; she was spraying water all over the place near her, frantically trying to get free. If anything terrified her, it was dying without being able to see Minty again.
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Love your enemy, even if they're jerks.

Post by Tri »

"You insignificant little-!" He held a large pointed pillar above Arizona. "I should kill you right now. But I'm feeling bored." He walked far away until he was out of site. Then the cement around everybody disappeared. Throughout the palace, he said, "You can't tell there, but I created a maze here. Find your way through and I may let you live."
This is a REALLY old avatar, so thanks to SonicRainboom!

I finally got a deviantart! Only one drawing now, but check it out!
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

Gasping for breath, Lucky let out a sigh of relief. "...A m-maze?" she inquired, still shaking.

"Pff, this should be simple." Electro told himself, then looked at Arizona. "You alright?"
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

(( Could I get some summarization of the past events/actions, pwease? :3 ))
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

( I guided Hannie to Destiny and Xake, btw. Other than that, idk sorry )
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

(( That's good enough, I guess. ))

Destiny hovered after Snowy and Hannie, curious of the ongoing commotion just ahead.

Xale had drawn his sword and casually trialed behind Destiny.

Hannie just giggled and hopped along.
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

[chatzy, nacho]
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Ciao »

((PLOT SUMMARY OF WHAT HAPPENED THE PAST FEW PAGES:
The group finally finds the temple, only to be confronted by a chao who is seemingly the guardian of the place, called Junior. He proceeds to trap everyone in quicksand, which he then changes into cement out of anger. Arizona tries to reason with him, but loses his cool and attacks him. Angered, Junior releases the group but is now forcing them to challenge a maze if they wish to survive.))

Kyle shook out his limbs, feeling good to be able to move again.
"I guess we really can't go back now," he whispered to Zoey, trying to joke. He couldn't really hide the nervous shakiness of his voice though. He was too discombobulated to focus on being angry at Arizona.

"Yeah, kid... I'm alright." He stood up, slowly, until his back finally cracked into place.
He turned to be as close to Electro as possible. "We gotta think of a way to get him," he whispered. "Let's just get through the maze for now. Shouldn't be too hard, right?"
He sighed. "Sorry I got you all into this."
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

"Arizona, I can't affect him. I'm electric, he's earth... I could've DIED in that cement back there." he explained, sparking a bit with electric power. He was terrified here and he wanted to get out, and his fear showed in his golden-amber eyes.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Destiny walked over, spotting all the chao. "Hmm? Did something happen that I missed?" She asked, a little confused.

Hannie smiled and patted Electro on the back, "Hehe, well, you're okay now!"
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

Unfortunately for Hattie, Electro's back was where his highest concentrations of electricity were. So she got a nasty shock, completely unexpected to Electro. "Gaahhh...! Sorry!"
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

When the cement suddenly disappeared, Char fell over face-down onto the ground.
"Shouldn't-a waited so long." He said,hinting at that he was practically resting in the cement.
After picking himself up, Char ran near the entrance of the temple.
"Now, this may be risky, but—" He grabbed a vine hanging off of the temple. "—I think this may just work."
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

"UGH" Speeps groaned as the cement faded away. That was quite the ordeal back there!

He wasn't t too happy about being sidetracked into having to go through a maze either.
kantu
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: I'm a fire dog. You can't get any cooler than that.

Post by kantu »

Pebbles stepped out of the quicksand and looked up into where Junior had disappeared. "Could I maybe have my hammer back?" Although, it sounded like more of a command than a request.
I got a Wii U! Send me a friend request! NN ID: KantuK
I'm gone for a while, and would love to come back soon, maybe around Christmas?
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

"Ungh... What just happened?" Zoey spoke almost wearily. "I -- I thought we were done for..." She sighed and rearranged herself. Indeed, the journey thus far had been relatively fruitless, and she found herself regretting partaking of it; except, perhaps, meeting Kyle. Indeed, for the first time, she consciously realized she was becoming rather fond of him. A strange feeling washed over her. Zoey instinctively wished to be away from this situation, but a strange thought rattled about her head on top of it; she wanted to be with the swim chao beside her. She didn't want the boringness of her old day job, and she didn't want the deadly excitement of their current adventure. She desired excitement, but she desired something reliable, something stable along with it.

Zoey looked intently into Kyle's eyes. At the moment, they were filled with -- fear, perhaps? But as always, they revealed an understated sort of passion. Despite his lack of God-like powers and apparent awkwardness, she saw something else in him; strength of character... conviction. He didn't seem the most confident sort, but all the same, he didn't seem to feel the need to constantly prove himself. Or perhaps he does. She felt the desire to read his mind once more, but as soon as she thought it, a deep-seated feeling of shame overwhelmed her such that her eyes unfocused momentarily. Zoey felt guilty enough after the first time, and she knew that she had best not repeat the mistake. She bashfully eyed the ground.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

[Eventually I'm gonna have Electro do something similar to VOLT TACKLE.

Also, since Lucky's story isn't well-known to anyone, and her element IS water, can I have the Water Temple be her place of residence? I'll try to come up with a good reason for it.

Plus, Quartz, idk why you hate reading my characters' minds so much.]

Steadying himself, Electro looked around. "When I get out of here, I'll SHOCK that Chao... I hate mazes!" he grumbled, preparing himself to release a discharge of electricity at the ceiling. He was starting to feel very overloaded with the power, and he didn't want to end up in a furious rage of near-infinite power; that sort of thing sent his life force to fragile threads. It had happened only once before; it had been a week before he could walk without pain again.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

((I feel you're making Electro sound less like a Chao and more like a Pikachu :wink: ))

Speeps stumbled to his feet and looked around "Everyone ok?" he asked.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Kyro pulled himself out of his lttle hole. He spit out a couple of pebbles out of his mouth along with some sand and dirt as he climbed."Blegh, so much for reasoning."He got back to his feet and wiped some streakes of dirt off of his chest."So, i guess we only have one choice now hm?"
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

"Yeah." Speeps replied "Did anyone see where the maze is?"
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Love your enemy, even if they're jerks.

Post by Tri »

(Loud, the guardians have been there for centuries. Also, I'm pretty sure Lucky would've reasoned with Junior, being a 'fellow guardian' and all.

Just talk to Ciao)
This is a REALLY old avatar, so thanks to SonicRainboom!

I finally got a deviantart! Only one drawing now, but check it out!
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Hannie spazzed out, but once the pain subsided, she just began laughing. "Mazes? Mazes!? I love mazes!" She piped, running around. "Let's start!!"

Destiny sweatdropped. "A maze?" She rubbed her head. "Strange enough as it is, I haven't once encountered a maze along my adventures…"

Xale chuckled. "This is gonna be fun." He said, only being half sarcastic.
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Ciao »

((Jack, I'm going to send you a PM to discuss that.))

Arizona eyed Char. He had no idea what he was possibly doing with that vine, especially considering that their captor was watching them. He was about ready to speak up and ask, but he figured maybe Char had some sort of plan. Instead, he simply eyed Junior with a look of impatience and exasperation.
Slowly, Arizona Jones began to walk up to the maze. He inspected with his eyes. Only the entrance and one or two hallways could be seen. It didn't seem to dangerous. Unless...
"This maze isn't rigged with any booby-trapped trickery, is it kid?" he called out to Junior.

Kyle looked at Zoey, who was sheepishly staring at the ground. Figuring she must be frightened, he took a deep breath, closed his eyes and tried to organize his thoughts. He put his own fear of the current situation aside for a moment and just thought about her.

He couldn't really think of ways to console her so much as he could think about how much he adored her.

Kyle knew that if he wanted to show his affection, he was going to have to make a move at some point. Unfortunately, the swim chao had little experience with social situations in general, let alone anything romantic. He recalled a time he watched a romantic comedy on the TV in the chao garden...
He finally decided to try employing the oldest trick in the book. He pretended to yawn (not very well), stretched his arms above his head, and wrapped them around Zoey's shoulder. He figured now would be a good time to try and calm her.
"H-h-hey," he said shakily. "We'll be fine... we can get through some silly maze t-t-t-together, right?"
He blushed pink and turned his head away. Poor Kyle realized how corny he sounded after it was too late to take anything back.
kantu
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: I'm a fire dog. You can't get any cooler than that.

Post by kantu »

kantu wrote:Pebbles stepped out of the quicksand and looked up into where Junior had disappeared. "Could I maybe have my hammer back?" Although, it sounded like more of a command than a request.
I got a Wii U! Send me a friend request! NN ID: KantuK
I'm gone for a while, and would love to come back soon, maybe around Christmas?
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

In a way, Kyle's attempts had worked. Zoey looked taken aback for a moment, and then burst out laughing. "What the - ?" She pushed him away playfully. "What was that?!" She began giggled incessantly.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!