How to use Chao points?

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Alex Darks
Child Chao
Child Chao

How to use Chao points?

Post by Alex Darks »

I have no clue what they are for and how to use them.
My game moment of the week- "Why did you have to jump early this time!!"

Newlands.smackjeeves.com
Newlandsss.smackjeeves.com
Thedar-the-Dark.deviantart.com
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: How to use Chao points?

Post by Kausa »

I don't think anyone does.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Jared-the-Hedgehog
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Jared-the-Hedgehog »

You really just use them to get virtual items. You can donate them too. But I think you just use them to increase your inventory and popularity.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

Its sorta like a currency. But its not really important. And they definitely do NOT increase your popularity. Just don't worry about them. Although, sometimes you buy artwork by donating chao points the the artist for permission to use their stuff as signatures or avitars.
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
ninjalink99
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by ninjalink99 »

i dont think they do much for you sorry
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

Chao points are basically a currency we use here on chao island. For each post you make in topics that do not have:
"Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum." You get 1 chao point. Chao points were made for buying small sprites of items and animals from the sonic games. As well as misc items. You can buy these small sprites at the shop on the site here: shop.php?mode=cat
Another way to use chao points is by selling or buying artwork and/or other media that has been made and put on the site for another users enjoyment. For instance, if I wanted someone to make me a banner on an avatar and they wanted 50 chao points for whatever they made for me then I would pay them by going to my point managing system in the user control panel: ucp.php?i=points&mode=transfer and typing in the username of the artwork artist and submitting the amount. You can find the section for artwork here: viewforum.php?f=13
At first you guys may REALLY want to get your chao points up, but don't rush it, because if you spam just to get your chao points up then a moderator will take your chao points. So really, spamming the boards is a no win situation... (But it never was so yeah)
wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by wic. »

wow super, you were super informative and helpful. im surprised. good job.
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

Uhm thanks I guess. :)