I've been asked how to set a custom avatar by a surprisingly large amount of people. I didn't think so many people would have problems with this. But they do, so I'm posting this to tell you how.
- Find an image on the Internet.
- If you're using Internet Explorer: Right-click the image -> Select 'Properties' > Copy the text to the right of 'Address (URL)'.
If you're using Firefox: Right-click the image -> Select 'Copy Image Location'.
If you're using Opera: Right-click the image -> Select 'Copy image address'.
If you're using another browser, you'll have to figure it out yourself, or post here and maybe someone can help you.
- Go to the 'User Control Panel' link at the top of the forum (or click here).
- Click on the 'Profile' Button in the panel to the left.
- Click on the 'Avatar' button from the same panel to the left.
- Paste the copied URL into the 'Link to off-site Avatar' text-box.
Or, alternatively, Upload an avatar to the website using a file on your computer.
Click the 'Browse' Button next to the white box.
Find the Image you wish to use, and double-click on it.
- Click 'Submit' at the bottom of the page.
Remember, the avatar you choose must be 112x112 pixels in size, or smaller. You can check this in the image properties window (see step 2). If you are found to have an avatar over this limit, you will be punished.
If you want to scale an image down so it meets the 112x112 requirement, you can do so by using a graphics program such as Adobe Photoshop, if you have access to such software. (You an also use MS Paint) If you don't know how to do this, I'm currently willing to scale down images for users - just send me a private message asking me to, and make sure you give me the image!
I hope that helped.