Chao emotions for chat.

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
GreenChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Chao emotions for chat.

Post by GreenChao »

We really need some. Like :thinking: :cool: :chaohappy: :cry: :stomp: :surprise: ect.
♪Rolling around that mistery yourself. :thinking: Got places to go to gotta FOLLOW MY RAINBOW. Missing around have to keep moving on. theres no time for me :no: only ONE THING TO DO. MUST KEEP ON MOVING AHEAD. NO TIME TO FOLLW MY BIG EXCHANGE! :no: MUST KEEP ON MOVING AHEAD. Change my lead, i'll set chu free... :herocry: Follow me. :darkwalkback: :herowalk: Set me free. :herocry:
truesilva
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Re: Chao emotions for chat.

Post by truesilva »

Seems like a nice idea but, the chat is fine the way it is, they seem like they'd stretch posts by a little but that's not too bad. However people may spam them and stuffs, and overall they really just don't seem to fit the chat in my eyes, seeing as though its always just been strictly text XD I doubt they'll be brought into the chat c:
egg
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

I don't even go into the chat and I feel like people would be annoyed by others spamming chao emotes.

I'm annoyed by it in the forums. |:
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

^Seconding this.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

The lack there of emoticons doesn't stop Blade from trying to use them and it shouldn't stop you. Most of us know what the emoticons look like based on the command anyway.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

Personally, I can't stand the chao emotes... what would actually be good though is if we had things like text styles.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

If emoticons were made available for the chatbox, I say that users should be able to disable them in their chatbox settings.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Just imagine having a chat like this:
if the chat were to have emoticons wrote: Noob: Hai guys :chaohappy:
Veteran: Welcome.
Noob: Choa are awesom!!!!!1!!11!!eleven111 :chaohappy: :darkhappy:
Noob: Heroa Choa is STOOPID dark Choa rulez :darkcool:
Veteran: Okay...
Noob: GET OUT HEROA CHOA :herowalk:
Noob: do u think Choa are cool :thinking:
Veteran: I think you are on the wrong site
Other members begin flaming, noob leaves chat/site for a while.
It wouldn't work out very well, and I personally don't think we need them in the chat.
Octavia
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Octavia »

^I don't see how naive and dim witted users would be any more temped to talk about Chao in the chat-box simply because they have emoticons. If they are going to talk like that around people who don't appreciate it, It'll end badly anyway.
Avatar by LeafNinja, requested by me. Credit and thanks goes to him.
GreenChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by GreenChao »

Crash32 wrote:Just imagine having a chat like this:
if the chat were to have emoticons wrote: Noob: Hai guys :chaohappy:
Veteran: Welcome.
Noob: Choa are awesom!!!!!1!!11!!eleven111 :chaohappy: :darkhappy:
Noob: Heroa Choa is STOOPID dark Choa rulez :darkcool:
Veteran: Okay...
Noob: GET OUT HEROA CHOA :herowalk:
Noob: do u think Choa are cool :thinking:
Veteran: I think you are on the wrong site
Other members begin flaming, noob leaves chat/site for a while.
It wouldn't work out very well, and I personally don't think we need them in the chat.
People never do that on 3DSPlaza, and that site has over 30000 users.
♪Rolling around that mistery yourself. :thinking: Got places to go to gotta FOLLOW MY RAINBOW. Missing around have to keep moving on. theres no time for me :no: only ONE THING TO DO. MUST KEEP ON MOVING AHEAD. NO TIME TO FOLLW MY BIG EXCHANGE! :no: MUST KEEP ON MOVING AHEAD. Change my lead, i'll set chu free... :herocry: Follow me. :darkwalkback: :herowalk: Set me free. :herocry:
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

Well that's 3DS Plaza or whatever it's called. They don't talk about Chao. The noobs on that aren't the site as the noobs on THIS site. Nobody cares about 3DS Plaza, you can't compare that to Chao Island. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Honestly.
0490-5384-7218 this is my friend code. if you add me please pm me so i know to add you back! if i dont respond to your pm its bc i dont want to add you
[4:36:55 PM] minty kun: I heard someone say "it's the gay people's fault we have aids" go dip your testicles in liquid nitrogen
Octavia
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Octavia »

^I don't know. The idiocy of the fanbse majority and MMO communities I've encountered have been much more idiotic than the ones found on here.
Avatar by LeafNinja, requested by me. Credit and thanks goes to him.
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

Oh I know there's much more idiocy other places, I'm just saying that's the idiocy there. It isn't going to be the same way here. Just because the noobs on 3DS Plaza are talking about Mario, doesn't mean the noobs on Chao Island are. We're Chao Island, not 3DS Plaza. We aren't going to behave the exact same way. If Green Chao is so obsessed with 3DS Plaza, go hang out there :I.
0490-5384-7218 this is my friend code. if you add me please pm me so i know to add you back! if i dont respond to your pm its bc i dont want to add you
[4:36:55 PM] minty kun: I heard someone say "it's the gay people's fault we have aids" go dip your testicles in liquid nitrogen