Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
reggiequeenchao
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bet you guys thought I was dead

Post by reggiequeenchao »

I am so sick of doing this to find a picture EXACTLY 112x112 pixels.

I am suggesting that from when we copy a link of the picture into the bar, and set it to 112x112, that it can be automatically converted to that. Instead of having to search for an exact picture. I am so tired of having to find my usual dancing girl avatar gif exactly 112x112 and under 32mb.

unless I am doing something totally wrong even though I have been trying to do this for the past half hour can also please tell me. I feel so stupid for asking this but I'm sure others are frustrated with this too.

Please and Thank you :3
| DEVIANTART | TUMBLR |
ugh
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Avatar Pictures

Post by superchao »

Uhm... Why can't you just take your image and resize it on iaza and then save it to your computer???

EDIT: Checked your profile.... I mean come on! you aren't some dumbass 8 year old on this site! XD (That was not meant to be offensive btw)
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

^
I can't do that.
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

superchao wrote:Uhm... Why can't you just take your image and resize it on iaza and then save it to your computer???
A better question is who the heck needs to use iaza when your computer should come with fully functional means of resizing images? If I need a picture smaller for the sake of being smaller I simply use Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Resizing is easy and looks fine as long as you're not silly and warp the dimensions. Merely adjust the percentage so the height and width do not exceed 112. Simple as that.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

^Does this still make the GIFs functional? Then I wonder why I still use paint for resizing... I hate using iaza, I always forget whether I need to click that option or not to make the dimensions work out automatically.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

I use Paint.net. It's a brilliant free photoshop alternative, and it's perfect for this kind of thing. I'm not sure about gifs being functional though.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

"Link off-site" does exactly the same thing: resize pictures/.gifs.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

For complete accuracy and best results, I use rsizr.com.

I then use tinypic.

It's an extra minute or two, but I don't change my avatar often so it doesn't matter to me.
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

Crazo3077 wrote:
superchao wrote:Uhm... Why can't you just take your image and resize it on iaza and then save it to your computer???
A better question is who the heck needs to use iaza when your computer should come with fully functional means of resizing images? If I need a picture smaller for the sake of being smaller I simply use Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Resizing is easy and looks fine as long as you're not silly and warp the dimensions. Merely adjust the percentage so the height and width do not exceed 112. Simple as that.
For those people who don't have a resizer on their computer?
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

MAC FAILS AGAIN

Windows: 1
Mac: 0
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

superchao wrote:
Crazo3077 wrote:
For those people who don't have a resizer on their computer?
If you have a computer there is pretty much a guarantee you have a program that can resize images well enough for avatar use. If you can't find it then do some searches. Your computer cannot be so bad that it lacks the most basic of functionality.
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

Crash32 wrote:MAC FAILS AGAIN

YOU SHUT THE **** UP NOW! I MEANT THAT TO SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY DOESN'T HAVE A RESIZER PROGRAM. ALL MACS HAVE A RESIZING PROGRAM AND IF THERE IS AN OS THAT DOESN'T HAVE A RESIZING PROGRAM, THEN IT SUCKS. Good GOD you annoy me. You and your aurora. My mac can kick the crap out of your aurora any day.

Oh and crazo refer to this post. I am angry at your ignorance as well but less so to crash.

EDIT: Make that more so :) honest typo. Are you going to call that a fail as well?
Last edited by superchao on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Well that was a rude direction to take your response, superchao. If you have a mac and say it has a resizing program then why did you ask what to do if one doesn't?
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

^ I felt it was rather warranted considering what he responded to. Grey and Gray really.
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

I am sorry for my outburst but in past experiences I have had to yell to get my point across or I would be stomped on.
I wasn't asking what to do, I was simply making a statement for other people who MAY not have resizing programs built into their computers. I would never ask a stupid question like that for myself.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

Crash32 wrote:MAC FAILS AGAIN

Mac has a resizer. I've used it. How do you think I can make my recolors so good looking? I resize.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

I meant I can get the shadings right.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

superchao wrote:I am sorry for my outburst but in past experiences I have had to yell to get my point across or I would be stomped on.
I wasn't asking what to do, I was simply making a statement for other people who MAY not have resizing programs built into their computers. I would never ask a stupid question like that for myself.
Then just wait till that happens and someone needs to ask. My answer would be the same.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

A little off-topic in here >:0

In answer to your question reggie, Nova was right. My Roxie avatar doesn't fit in 112x112, so I copy and pasted the link of the image in the "Link off site" bar and type in the pixels "112" and "112". I might be a bit blurry, but it works. :3

...wait, why do you have to keep changing it? Can't you just get a new one or keep it there?
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>