TV/Movie Board?

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

TV/Movie Board?

Post by SuperCyber15 »

This has probably been suggested many times, but so far we only have General Discussion to talk about this in. I thought it would be interesting if we had a TV/Movie board where we could make threads and discuss about any TV show or Movie we've seen recently. I thought of this mostly because many new TV shows and old TV shows are starting again in a few days here.

Any opinions on this?
0490-5384-7218 this is my friend code. if you add me please pm me so i know to add you back! if i dont respond to your pm its bc i dont want to add you
[4:36:55 PM] minty kun: I heard someone say "it's the gay people's fault we have aids" go dip your testicles in liquid nitrogen
Omelet
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: TV/Movie Board?

Post by Omelet »

yes pls
Mhhhmmm... I am tasty enough for you, anon-kun? *sizzle*
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

It seems sensible enough if movie and show topics were extremely common, but they aren't. Whenever there's a show that likes being discussed, there tends to be only one topic about it, and dies in about a month. I've seen this with the Adventure Time topic, the My Little Pony topic, the Regular Show topic, and the Gravity Falls topic. For this reason, I don't think it seems necessary.
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

I do see your points, they are valid, and correct. My point is that if the new board is created, I would assume people would actually make more topics about their favorite TV shows and movies, rather than just one every few months or so. With an actual board, it wouldn't just be ignored. But that's my personal opinion.
0490-5384-7218 this is my friend code. if you add me please pm me so i know to add you back! if i dont respond to your pm its bc i dont want to add you
[4:36:55 PM] minty kun: I heard someone say "it's the gay people's fault we have aids" go dip your testicles in liquid nitrogen
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

True, but the possibility of the board being active is still uncertain since there's no way we can be sure that's how it will go down. I doubt the admins would put the time into making a new board that might not even be active.
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

Yes. I need somewhere to live out my X-Files fantasies
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

X-Files yesyesyesyesyes.

Mayor, you still make valid points. It could possibly never stay active. It is just an idea though. :)
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

I actually watch quite a bit of TV... I watch a lot of Gordon Ramsay's shows because he swears like crazy, I watch a lot of crime investigation shows, I watch an insane amount of my little pony, I watch a lot of movies, and I watch the occasional cartoon other than MLP. I think this would be a good idea. :)
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

Well while I can't see any reason why we could possibly need a board like this when we could simply put these threads in General Discussion, I suppose what could be done is that the board is created and put to the test for, say, a month or two. If it has enough activity we can just keep it but if it does not have much activity it can be scrapped, and the contents placed back into GD.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

I actually really like that idea Enzo. Like I said, many shows are either starting or being renewed in a short time here. That's why I think we might see some more topics about TV shows in the next few months.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I think it should be divided into 2 parts, cartoon and anime are a subforum, and everything else is about things like Drama's, Thrillers, Comedies etc.

So for example, MLP, Pokémon, Death Note and Darker than Black would be in the Cartoons and Anime board.

Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who and Community would be in the other board, the main board.

Also, things like Recommendations, and Favorite Movies should be a sticky in both the main and sub-forum.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

Yes, I completely agree with you Retro. Maybe there should be a "Reality TV" subforum?
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

I really doubt there would be a need for subforums. Just one all encompassing Television/Movie board would be fine.

If by chance a need for subforums developed later on we could have some created, but until the need for such a thing is proven just a general section would be more than enough.

Most of the threads would probably go dormant after a few months, anyway.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

I noticed that a lot of people here watch the food network. It is odd but cool.
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

I love the Food Network. And cooking, I used to want to be a chef. I still wouldn't mind it though.
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

I make dinner quite a bit at my house. :)
ALL THE MORE REASON FOR YOU TO COME OVER XD so randomlol...
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

I want more opinions and discussion about this topic, so bump.
superchao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by superchao »

^But I don't have anymore opinions. :(
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

I meant from other people.