Perhaps something to add to the evolutions page

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
RayMan225
Child Chao
Child Chao

Perhaps something to add to the evolutions page

Post by RayMan225 »

I have found that if I give a chao enough specified animals, such as a bunch of speed animals, to raise the level to about ten or so just fore reference and wait a while, the Chao would show gradual evolution to that type despite no other animals being fed to it. I therefore theorize that time and/or age has a major part in evolution and showing the characteristics of Chao evolution. Perhaps someone that actually knows how to conduct these experiments can look into it to confirm it, and it could be added to the Chao Island page? I think it would be useful info.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Perhaps something to add to the evolutions page

Post by Mamkute »

Your assumption is very correct, although also very well known.
The second evolution is determined by the two sliders of the animals/ drives given to it, but there is also the magnitude slider, which increases with age and increases the apparence of the gradual evolution. This is the reason why people don't have to wait until later in the chao's life to prep it for second evolution, they just have to be prepared to wait. It is explained in greater detail here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=28603

May I suggest you read more of Fusion's threads here under Chao Contributions, as it is very important to know, although not on the main site.
Kireek
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Kireek »

I'm not sure why people keep saying this information isn't on the website. It's been on there for ages. The website is where I first read about all this stuff. The first evolution and second evolution pages talk about evolution being based on interactions rather than stats and that it requires enough time to pass, and the gradual evolution page describes it all in much more detail.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I know that that is on the main site, however there is still a some stuff on that is not on the main site that is conveyed on Fusion's threads. And in this application, in terms of gradual evolutions, the magnitude slider, and numeric values, are conveyed with great clarity by Fusion.