Please read!

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Cupcakes are evil.

Please read!

Post by Yukki »

I had an idea, although I have a prediction of 4/100 people will consider it.

I've really noticed how the Role-Playing Forums are a sea of Chao RP's. I noticed how the lack of verities in RP's are on this board.

Also, realized how so many people are waiting for an amazing RP to join. And I came up with an idea.

To organize the Forums a bit, I was thinking of separating the RP's.

Example:

Realistic RP's Forum
A place where RP's are where high-schools, real life, and whatnot are played here.

Unrealistic/Fantasy RP's Board
The other side of the RP forums where magic is. EX: Pokemon, Warrior Cats, Horror, mysteries, ect.

Chao RPing
All the RP's including Chao go here.

Where to go?
A board for those to post their RP suggestions.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Re: Please read!

Post by Dr. Roivas »

I would LOVE for this to be a thing.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

I wish they were separated like this. Then maybe I'd be able to find an RP that I'd be willing to join. Sadly enough, I doubt this will ever be a reality.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

That won't happen. All the RPs would have to be organized by the administrators, and there are too many to handle it all. Plus, people won't really mind it all that much and just put it in the wrong one even more. It's fine this way, I can find my way in RPs I want to join, there are bloody titles, you know. If it says "POKEMON RP" I'm not gonna click it if I want to find a reality RP.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

The clutter is from the actual names of the roleplays, though. If the titles became something like:
[TLOZ] OOT2: Triforce Boogaloo
[REAL] Charting a New Land
[PKMN] Mystery Dungeon: Enter the Rogues
[PKMN] Cross Region Adventure
[UNRL] Crimson Dark: Extinction

and there were no "RP" (it's a given that it's an RP) or "No new joins allowed" in the titles (these can go in the topics themselves) then finding the roleplay would be a cinch.

As for separating the RP forum, I would like an Out of Character subforum. Too many posts are just OOC and no role-playing.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

This all sounds legit!
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

I don't see it being split into that many subforums, but just two different sections for original RPs and ones based on other franchises would be nice.

I once suggested something a little while back, somewhat based on the way topic titles are handled on the Lemma Soft Forums.
An example from the Completed Games page:
Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy] UPDATE

Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Reaching Out [slice-of-life]

Nanolife 1.1 [NaNoRenO 2012] [PC + Android]

Line of Heroes [GxB][Arabian Night Fantasy]

[SciFi|Adventure]Adrift
The genres for the game projects are listed in the title, so you can sort through and find what you're interested in.

CTLC's idea is really cool though, and looks a lot neater. Though, we would all have to know the abbreviations for things.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I think that it's good that we all want some kind of organised reform of the RPing section. I'll certainly be using Chaos' form of organization from now on, starting with a "realistic" RP that will be up tomorrow!
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff: